62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeppers, lots of laundry.... :blush:

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Well, speeding's a bad example anyway.
Speeding is a bad example because it is classified as a civil offense. One cannot have criminal intent when committing a civil wrong.
I dont support anyone breaking the law. Laws are to protect us.
This is the same attitude that kept slavery, racism, and segregation legal and on the books in America.

Unlike you, I strongly agree that there are some laws that must be broken in order to have a case in controversy to challenge it's constitutionality. Otherwise the courts fail to check and balance the executive and legislative branches of our government.

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Well anyway, this thread was supposed to be for Muy Solo to see and understand the potential consequences of her and her husband's actions. I hope she changes her mind, if not then all I can say is I hope she knows how to deal with disappointment and heartbreak.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Filed: Timeline
Speeding is a bad example because it is classified as a civil offense. One cannot have criminal intent when committing a civil wrong.
This is the same attitude that kept slavery, racism, and segregation legal and on the books in America.

Unlike you, I strongly agree that there are some laws that must be broken in order to have a case in controversy to challenge it's constitutionality. Otherwise the courts fail to check and balance the executive and legislative branches of our government.

Dont you dare talk to me about Slavery or Racism..you can totally kiss my behind on that! :thumbs:

shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

okay, let me get this straight....he husband was previously deported and planning on coming back illegally!!!...there is a hefty fine and a jail term plus a life long ban with no waiver possible if he happens to do this and gets caught

she filed the petition less than 2 months ago!!!!

I am one of many sittting here waiting...in my own case almost 3 f**king years from filing the petition and no end in sight yet, I have been screwed over by USCIS so many times it is long past being funny

and NEVER not once would I ever consider entering the country illegally

I am sorry Muy Solo if this sounds harsh, but after less than 2 months of waiting you have not even earned the f**king right to complain

Char

okay, let me get this straight....he husband was previously deported and planning on coming back illegally!!!...there is a hefty fine and a jail term plus a life long ban with no waiver possible if he happens to do this and gets caught

she filed the petition less than 2 months ago!!!!

I am one of many sittting here waiting...in my own case almost 3 f**king years from filing the petition and no end in sight yet, I have been screwed over by USCIS so many times it is long past being funny

and NEVER not once would I ever consider entering the country illegally

I am sorry Muy Solo if this sounds harsh, but after less than 2 months of waiting you have not even earned the f**king right to complain

Char

:thumbs: hats off to you!!!!!!!!!!!!

well spoken

shon.gif

Timeline

Char your right. He is here illegally and she is bringing him in and out. They are fussing over 2 months and she is says she disrepects and does not care to abide by the laws. Captain Ewok locked her thread earlier. Look at her post on the locked thread.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline
Dont you dare talk to me about Slavery or Racism..you can totally kiss my behind on that! :thumbs:
Point well taken. You are in for long struggle to get both those institutions legally re-instated in the US, albeit some might argue they still exist to one level or another.

Timeline

I am sorry laws some good some bad and they are dealt with accordingly. That is why we have the checks and balances system with the government of the USA. Laws keep civil unrest and upheaval out of our daily lives. Thank God we live in a country where we can have freedoms but we must conform to laws to keep our freedoms. And we have elections to try and right the wrongs.

Timeline
...less than 2 months of waiting you have not even earned the f**king right to complain
Perhaps not, but with the kind of resources our nation has there should be no excuse in it taking months or years to process family based immigration petitions for relatives of "US" citizens. I expect more from my government in this area.

Although I do prefer that Muy Solo make her voice heard to her political representatives rather than a public board.

Edited by Satellite

Point well taken. You are in for long struggle to get both those institutions legally re-instated in the US, albeit some might argue they still exist to one level or another.

dont drag Slavery or Race in this. its uncalled for Richard!

Edited by shonjaved
shon.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
...less than 2 months of waiting you have not even earned the f**king right to complain
Perhaps not, but with the kind of resources our nation has there should be no excuse in it taking months or years to process family based immigration petitions for relatives of "US" citizens. I expect more from my government in this area.

Although I do prefer that Muy Solo make her voice heard to his political representatives rather than a public board.

Oh I agree I expected more from the US government also and it should not take the length of time it is taking....but that is no excuse for a blatent disregard for the law or to post on an immigration website after a few months of waiting. She should go take a look at my story ( one of many horror stories) http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7467

and as I previously stated I have never nor would I ever consider entering illegally.

Char

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.