Jackie43

How far prior to interview date can I schedule medical exam?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jackie43 said:

Thanks.. can you or anyone tell me if the Jamaican applicant has to bring originals of sponsor/ joint sponsor’s birth certificate to the interview or would passport copies    Ok? 

You can bring either copies of the US passport or US birth certifcate as proof of the sponsor's citizenship. Originals are not required for these documents.

The applicant needs to bring originals and copies of their passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Edited by Stacey Ann

Timeline
23 hours ago, Stacey Ann said:

You can bring either copies of the US passport or US birth certifcate as proof of the sponsor's citizenship. Originals are not required for these documents.

The applicant needs to bring originals and copies of their passport, birth certificate and marriage certificate.

Thank you! 🙏🏾

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jackie43 said:

Thank you! 🙏🏾

Not sure if this was discussed but as of today 2022 tax docs are required. I know someone who was DQd in 2021 and interviewed today and was asked for the 2022 taxes.

Timeline
On 4/19/2023 at 8:35 PM, Stacey Ann said:

Not sure if this was discussed but as of today 2022 tax docs are required. I know someone who was DQd in 2021 and interviewed today and was asked for the 2022 taxes.

Oh wow thanks. Our  interview is May 3rd. I have to get the 2022 transcripts before then and upload them or can I just bring them to interview?  Also was your friend approved? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jackie43 said:

Oh wow thanks. Our  interview is May 3rd. I have to get the 2022 transcripts before then and upload them or can I just bring them to interview?  Also was your friend approved? 

You will need to bring the transcript(s) to your interview. You can log in, go through a series of security questions, download and print the "return transcript" from here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript. The Embassy had not yet received the medical results, so they were "refused" pending the results. Per the Embassy, Andrews is about a month behind on getting the medical results to them. All the best with your interview! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.