Jackie43

How far prior to interview date can I schedule medical exam?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all. I just received my interview date today for May 3 2023.  I was wondering what’s the earliest I can have the exam done?  I searched but didn’t really see any specific time frames.  Hope you guys can help me out. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jackie43 said:

Hi all. I just received my interview date today for May 3 2023.  I was wondering what’s the earliest I can have the exam done?  I searched but didn’t really see any specific time frames.  Hope you guys can help me out. 

The medical report is only valid for 6 months. Both the visa and medical must be valid when you enter the US. So, if your medical is 2 months old when you have your interview, this will usually be reflected in the visa expiry date being 2 months less than the possible 6 month expiry. Depending in your intended timing for entry to the US, this may create a problem if you were needing 5-6 months to get ready to move. Most of us tried to get the medical as close a possible to the interview date, but early enough to ensure it was available for the interview 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Lil bear said:

The medical report is only valid for 6 months. Both the visa and medical must be valid when you enter the US. So, if your medical is 2 months old when you have your interview, this will usually be reflected in the visa expiry date being 2 months less than the possible 6 month expiry. Depending in your intended timing for entry to the US, this may create a problem if you were needing 5-6 months to get ready to move. Most of us tried to get the medical as close a possible to the interview date, but early enough to ensure it was available for the interview 

Thank you for responding. This helps a lot. I will Try and schedule about two weeks out if available to avoid any issues. 
Oh another question.

Should I bring tax  transcript from 2022? I only submitted 2019, 20, and 21 to NVC last year. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jackie43 said:

Thank you for responding. This helps a lot. I will Try and schedule about two weeks out if available to avoid any issues. 
Oh another question.

Should I bring tax  transcript from 2022? I only submitted 2019, 20, and 21 to NVC last year. 

Yes. For interviews after April 15, the most recent tax return is 2022 

21 hours ago, Jackie43 said:

Congratulations for the interview date. Please how long does it take you from being documentarily qualified to the scheduled of your interview date?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Got it. Thank you again 🙏🏾 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Babban said:

Congratulations for the interview date. Please how long does it take you from being documentarily qualified to the scheduled of your interview date?

Thank you! I was DQ’d on May 26th 2022. Received my interview date March 16th 2023. So about 10 months. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Babban said:

Wow, it might be a case of huge backlogs and long waits for appointments. Please may I ask which US consulate is it?  

Jamaica 

Timeline
20 hours ago, Lil bear said:

Sorry to bother you again. I was reading through some threads and saw something about uploading a new I864 with supporting documents for the current year is this the case? 
Also Do I need to get a new police certificate as well it’s a year old? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jackie43 said:

Sorry to bother you again. I was reading through some threads and saw something about uploading a new I864 with supporting documents for the current year is this the case? 

Some recommend uploading new I864 if anything has changed or if its more than a year old. Definitely take recent payslips with you, the 2022 tax transcripts as you will interview after April 18  If you can also  upload these to CEAC do so. 

If you have lived in the  country,  where the PC is from, for more than 6 months since the issue of the PC, then you need to get a new one. If its from a country where you havent lived since you got it then you do not need another one 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 3/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, Jackie43 said:

US Embassy Jamaica made the police certificate valid for 2 years due to the backlog

Timeline
On 4/10/2023 at 9:39 PM, Stacey Ann said:

US Embassy Jamaica made the police certificate valid for 2 years due to the backlog

Thanks.. can you or anyone tell me if the Jamaican applicant has to bring originals of sponsor/ joint sponsor’s birth certificate to the interview or would passport copies    Ok? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.