R&OC

n-600 for minor: Not even biometrics app. after 14 months waiting [merged threads x4]

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I filed the n-600 for both of my children in Jan. 2022. I chose Fairfax as their field office but for some reason got routed to San Diego.

Both kids received their LPR status via DCF Frankfurt on my husbands orders. We were stationed overseas. Both kids received their passports soon after activating their LPR (within six weeks of their application).

The n-600, however, really worries me. We neither received a biometrics appointment nor any communication beyond the notice of receipt. I did inquire about their current status in May and simply received an email saying the application is pending.

Should I just be more patentiert as this is probably not on the priority list of USCIS or should I contact our congressman? Is this cause for concern? I know we just have one shot at filing for the n-600 and I have these moments in which I am wonder if I made a mistake.

San Diego office has 18 months as processing time for N-600, so you could start by talking to USCIS then your congress representative to get a resolution on your case.

I don't believe you can choose your local office, it is based on where you live plus what USCIS can handle at certain locations, so sometimes you end up with not the closest one to you if there's more than one.

You can look at processing times for in the USCIS website.

event.png

N-400 3 year marriage based (IOE)

Jan 22, 2024 - Submitted online 

Jan 22, 2024 - Biometrics waived

Mar 6, 2024 - Interview scheduled for Apr 11 COMBO I-751/N-400

Apr 11, 2024 - Combo interview - approved N-400

May 1, 2024 - Approved ROC, received 10 GC on May 20.

May 7, 2024 - Oath scheduled for June 14 (requested later ceremony at interview)

June 14, 2024 - Special Flag Day Oath ceremony - I'm a citizen!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can always sue, I would see if your Congressperson could help, that is free.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Chancy changed the title to n-600 for minor: Not even biometrics app. after 14 months waiting [merged threads]
  • 1 month later...
Timeline

Dear community,

I received a couple notifications over the last few days:

Sep 30 - we are actively reviewing your case. Out records showed nothing outstanding at this time.

Sep 30 - Your form N-600 was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling

Oct 2 - We reopened your case and resumed work on it. We will mail you a notice when further action is taken

Oct 2 - We scheduled an interview for your form N-600

Oct 2- Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS

The messages came in this order. Does this mean we have an interview scheduled or does it imply we are back to administrative processing?

I hope someone can help to shed light on this everlasting story of waiting for more than 600 days by now.

• Chancy changed the title to n-600 for minor: Not even biometrics app. after 14 months waiting [merged threads x3]
Timeline

I think, I finally understand. Sorry for the trouble. It is an n-600 question but I thought it is a different question. 

I’ll keep it all here, though.

Timeline

I have a question regarding a notification on the USCIS account - it states  as of Oct 2nd "interview scheduled" but when I called today, I was told, it is in line to be scheduled. Perhaps I am too concerned but I am super worried about missing a letter or notification as everything is being sent to a family member stateside. I had expected the notification document to be uploaded on our USCIS account but it hasn't. Also, the tier 1 agent said, it hasn't been scheduled yet. 

Has anyone insights into USCIS providing reliable information on this level? Should I approach it differently? I would hate to be calm about the notification believing it will eventually and then accidentally end up missing my daughters interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

USCIS does not schedule interviews

Case goes to NVC from USCIS and after all the work is done there,  u will be in queue for embassy and NVC to schedule interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

I would not believe a person on the phone. Tier 1 are known to give wrong information all the time.

Wait for the actual notice and attend the interview.

Can I trust USCIS mailing the letter and uploading the notice on the USCIS account?

Timeline

USCIS is now saying they made a mistake and the interview has been requested not scheduled yet.

(It's a real cliff hanger. How am I ever going to live a normal life without fretting over USCIS? I may have to apply for a job there.)

Seriously, though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.