R&OC

n-600 for minor: Not even biometrics app. after 14 months waiting [merged threads x4]

44 posts in this topic

*** Merged yet another related thread.

@R&OC  It's understandable that you are anxious about the delays with your children's cases, and you are free to ask questions here.  But please do not create any more new threads related to this topic.  As you have been instructed previously, keep your questions/updates related to your children's N-600 cases in this thread only, to save members' time having to ask for any relevant background info again.

-- VJ Moderation ***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I honestly didn’t make this mistake consciously. It was a question pertaining to USCIS notifications and not the n-600 per se. So, I didn’t think this question would fit into the other threat. Anyway, my take-away is that any question, be it USCIS account related or n-600 should for now fall into this threat. I wish we had a n-600 group as we had with our I-130 or n-400 back in the day. One does feel a little lonely out there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/10/2023 at 3:59 PM, R&OC said:

I honestly didn’t make this mistake consciously. It was a question pertaining to USCIS notifications and not the n-600 per se. So, I didn’t think this question would fit into the other threat. Anyway, my take-away is that any question, be it USCIS account related or n-600 should for now fall into this threat. I wish we had a n-600 group as we had with our I-130 or n-400 back in the day. One does feel a little lonely out there.

I'm sure there are lots of people waiting on the N-600. In my area it was supposed to take just 3 1/2 months but it has been 7 months already. One daughter they reused her biometrics but the other we had to have new one done. 

My wife came to the US on an F1 visa about 10 years ago.

05/19/2007 Wedding

03/11/2008 Mailed AOS

03/13/3008 Forms Recieved in Chicago

03/19/2008 Checks Cashed

03/21/2008 NOA's received

04/07/2008 Biometrics Appointment in Cincinnati

05/06/2008 I-765 and I-131 Approved

06/06/2008 I-485 Interview in Louisville, KY

06/06/2008 I-485 Approved :)

Timeline
2 hours ago, Paul Hanaki said:

I'm sure there are lots of people waiting on the N-600. In my area it was supposed to take just 3 1/2 months but it has been 7 months already. One daughter they reused her biometrics but the other we had to have new one done. 

We are at 22 months now. I had expected up to 12 months. Its frustrating as one child got the notification "interview is scheduled" but USCIS 1tier agent says it was a mistake and we are routed for interview scheduling. I am inclined to believe her as no notification showed up in my daughters USCIS account. However, there is this nagging feeling of "what if"? What if it was scheduled but we never received a letter nor was the notification uploaded to her document tab.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

So, we have not received a letter at all. There was never a document uploaded to their account. However, upon inquiring, USCIS responded by email saying, they would now reschedule the interview.

I honestly believe the status should probably be "ready to be scheduled" but for some reason, whoever worked on it, clicked on the wrong button. I am still concerned about the average processing time of said field center being 14.5 month but we are at 22 months waiting time now with no end at sight.

I have just printed out the inquiry form for our congressmen to initiate their support. I'll update when and if things start moving along again.

Edited by R&OC

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

One of my daughters received her certificate. We had to go to Louisville to pick it up in person. The other daughter who we applied first still hasn't received her's.  I asked about her's while we were there but all they could tell me was it was still being adjudicated. We are almost at the 9 month mark for her so not nearly as long as yours. The processing time for Louisville is 6.5 months so not sure why her's is stuck. 

05/19/2007 Wedding

03/11/2008 Mailed AOS

03/19/2008 Checks Cashed

Timeline
On 12/6/2023 at 7:46 AM, Paul Hanaki said:

One of my daughters received her certificate. We had to go to Louisville to pick it up in person. The other daughter who we applied first still hasn't received her's.  I asked about her's while we were there but all they could tell me was it was still being adjudicated. We are almost at the 9 month mark for her so not nearly as long as yours. The processing time for Louisville is 6.5 months so not sure why her's is stuck. 

Thank you for letting me know. We are now at the 23 months waiting mark. All inquiries yield nothing other than they are ready to be scheduled for an interview as of Oct 2nd. I really do not want to spent even more money on a writ-of-mandamus… but do feel anxious.

Timeline
On 12/8/2023 at 7:03 PM, R&OC said:

Thank you for letting me know. We are now at the 23 months waiting mark. All inquiries yield nothing other than they are ready to be scheduled for an interview as of Oct 2nd. I really do not want to spent even more money on a writ-of-mandamus… but do feel anxious.

I did an inquiry online last week and just got a generic response "Our records show that your N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship, is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. Once a decision is made you will be contacted. We apologize for the delay."  If I were you I would try calling your US Senate office and see if they can help.

05/19/2007 Wedding

03/11/2008 Mailed AOS

03/19/2008 Checks Cashed

Timeline

Both kids are ready to be scheduled for an interview since OCT 2nd - according to USCIS tier one agent. Our online account actually states, Interview scheduled and notice mailed out. However, agent(s) claim this was an error and they are simply in line for an interview.

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

It’s been 24. month now. Field office is San Diego. Called a recommended lawyer but she just said USCIS has been extremely busy and focus on employment visa. She said we would have to wait. What I do t understand is how others at San Diego field office get approved around 14 months and we have been stuck on „ready to be scheduled for an interview“ for 4 months now without a RFE?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

San Diego, they will be overwhelmed by the Border issues.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We have been waiting on the N-600 for my adopted daughter since Feb 9, 2023.  Biometrics were taken Aug 28 2023.  Every time I do an inquiry I get the same answer,  "Yeah we got it, no we don't need anything and if you ask for an agent we will hang up on you!"  We did file for and should receive her US Passport next week.  It is showing as having been approved and sent.  Honestly I don't know why I even spent the money to file the N-600.  The US Passport is accepted as proof of citizenship, what more do you need.  More money wasted.

Dave

Timeline
3 hours ago, davemcphe said:

We have been waiting on the N-600 for my adopted daughter since Feb 9, 2023.  Biometrics were taken Aug 28 2023.  Every time I do an inquiry I get the same answer,  "Yeah we got it, no we don't need anything and if you ask for an agent we will hang up on you!"  We did file for and should receive her US Passport next week.  It is showing as having been approved and sent.  Honestly I don't know why I even spent the money to file the N-600.  The US Passport is accepted as proof of citizenship, what more do you need.  More money wasted.

Dave

I disagree but I have heard your argument before. At the same time, in some cases, US passports may not be enough proof of citizenship and we have seen cases here where all the sudden a renewed passport was no longer granted.

Timeline
On 5/15/2024 at 2:11 PM, davemcphe said:

Dave

Because in 20 years when you are not around and they don't renew their passport it might be extremely hard to gather all the paperwork needed to get approved again. It's not like a native born that just needs a birth certificate. 

05/19/2007 Wedding

03/11/2008 Mailed AOS

03/19/2008 Checks Cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.