rob554

Evidence question

26 posts in this topic

So im filing i-129F, how do you all feel about this amount of evidence of meeting?

1. 10 Photos(1 with fiance mom and 1 with fiance and his dad).

2. 1 Photo explanation page.(All photos description)

3. Passport stamps, Flight itineraries and receipts(3 meetings in total)

4. Activity receipts(Hotel receipts, Zoo, Movie).

5. 1 page with a christmas gift to fiance.

6. 12 pages of messages on Discord(Initial messages are gone due to account deletion).

7. 1 page showing discords Terms of Use.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

On your printer scan 2 or 3 photos to 8x11 sheet of paper /easier for USCIS to scan those to computer 

Under each photo I added a date and ID'd the people

Edited by JeanneAdil

9 hours ago, rob554 said:

I have that too, mightve lost a few but i have the complete ones for two of the trips

You only need to provide evidence of one meeting within the past two years.  Make sure you have a complete set of evidence that tells the whole story of that meeting.   Other meeting evidence is then unneeded.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you fill out your timeline, the members can better assist you: https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=444642

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

You have provided USCIS information extra information that they don't need. And I have seen cases where people provided extra information and they ended up getting an RFE because the evidence they provided was not concise and it was hard to follow. I honestly don't know why people keep doing what you have done, because you are operating outside the scope of what USCIS asked in the i-129f instructions. 

You do not need to prove to USCIS that you have a relationship. In fact, it's literally not USCIS's job to confirm that you have a relationship, that's the job of NVC/Embassy. USCIS's job is to confirm that you filled out the form without errors, that the petitioner is a US citizen, that both parties provide evidence that you intend to marry, and that you have evidence that met at least once in the previous 2 years prior to filing. Additionally there are some extra steps you might have to prove if either has been previously married, if either have a criminal record, or if you met through a marriage broker. That's literally all USCIS is going to verify.... USCIS will NOT send a RFE for you to "prove you have a relationship" and if they did I would like to see it because it would be a legal case against USCIS for asking for material outside of their scope. 

I was approved by USCIS (NOA2) on 2/10/2023. I Provided a correctly filled out i-129f, check for 535, two passport style photos, copy of my birth certificate, two signed letters stating that each of us intended to marry the other, copy of our divorce decrees, and finally evidence of meeting in the prior 2 years. This evidence included exactly copy of plane tickets to/from my fiancée's country, copy of passport stamps, 4 dated pictures during this visit, and one hotel receipt during this visit. I provided literally nothing else and was approved without a RFE

You might ask "What was the situation I saw where someone received an RFE by providing too much information?" Well this person was not a English speaker and they didn't understand the RFE they received. The RFE said they needed to provide clear evidence of seeing each other in the last two years. They then showed me 4 pages of passport stamps proving they had a relationship, said they sent them 10 airline tickets, and 30 pages of whatsapp chat logs, and lots of pictures. Well I looked over their evidence and no wonder USCIS denied them... on the 10 flights they submitted only 1 of them actually met the 2 year meeting requirements. Whoever advised this person to submit a massive packet of evidence that USCIS doesn't ask for was wrong. These agents approving applications are working on a checklist of things they need to look for. If you drown them in information then maybe they overlook the actual information they need to give you a checkmark and approve you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
23 hours ago, wazzujoel said:

You have provided USCIS information extra information that they don't need. And I have seen cases where people provided extra information and they ended up getting an RFE because the evidence they provided was not concise and it was hard to follow. I honestly don't know why people keep doing what you have done, because you are operating outside the scope of what USCIS asked in the i-129f instructions. 

You do not need to prove to USCIS that you have a relationship. In fact, it's literally not USCIS's job to confirm that you have a relationship, that's the job of NVC/Embassy. USCIS's job is to confirm that you filled out the form without errors, that the petitioner is a US citizen, that both parties provide evidence that you intend to marry, and that you have evidence that met at least once in the previous 2 years prior to filing. Additionally there are some extra steps you might have to prove if either has been previously married, if either have a criminal record, or if you met through a marriage broker. That's literally all USCIS is going to verify.... USCIS will NOT send a RFE for you to "prove you have a relationship" and if they did I would like to see it because it would be a legal case against USCIS for asking for material outside of their scope. 

I was approved by USCIS (NOA2) on 2/10/2023. I Provided a correctly filled out i-129f, check for 535, two passport style photos, copy of my birth certificate, two signed letters stating that each of us intended to marry the other, copy of our divorce decrees, and finally evidence of meeting in the prior 2 years. This evidence included exactly copy of plane tickets to/from my fiancée's country, copy of passport stamps, 4 dated pictures during this visit, and one hotel receipt during this visit. I provided literally nothing else and was approved without a RFE

You might ask "What was the situation I saw where someone received an RFE by providing too much information?" Well this person was not a English speaker and they didn't understand the RFE they received. The RFE said they needed to provide clear evidence of seeing each other in the last two years. They then showed me 4 pages of passport stamps proving they had a relationship, said they sent them 10 airline tickets, and 30 pages of whatsapp chat logs, and lots of pictures. Well I looked over their evidence and no wonder USCIS denied them... on the 10 flights they submitted only 1 of them actually met the 2 year meeting requirements. Whoever advised this person to submit a massive packet of evidence that USCIS doesn't ask for was wrong. These agents approving applications are working on a checklist of things they need to look for. If you drown them in information then maybe they overlook the actual information they need to give you a checkmark and approve you. 

YES!! Finally someone who gets it!!  Thank you!!

On 3/16/2023 at 1:21 PM, wazzujoel said:

thanks for the information! :D, I will take out the relationship information and use just my boarding passes, passport stamps, pictures and hotel receipts as my evidence.( Also i have pictures of the boarding passes, is that worse than scanning? or is it just fine)

Our evidence for the K1 totalled three pages: two pages with "official" info all together and an extra one with four pictures of us including place and date. 

For the description we used JUST the space provided in the form; it literally read: we met in xxxx year, we visit each other since then. 

From all the immigration things we have been through, the K1 was the easiest of them all. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
25 minutes ago, rob554 said:

Denmark

You have more than enough.  Possibly too much.

For the I-129F, you only need to submit evidence of having met in person within the last 2 yeas.

Some countries are difficult and people need to front-load the I-129F with tons of relationship evidence.  Denmark is not one of them.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.