Dart Lobo

Forms filling issues

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Interesting. On my mac (Ventura 13.2.1) none of Safari, Preview, nor Chrome will auto populate or auto calculate   

No idea if the free acrobat will work.

Good thing Preview provides a free work around: text fields

Just googled this and it is a long time issue never fixed. Some people made work on Adobe for Windows. Impossible to fix on Mac. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Item 29: 1

Part 5, Item 1 (you): 1

Part 5, Item 2 (spouse): 1

Part 5, Item 8: Total: 3

Me again, sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, but this form i864 is too confusing. This part here on Part 6 do I add my individual income or the household income from my tax return? Note that I'm file jointly with my husband and on the Tax return it show only one amount for the gross income. 

It so frustrating that I already filled all the other forms and this one is taking too much time for me to finish it. 

image.thumb.png.be58a6fd8cd35e8de9479cda65073421.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Dart Lobo said:

This part here on Part 6 do I add my individual income or the household income from my tax return? 

My understanding is that you enter what is in the joint tax return, and then if you are qualifying using just your individual income, include all W-2s and 1099s for both filers. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Never had an issue with Windows, Internet Explorer (or Edge or what the heck it's called these days) or downloading the form and fill it out afterwards. Never had an issue with any of the USCIS forms I have filled out (and it's been quite a few through the years). 

The only issue was that my names were just too many and too long to fit into certain boxes, so I just hand wrote those with a black ink pen. Worked like a charm. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

On 3/10/2023 at 2:55 PM, Dart Lobo said:

Has anyone found a better solution?

If you use Firefox and are familiar with their developer tools you can remove the

disabled=""

from the <input> tags to write in them, as well as change maxlength attribute where it doesn't let you type enough numbers for a phone number etc.

That's how I've been doing it but another issue I noticed with some of these forms is that some of the fields that you enter info in can print blank if you print from certain PDF preview applications.

If I print from browser it's okay but I don't own a printer and had to have them printed at Office Depot, so be sure to go through them with a fine tooth comb after printing to make sure everything is filled in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.