OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

667 posts in this topic

The thread has been super helpful in the past few months with my own Visa awaiting process, so I want to give back to the community here :) EB1C applicant, had I140 approved back in August 2022, DQed Nov 2022. Visa bulletin retrogressed in Jan 2023 before an interview was scheduled. PD becomes current again on April 1, 2024. Got my IL today, interview on Sept 9 in London. Good luck everyone!

Edited by Onedelta

My PD is probably more than 18m off (Feb 2024) but I’m wondering how people get their medical records in order? I was vaccinated as a child (and through various pregnancies as an adult) under the NHS but I don’t think I have and records of that. Will my GP be able to access that? 

2 hours ago, Rhaydaer said:

My PD is probably more than 18m off (Feb 2024) but I’m wondering how people get their medical records in order? I was vaccinated as a child (and through various pregnancies as an adult) under the NHS but I don’t think I have and records of that. Will my GP be able to access that? 

Yes, it’ll all be on your medical record. You’ll need your Summary Care Record for the medical anyway, so maybe get that sooner rather than later so you know what extra vaccines you need to have. 

Also, please fill in your timeline, thanks. 

Edited by appleblossom

On 7/30/2024 at 3:31 PM, Onedelta said:

The thread has been super helpful in the past few months with my own Visa awaiting process, so I want to give back to the community here :) EB1C applicant, had I140 approved back in August 2022, DQed Nov 2022. Visa bulletin retrogressed in Jan 2023 before an interview was scheduled. PD becomes current again on April 1, 2024. Got my IL today, interview on Sept 9 in London. Good luck everyone!

Congrats! Best way you can give back is to fill in your timeline please, to help other EB applicants. There aren’t many of us so we need all the data we can get. 

Thanks and good luck. 

Hello everyone,

Quick question for those who have received their IV and have immigrated to the US already, please, once invitation letter is received and medical examination appointment is booked, anything else to do after medicals and before interview?

I saw online somewhere that you must confirm your appointment date online and while you are confirming your appointment online, you will be asked to register with the Embassy's contracted courier service for the return of your documents if your application is successful. Is this true? This is not stated on my IL. Or is this arrangement for return of passport/doc made during the interview?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, DDON said:

Hello everyone,

Quick question for those who have received their IV and have immigrated to the US already, please, once invitation letter is received and medical examination appointment is booked, anything else to do after medicals and before interview?

I saw online somewhere that you must confirm your appointment date online and while you are confirming your appointment online, you will be asked to register with the Embassy's contracted courier service for the return of your documents if your application is successful. Is this true? This is not stated on my IL. Or is this arrangement for return of passport/doc made during the interview?

Thanks.

You must register your appointment here

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

Hi eveyone, I find this thread very helpful thank you all for contributing.  I am currently in the process of obtaining an EB5 visa.  I recently received an email from NVC confirming that I was DQ'ed 6th June 2024.  I am UK born and bred and I still live in the UK, my PD is current and I am waiting for an IL for my interview at the embassy in London.  

I am wondering what the timeframes are for receiving an IL for EB5, if they are similiar to EB1 or 2? 

Apologises if this is off topic for most of you but EB5 seems to be a lot less common than other EB visas and I found less information on this forum.  Any insight would be hugely appreciated.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello!

(1) For those who opted for collection, how long did it take to receive your passport after the interview? Our interview is scheduled for early Friday morning in London.

(2) Additionally, should EB2 dependents (spouses) expect any specific questions during the interview? I've read online that they might be asked about the marriage, the primary applicant's application, and whether they plan to work in the US.

Thank you!

Edited by NYCHello

Hi. For anyone waiting for IL in EB category for London, I got my IL today for 21/10!!!!!! It has been a long wait but finally have the appointment. Hope other got theirs today too!!

18 minutes ago, hellowilly said:

@PACMAN82Congratulations! May I ask what time you received your IL today? Just checked my mailbox and I still don't have one and I am wondering if they send out the ILs at a particular time or through out the day?  Many thanks.

Hi

i was DQ on May 30 and received IL on July 30 and Interview Day is September 9

20 minutes ago, hellowilly said:

@PACMAN82Congratulations! May I ask what time you received your IL today? Just checked my mailbox and I still don't have one and I am wondering if they send out the ILs at a particular time or through out the day?  Many thanks.

It came at 2.20am. I'm not sure if it is as a result of my hounding of NVC or a general appointment sent out to others.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.