OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

618 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2024 at 9:30 PM, appleblossom said:

Thread is for EB2 applicants applying via London. Not sure of DQ date though. 

HTH.

For EB1-A applicants do we upload our civil documents to CEAC or do we send them via mail? My Welcome Letter from NVC simply says: " After completing the above steps, submit documents to NVC by following the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/mail." so it's unclear if I am to mail them as the link provides for both emailing and mailing NVC.

On 6/1/2024 at 12:16 AM, canadian85 said:

What is your visa category? And what was your DQ date?  Which consulate?

EB2 - London - Jan 3rd. 

For those that have appeared for EB2 consular interview cases -- do you have advice? How can we prepare better for the interview questions that may potentially be asked. Is there something that we should specifically prepare for?

Hi guys, I'm currently waiting for an interview at London, having switched from Abu Dhabi in May. I had confirmation from NVC and new case number on May 13th 2024. EB-2 NIW with PD of Aug2022 so is current and has been since Jan. I was DQ April2023. I was wondering if any appointments have gone out for London this month. I have not received anything as yet. Thanks.

Hi guys. I am confused about priority dates. Does that apply to me if I am submitting an eb2 NIW petition from the UK and intending to go on consulate processing.

Also can any of you advice as to how long your process took and if you got your i-140 approved in less than the suggested 3 months. 

Also I have a master's degree from UK and I am painfully waiting for a WES evaluation which has delayed me by 6 weeks. I am told that an evaluation for an out of US degree is absolutely necessary but I want to hear any thoughts about anyone who had submitted without and what your experience was. Thank you 

2 hours ago, jeleven said:

Hi guys. I am confused about priority dates. Does that apply to me if I am submitting an eb2 NIW petition from the UK and intending to go on consulate processing.

Also can any of you advice as to how long your process took and if you got your i-140 approved in less than the suggested 3 months. 

Also I have a master's degree from UK and I am painfully waiting for a WES evaluation which has delayed me by 6 weeks. I am told that an evaluation for an out of US degree is absolutely necessary but I want to hear any thoughts about anyone who had submitted without and what your experience was. Thank you 

Yes, it applies to everybody. 

My I-140 was approved in 8 days, not sure about the 3 months, where did that come from? If you applied using premium processing then it's a decision within 45 days. And if you didn't, then it's about a year. 

I didn't submit any evaluation for my masters, but you should go with whatever your lawyers suggest.

Good luck. 

12 hours ago, dabursot2 said:

July just Did!!!!!!! Current now, waiting on that IL even more anxiously :D:D

Just thought I'd share the joy that is overflowing in me :D:D

Congrats! Hope it's not too long until you get your IL. 

On 6/10/2024 at 1:15 AM, paxi said:

EB2 - London - Jan 3rd. 

For those that have appeared for EB2 consular interview cases -- do you have advice? How can we prepare better for the interview questions that may potentially be asked. Is there something that we should specifically prepare for?

I don't have any advice as I am just in the beginning of mine. However I was hoping that you could explain priority dates for UK consular after i140 is approved please. Also what was the timeline for i140 approval.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, jeleven said:

I don't have any advice as I am just in the beginning of mine. However I was hoping that you could explain priority dates for UK consular after i140 is approved please. Also what was the timeline for i140 approval.

They are listed on the Visa Bulletin

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 6/8/2024 at 9:09 PM, HillB said:

For EB1-A applicants do we upload our civil documents to CEAC or do we send them via mail? My Welcome Letter from NVC simply says: " After completing the above steps, submit documents to NVC by following the instructions at https://nvc.state.gov/mail." so it's unclear if I am to mail them as the link provides for both emailing and mailing NVC.

It is usually mentioned in welcome letter. If upload option is avialble in CEAC, just upload it there. Else send them manually. For me, the option for upload was disabled and I had to do manually. 

On 6/10/2024 at 1:15 AM, paxi said:

EB2 - London - Jan 3rd. 

Questions for me were:

1. Are you applying based on your degree?

2. Do you plan to stay in acedemia or industry? 

3. How long were you married? Is she your first wife? Is she your first chid?

4. Where do you plan to go in the US?

Actually it was more or less a friendly conversation. Nothing to worry about. 

Just now, jeleven said:

I answered this above? I-140 approval time will depend on if you/your employer pays for premium processing or not. If so then you get a response within 45 days, if not, then about a year. 

Probably no point in paying for PP though as your Priority Date won't be current for a while so you may pay $3k for nothing. You need to look at the Visa Bulletin each month to see what the current date is, as you can see from below it's currently 15th Jan 2023, meaning only those who applied before that date can get a visa. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-june-2024.html

Your lawyer will be able to advise you on it all as well. Were you born in the UK? Note that it's country of birth that matters for the Visa Bulletin, not the country you're applying in. 

Good luck. 

38 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

I answered this above? I-140 approval time will depend on if you/your employer pays for premium processing or not. If so then you get a response within 45 days, if not, then about a year. 

Probably no point in paying for PP though as your Priority Date won't be current for a while so you may pay $3k for nothing. You need to look at the Visa Bulletin each month to see what the current date is, as you can see from below it's currently 15th Jan 2023, meaning only those who applied before that date can get a visa. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2024/visa-bulletin-for-june-2024.html

Your lawyer will be able to advise you on it all as well. Were you born in the UK? Note that it's country of birth that matters for the Visa Bulletin, not the country you're applying in. 

Good luck. 

I wasn't born in the UK but I live here so I would like to go through the consular process from here is that possible? Also, I said three months because my friend just got hers approved and it took that long without expedited. I doing NIW and don't have a lawyer. Hence my many questions to get clarity.

2 minutes ago, jeleven said:

I wasn't born in the UK but I live here so I would like to go through the consular process from here is that possible? Also, I said three months because my friend just got hers approved and it took that long without expedited. I doing NIW and don't have a lawyer. Hence my many questions to get clarity.

Same for me. I was born in elsewhere and now working in UK. Since ur i140 has been approved, go ahead with consular processing. Send a public inquiry to NVC asking for a change to Embassy in UK. Attach proof of address and your BRP. They will change it within a week. Good luck. 

i did the same. You can do all consular processing by yourself. Go ahead

9 minutes ago, jeleven said:

Yes, you can go through the London consulate, but my point is that you are asking about the time for your PD to become current on the VB, and then it's based on your country of birth regardless of where you are living. For example, somebody that was born in India but living in London would have to wait a decade or so longer than somebody that was born in the UK.

I'd STRONGLY recommend not doing an employment based immigrant visa app without a very good lawyer. Ours took several months to put our case together, and the submission was thousands of pages.  I think spousal or family based cases are fine to DIY, but not employment based personally.  

Your friend was very lucky, that's unusual - official processing times show 10 months IIRC, figure about a year and then if it's sooner that will be good, but it doesn't really matter as your friend won't be able to get a visa until her PD is current anyway. 

3 minutes ago, snm2212 said:

Same for me. I was born in elsewhere and now working in UK. Since ur i140 has been approved, go ahead with consular processing. Send a public inquiry to NVC asking for a change to Embassy in UK. Attach proof of address and your BRP. They will change it within a week. Good luck. 

i did the same. You can do all consular processing by yourself. Go ahead

Seems @jeleven hasn't even applied yet. 

Edited by appleblossom

9 hours ago, snm2212 said:

Questions for me were:

1. Are you applying based on your degree?

2. Do you plan to stay in acedemia or industry? 

3. How long were you married? Is she your first wife? Is she your first chid?

4. Where do you plan to go in the US?

Actually it was more or less a friendly conversation. Nothing to worry about. 

Thanks, my interview today went well. It was a friendly conversation like you mentioned. Now i'm just waiting for my medical results to be updated and then i'll recieve my passport soon.  On average how long does the US embassy take to stamp and return the passport assuming that everything is approved?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.