OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

623 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Appreciate if someone can advise as we have received an interview appointment for 5th of Jan however, when checked with Visa Medicals, they dont have any appointment before 10th of Jan and results can only be available by 24th Jan at present. So, is it  advisable to still attend the interview even without Medical Results & Police Certificate which too is still in process as they are currently not providing any premium service (2 days) but standard service which may take upto 30 days.

Do absence of these docs can result in automatic rejection of visa or we should wait and reschedule appointment.

I am really confused as what to do, would appreciate if someone has been through similar situation and what's the implication. Thanks & regards  

1 minute ago, SRA_WLS said:

Hi All,

Appreciate if someone can advise as we have received an interview appointment for 5th of Jan however, when checked with Visa Medicals, they dont have any appointment before 10th of Jan and results can only be available by 24th Jan at present. So, is it  advisable to still attend the interview even without Medical Results & Police Certificate which too is still in process as they are currently not providing any premium service (2 days) but standard service which may take upto 30 days.

Do absence of these docs can result in automatic rejection of visa or we should wait and reschedule appointment.

I am really confused as what to do, would appreciate if someone has been through similar situation and what's the implication. Thanks & regards  

Did you try emailing London embassy and sending NVC an inquiry through their NVC inquiry form?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Quite common go to the interview

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 12/21/2023 at 10:33 AM, SRA_WLS said:

Hi All,

Depends on if you're in a rush really - you can delay the interview but may end up waiting longer in the end if you do that. Personally, I'd still go to the interview and then they'll just hold approval until anything missing is received. 

But if the medical appointment is on 10th Jan then it shouldn't take until 24th Jan for them to be received by the consulate, they're sent electronically and usually pretty quick (ours were received 2 days after the medical). 

Good luck. 

Just now, dolibash said:

and to your estimates in LDN, is it end of month that VB will be current at, or the one after it?

We already know it's not current next month, as the VB for January has been released. Personally if I had to guess (and it really is just a guess) I don't see it becoming current anytime soon. 

16 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

We already know it's not current next month, as the VB for January has been released. Personally if I had to guess (and it really is just a guess) I don't see it becoming current anytime soon. 

I meant current for my personal case. I just got current in Jan VB and was DQed in April 22. I was hopeful to get the IL end of this December, but I think end of Jan is a safer guess. 

7 minutes ago, dolibash said:

I meant current for my personal case. I just got current in Jan VB and was DQed in April 22. I was hopeful to get the IL end of this December, but I think end of Jan is a safer guess. 

Ah, ok. Definitely not December then if your PD isn’t current until the Jan bulletin, you won’t be added to the queue until there’s a visa available to you. 

So hopefully Jan IL for a Feb interview. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

A comment removed due to 1) user having his or new own thread. Please do not post duplicative queries and 2) this thread is ONLY for updates on receiving IL letters for London consulate, not about how to change the consulate or any other issues. Please stick to your already created thread. If you want to ask a specific member something, please send them a PM. Thanks.

VJ Moderation 

Edited by powerpuff

Hi @appleblossom thanks for your feedback.

Well, I am not in any hurry, however, just am curious to know if someone have had rescheduled Interview in recent past in London embassy and in how much time we can expect another IL where the case is documentarily complete with NVC  since 2021.

I mean since I already have IL, and by requesting NVC to reschedule, will my case me put as a fresh case or still usually they put you in queue based on your date of actually being documentarily qualified?

Appreciate feedback if someone has been through similar situation recently.

Cheers and have a nice holiday season..

1 hour ago, SRA_WLS said:

Hi @appleblossom thanks for your feedback.

Well, I am not in any hurry, however, just am curious to know if someone have had rescheduled Interview in recent past in London embassy and in how much time we can expect another IL where the case is documentarily complete with NVC  since 2021.

I mean since I already have IL, and by requesting NVC to reschedule, will my case me put as a fresh case or still usually they put you in queue based on your date of actually being documentarily qualified?

Appreciate feedback if someone has been through similar situation recently.

Cheers and have a nice holiday season..

Luis M has rescheduled his interview in London. If you can find him, send a PM. He was in similar situations like you but different reasons. I will be having the same in January. Based on Luis experience, its okay and easy to reschedule. But only concern is whether ur PD will be current in following months. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.