OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

623 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

Ah ok thanks for confirming - so you can basically get everything ready to go so once your current you can have the interview and then green card in hand not long after that

Immigrant visa in hand a week or two after that. Green card 1-3 months after you've arrived in the US. 

Good luck, hope your PD becomes current at some point next year. 🤞

Hi All,

I got IL for 5th Jan, however, the police clearance certificate from UK would take time as they said they are no more processing those on premium basis but only standard which may take more than 30 days. Appreciate if someone has been in similar situation and whats advise, shall I request to defer my interview or I should attend and inform them of this being in process. Since, I moved my file from UAE, so UK certificate was not requested as the case has ben pending since 2021 in UAE.

But, I believe, its better to go with all required documents for immediate decision, any advice please, kind regards,

11 minutes ago, SRA_WLS said:

Hi All,

I got IL for 5th Jan, however, the police clearance certificate from UK would take time as they said they are no more processing those on premium basis but only standard which may take more than 30 days. Appreciate if someone has been in similar situation and whats advise, shall I request to defer my interview or I should attend and inform them of this being in process. Since, I moved my file from UAE, so UK certificate was not requested as the case has ben pending since 2021 in UAE.

But, I believe, its better to go with all required documents for immediate decision, any advice please, kind regards,

Although they give you long timeframe, usually you get in 10 working days. Same happened to me. Hope you get it soon

9 minutes ago, SRA_WLS said:

Thanks @snm2212, so inca, if its not received, can we request to reschedule even before a aday or two of the interview and also if you can please advise on Medical test, does that remain valid for certain period even if we have to reschedule our interview, thanks & regards

Your medical is valid for 6 months, and you must enter the US on your visa before that 6 months is up. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-faqs/medical-examination-2/

I wouldn't reschedule your interview personally, I'd go to it as planned and then you'll have to submit any missing documents afterwards - your decision will just be held until they are received. 

Edited by appleblossom

5 hours ago, dolibash said:

Does anyone know if I need a recent police certificate? I got mine back in March 2023, and applied with it to NVC. The VB got pushed in April, and I just became current in Jan VB. should I get an updated police certificate just in case?

Same applies to me 😂 I think you don’t need as interview will be over by Feb end with Visa. Police report is valid for 1 year from date of issue. As for me I will have to reschedule my interview. So i will need a new report, sadly

22 hours ago, snm2212 said:

Same applies to me 😂 I think you don’t need as interview will be over by Feb end with Visa. Police report is valid for 1 year from date of issue. As for me I will have to reschedule my interview. So i will need a new report, sadly

Why do you need to reschedule?

3 minutes ago, KevL said:

My PD becomes current for the Jan VB. DQ’ed in April 23, any idea when can I expect to receive IL? Anyone received IL?

I am in the same shoes. The trend says that we should receive it end of the month. But I am not getting my hopes up

7 minutes ago, dolibash said:

I am in the same shoes. The trend says that we should receive it end of the month. But I am not getting my hopes up

Considering VB and IL timing in london, i might get IL in Jan for interview around 3rd week of Feb. My wife’s due date is around mid Jan. I wont have passport ready by interview. And also according to luis, child need to be vaccinated which will be around 8 weeks after birth. So no choice than to reschedule. It takes time to add case in the system too. 

10 hours ago, dolibash said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Wondering if it is because of the Christmas season. Anyway, we’re almost there.🤞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.