OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

678 posts in this topic

Hi @DrOV

We are also in the middle of completing the form bur strangely the situation is other way around for us in that my husband (the main applicant) is asked to provide info on his education and 10 years of work history whereas I (the spouse) am only asked about my current employment. I am a bit worried that I somehow answered incorrectly to one of the previous questions…? 

2 hours ago, matchakat said:

Hi @DrOV

We are also in the middle of completing the form bur strangely the situation is other way around for us in that my husband (the main applicant) is asked to provide info on his education and 10 years of work history whereas I (the spouse) am only asked about my current employment. I am a bit worried that I somehow answered incorrectly to one of the previous questions…? 

Hello. Could it be that it is peculiar to females? Although I have submitted like that, I hope that if there is an issue, I will be contacted. 

I asked a similar question on other platforms, and three people confirmed to me that they also had the same issue and the form was submitted like that. These individuals also stated that they are currently Dd'ed. 

Hi All,

Appreciate if someone can advise based on their experience of EB-3 Visa journey from United Kingdom. My case is DQ since July 2021 and is in queue awaiting IL since than but linked to US Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as I was based there at that point in time. 

Now, since beginning 2022, I moved to the UK and noticed based on various comments here that IL waiting time is about few months in London Embassy for EB-3 and similar US visas. Appreciate if someone can advise on whether I should request NVC to transfer my case from UAE to the London Embassy, if this can expedite the process because its more than 2 years and its still in queue and simply get letter every 60 days from NVC that your case is DQ and awaiting news from US embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Appreciate your kind feedback.  

47 minutes ago, SRA_WLS said:

Hi All,

Appreciate if someone can advise based on their experience of EB-3 Visa journey from United Kingdom. My case is DQ since July 2021 and is in queue awaiting IL since than but linked to US Embassy in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates as I was based there at that point in time. 

Now, since beginning 2022, I moved to the UK and noticed based on various comments here that IL waiting time is about few months in London Embassy for EB-3 and similar US visas. Appreciate if someone can advise on whether I should request NVC to transfer my case from UAE to the London Embassy, if this can expedite the process because its more than 2 years and its still in queue and simply get letter every 60 days from NVC that your case is DQ and awaiting news from US embassy in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Appreciate your kind feedback.  

I have notice that US London embassy in one of the mosf efficient US embassies worldwide. Please move your file immediately. I think you should receive IL in 6 months or less if you are current. Best wishes

6 hours ago, mgsctravels said:

Do we know if the London embassy would accept a transfer from a case where the individual is not a resident or born? I live in Canada and the backlog is really bad.

Is it even worth asking?

Even UK citizens who’ve tried to transfer have been refused. 

It might be worth trying another consulate but London is very strict on ‘consulate shopping’. Are you Canadian born or do you have any ties to another country? 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

Even UK citizens who’ve tried to transfer have been refused. 

It might be worth trying another consulate but London is very strict on ‘consulate shopping’. Are you Canadian born or do you have any ties to another country? 

I was born in Hong Kong but that’s it. 

1 hour ago, mgsctravels said:

I was born in Hong Kong but that’s it. 

Does the consulate in HK do immigrant visas? And is it quicker than Canada? If so that may be worth a try. 

12 hours ago, mgsctravels said:

Do we know if the London embassy would accept a transfer from a case where the individual is not a resident or born? I live in Canada and the backlog is really bad.

Is it even worth asking?

I can help with this one! I transferred my case from Montreal to the UK successfully. I had proof of citizenship (my UK passport) and I told them I had a residence in the UK (my mom's place) and provided that address. My transfer was approved Aug 30 and I received an interview letter on Oct 4th for a Nov 3rd interview. 

My interview was Friday morning and I was approved! Yay! I was wondering, for those who've come before me: how long did it take for your status to update on the website? Right now, the portal that I registered my interview on still says "Status: Appointment" and the ceac.gov site says "Ready" when I check my visa status. I was wondering if this this normal? Will it change soon? Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, Ali1999 said:

I can help with this one! I transferred my case from Montreal to the UK successfully. I had proof of citizenship (my UK passport) and I told them I had a residence in the UK (my mom's place) and provided that address. My transfer was approved Aug 30 and I received an interview letter on Oct 4th for a Nov 3rd interview. 

mgsctravels isn't a citizen though. 

2 minutes ago, Ali1999 said:

My interview was Friday morning and I was approved! Yay! I was wondering, for those who've come before me: how long did it take for your status to update on the website? Right now, the portal that I registered my interview on still says "Status: Appointment" and the ceac.gov site says "Ready" when I check my visa status. I was wondering if this this normal? Will it change soon? Thanks! 

If you look at my previous posts you'll see mine, IIRC my status changed to 'issued' the afternoon of our interview, but I think that was much quicker than usual. We had our interview on a Monday afternoon and had our passports back Thursday. 

26 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

mgsctravels isn't a citizen though. 

If you look at my previous posts you'll see mine, IIRC my status changed to 'issued' the afternoon of our interview, but I think that was much quicker than usual. We had our interview on a Monday afternoon and had our passports back Thursday. 

Ok, good to know. Thank you!

Hi Ali999, 

Appreciate if you can please advise, how do we need to approach US embassy in London to request for transfer of case. As I checked, its only an online enquiry form available to contact them for immigration visas. But, how do we share our proof of residency etc and other documents with them, enabling Embassy to approve our request.

Did you requested through same online form or there is some other way we can contact them and send our request?

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.