OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

649 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Fingers crossed for you! EB2-NIW here. PD June 2021. DQ end of October 2023. Last week, I asked for a transfer to London (from Paris) as the Paris Embassy is particularly slow this year (and closing for the Olympics). I am a UK resident. I'm also hoping to get an IL soon! 

Edited by NYCHello

On 6/26/2024 at 1:27 PM, NYCHello said:

Fingers crossed for you! EB2-NIW here. PD June 2021. DQ end of October 2023. Last week, I asked for a transfer to London (from Paris) as the Paris Embassy is particularly slow this year (and closing for the Olympics). I am a UK resident. I'm also hoping to get an IL soon! 

It would appear I have missed out on June IL, hoping to get one in July. Does anyone know when they go out? It seems to be different every month from what I can gather on this thread going back. Please let me know if you get an IL @NYCHello.

2 hours ago, PACMAN82 said:

It would appear I have missed out on June IL, hoping to get one in July. Does anyone know when they go out? It seems to be different every month from what I can gather on this thread going back. Please let me know if you get an IL @NYCHello.

It is different every month, no way of knowing. They'd been following a pattern of the end of every month when I was waiting for mine, then I got mine much earlier. Just keep an eye on your emails, and junk folder too. 

Good luck. 

On 7/10/2024 at 3:17 PM, Lan22 said:

No worries, just read back on the thread about your transfer. Will let you know if I get an IL! DQ date was May 20th for me

I'll let you know when I get an IL too... I had my case change approved on 13th May plus DQ April 2023. Here's hoping we get one this month.

Timeline

@appleblossom do you know if transfers usually take longer to get an interview? My PD is June 2021 - DQ end of October 2023. I transferred my case to London at the end of June (the transfer was approved). I am wondering if I should file another (nonimmigrant) visa out of precaution if I need to be in the US on October 1st to start a new job. Thanks a lot in advance!

8 hours ago, NYCHello said:

@appleblossom do you know if transfers usually take longer to get an interview? My PD is June 2021 - DQ end of October 2023. I transferred my case to London at the end of June (the transfer was approved). I am wondering if I should file another (nonimmigrant) visa out of precaution if I need to be in the US on October 1st to start a new job. Thanks a lot in advance!

What non-immigrant visa would you file for? 

2 hours ago, NYCHello said:

@appleblossomO1, premium processing, I don't need an interview (likely) as I already had a nonimmigrant visa over the last four years. 

Then personally I’d do it. We got our O visas in less than 3 weeks last year. It would be worth doing as back up if you can. 

Timeline

Thank you @appleblossom I may do that.

Do you know if transfers are treated the same in London in terms of the timeline (My PD is June 2021 - DQ is the end of October 2023. I transferred my case to London at the end of June (the transfer was approved) ? I was hoping to get an interview very soon.

4 hours ago, NYCHello said:

Thank you @appleblossom I may do that.

Do you know if transfers are treated the same in London in terms of the timeline (My PD is June 2021 - DQ is the end of October 2023. I transferred my case to London at the end of June (the transfer was approved) ? I was hoping to get an interview very soon.

They are treated the same once they get there, but that can take a while for that to happen so it probably isn’t there yet. What does your status say? 

3 hours ago, NYCHello said:

@appleblossomto get where? To the London Embassy? I thought the NVC gave the list of applicants who should get an interview with the Embassy based on the PD + DQ date. Our transfer was approved at the end of June.

My status is as follows (attachment): London case number/ at the NVC/ Foreign state of changeability: France.

I am a French citizen, so that would make sense.

Should I contact the NVC? When you mean a 'while,' how long is it typically?

Please remove your case number from the forum!

No need to contact NVC, they’l be on it. 

What does it say on the case status website page? It probably says ‘at NVC’, same as in the screenshot above, but if it says ‘ready’ or ‘in transit’ then you know your IL is imminent. https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

If your transfer was only approved at the end of June then I’d guess maybe August you’ll get an IL, for an Oct date. Just bear in mind things do slow down in the summer, but hopefully it won’t be too long. 

Good luck. 

Edited by appleblossom

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.