OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

678 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Luis M said:

USCIS said a few months ago that VB would be renewed quarterly, hence whay it hasn't changed much. JAN vB should bring forward dates I think at least to Jan or March 2023

I really hope so. There are quarterly limits as always, otherwise all visas would be allocated too quickly.

There have been a few articles about the EB visa backlog getting worse in the future and the reasons for it, here’s one that another forum member posted a while back - https://immigration.net/2023/06/15/the-coming-apocalypse-for-employment-based-immigrantswhat-the-current-backlog-in-perm-labor-certifications-dol-prevailing-wage-requests-and-pending-and-approved-i-140s-means-for-future-visa-b/

Edited by appleblossom

5 hours ago, Luis M said:

USCIS said a few months ago that VB would be renewed quarterly, hence whay it hasn't changed much. JAN vB should bring forward dates I think at least to Jan or March 2023

Dates moving up to Jan or March 2023 is Jan 2023 VB is quite ambitious to me even though I will love it to move that far, but anyways, fingers crossed.

23 hours ago, Luis M said:

I really hope so. I dunno why I paid for premium Processing when ultimately I am stuck waiting for my PD to.appear on a VB...sad...

On a side note can somebody help me understand how I can make more than a few posts a day??!

On 11/29/2023 at 8:03 PM, appleblossom said:

Yes, a huge difference. If you were from India then you'd have to add a decade to that time as their PD on the VB is 2012.

And even if you're comparing it to others in the ROW category then it's still potentially as much as 2 years difference! London is one of the quickest consulates, only 2-3 months from being DQ'ed to an interview (if current). Other consulates have huge backlogs and people are waiting 2 years or so for an interview letter even if their PD is current. 

Yep, it's retrogressed, just means there is much more demand for visas than there are visas available so they've had to slow it down. 

Thanks you've been super helpful. It's just so annoying having to wait. I am a plonker for paying premium Processing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
23 minutes ago, sys187 said:

I really hope so. I dunno why I paid for premium Processing when ultimately I am stuck waiting for my PD to.appear on a VB...sad...

On a side note can somebody help me understand how I can make more than a few posts a day??!

I take it you have not paid for Platinum?

I forget how many posts you have to make but initially you are throttled as a way of restricting the spammers?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

53 minutes ago, sys187 said:

Thanks you've been super helpful. It's just so annoying having to wait. I am a plonker for paying premium Processing.

Well, without PP it could have taken a year to get approval, and you never know, maybe in spring your PD will be current. So perhaps it will turn out to have been a wise decision after all!

On 11/30/2023 at 11:42 PM, appleblossom said:

Well, without PP it could have taken a year to get approval, and you never know, maybe in spring your PD will be current. So perhaps it will turn out to have been a wise decision after all!

Yes great point! Fingers crossed!

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before but i cannot seem to find an answer. My EB2 NIW has been approved and NVC have sent through the welcome letter with the details for payment/documents required. Im a little confused about the timeline for submission/when to be DQ/when to be interviewed by the consulate. I understand there is a backlog, my PD is 2nd October 2023 ROW, who knows when ill be in front of the queue but thats not quite a concern for me at the moment. I dont quite understand the process now my EB2 has been approved, do i need to wait until im eligible to file to submit the DS260? Or can i do this now, become DQ, have the interview at the consulate and then wait until my PD is current? Thanks for your help, Lauren

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Hi all, sorry if this has been asked before but i cannot seem to find an answer. My EB2 NIW has been approved and NVC have sent through the welcome letter with the details for payment/documents required. Im a little confused about the timeline for submission/when to be DQ/when to be interviewed by the consulate. I understand there is a backlog, my PD is 2nd October 2023 ROW, who knows when ill be in front of the queue but thats not quite a concern for me at the moment. I dont quite understand the process now my EB2 has been approved, do i need to wait until im eligible to file to submit the DS260? Or can i do this now, become DQ, have the interview at the consulate and then wait until my PD is current? Thanks for your help, Lauren

I'm surprised you've been sent the Welcome Letter, as you're not eligible to file yet (current date on Table B of the Visa Bulletin is January 2023, so only applications with PD's earlier than this are supposed to be able to file). What happens when you log in, will it let you pay the fees or is that all greyed out?

Normally, once your PD is current on Table B (dates for filing) on the VB, you can do everything except the interview. So pay your fees, submit your docs and your DS-260. 

But then once you're DQ'ed, your application will be held until your PD is current on Table A of the Visa Bulletin, and only then will you be added to the queue for an interview.

HTH, best of luck. 

Thanks appleblossom for your help!

When i login it will allow me to pay the fees (havent done this yet) but the application section is greyed out

Thanks for confirming the timeline details, think thats where my confusion is coming in because everything iv read tells me its too early but then i have received the letter so wasnt sure what was going on and if i was missing something in the application process timeline

Edited by LMaxwell

31 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Thanks appleblossom for your help!

When i login it will allow me to pay the fees (havent done this yet) but the application section is greyed out

Thanks for confirming the timeline details, think thats where my confusion is coming in because everything iv read tells me its too early but then i have received the letter so wasnt sure what was going on and if i was missing something in the application process timeline

Ah, ok. So basically they'll happily take your money but that's it. 😂

Once your PD is current on Table B then everything else should open up for your on CEAC and you can get started. Then it's just a case of waiting until your PD is current on Table A to actually get the visa.

Good luck.

7 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Once your PD is current on Table B then everything else should open up for your on CEAC and you can get started. Then it's just a case of waiting until your PD is current on Table A to actually get the visa.

Good luck.

Hello all. Not 100% sure if I am getting the narrative here. This is what I believe the procedure looks like using myself as a case study 😊. I got approval in Sept 2023 and a welcome letter in October 2023.  April 2023. I was able to make payment and also filled out the DS260 form. Documents sent, waiting for Dq. I believe that after document Qd, the waiting to be in the queue for an interview begins. That means all other processes can be done except the interview. 

Just now, DrOV said:

Hello all. Not 100% sure if I am getting the narrative here. This is what I believe the procedure looks like using myself as a case study 😊. I got approval in Sept 2023 and a welcome letter in October 2023.  PD April 2023. I was able to make payment and also filled out the DS260 form. Documents sent, waiting for Dq. I believe that after document Qd, the waiting to be in the queue for an interview begins. That means all other processes can be done except the interview. 

PD April 2023 so to type. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, DrOV said:

PD April 2023 so to type. 

2nd 15JUL22

So you are waiting.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

22 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Haha seems to be the case!! 

22 hours ago, DRO said:

I was able to make payment and also filled out the DS260 form. Documents sent, waiting for Dq. I believe that after document Qd, the waiting to be in the queue for an interview begins. That means all other processes can be done except the interview. 

Ah ok thanks for confirming - so you can basically get everything ready to go so once your current you can have the interview and then green card in hand not long after that

Thanks all for your help!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.