OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

678 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SRA_WLS said:

Hi Ali999, 

Appreciate if you can please advise, how do we need to approach US embassy in London to request for transfer of case. As I checked, its only an online enquiry form available to contact them for immigration visas. But, how do we share our proof of residency etc and other documents with them, enabling Embassy to approve our request.

Did you requested through same online form or there is some other way we can contact them and send our request?

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Hi @SRA_WLS,

Yup, you use that online NVC inquiry form. In the message say where you case is currently (Abu Dabi it seems in your case) and where you would like to be transferred to (London) and why (say that there's a big backlog at Abu Dhabi), and why you think you're eligible (you have residence, are a citizen etc). At the bottom, you'll see there's a spot where you can upload files. Upload copies of your documents.

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, sys187 said:

Hi new here

PD 12-Jun-23

DQ 29-Nov-23

Based on latest visa bulletin guess I'm gonna be waiting a long time for IL.

Thoughts?

Thanks 

Hi, and welcome. 

Which country?

Sorry if this has been asked before...

I wanted to understand the 'Current' status better. I applied for EB2 NIW. Has E2 ever been Current? With my PD jun-23 I'm guessing I have another year to wait until a IL! 

3 minutes ago, sys187 said:

I wanted to understand the 'Current' status better. I applied for EB2 NIW. Has E2 ever been Current? With my PD jun-23 I'm guessing I have another year to wait until a IL! 

Your PD should be < than what ever in the final action dates visa bullitin for your category 

15 minutes ago, sys187 said:

UK

Ah, perfect, that's good - one of the quickest consulates and quickest area too.

14 minutes ago, sys187 said:

Although your PD is approx a year earlier than the current date on the Visa Bulletin, that doesn't mean it will move forward at the same rate. For example, in September's VB the date was 1st July 2022, it then moved in the October bulletin but only by a week - so the VB moved a month but the PD didn't. Ditto in November, it moved forward by about a week, and then hasn't changed at all in December. So in 4 months it's moved 15 days, hence you can't assume that it will go forward a year in a year. 

I'm afraid it's likely to take longer if it carries on at the same rate, but then sometimes it does do big jumps in a month - so who knows! Predictions for EB visas are that they will take longer as time goes on (you can look up the stats for people in the queue and how that increases, if interested), so I'd be prepared for that just in case. 

Best of luck. 

22 minutes ago, dolibash said:

I am Jul 22 - 2022, been waiting for 10 months now :)

Nearly there though! Hopefully not too much longer, I hope you get a lovely Christmas present with a big jump in January's VB. 

9 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Ah, perfect, that's good - one of the quickest consulates and quickest area too.

Although your PD is approx a year earlier than the current date on the Visa Bulletin, that doesn't mean it will move forward at the same rate. For example, in September's VB the date was 1st July 2022, it then moved in the October bulletin but only by a week - so the VB moved a month but the PD didn't. Ditto in November, it moved forward by about a week, and then hasn't changed at all in December. So in 4 months it's moved 15 days, hence you can't assume that it will go forward a year in a year. 

I'm afraid it's likely to take longer if it carries on at the same rate, but then sometimes it does do big jumps in a month - so who knows! Predictions for EB visas are that they will take longer as time goes on (you can look up the stats for people in the queue and how that increases, if interested), so I'd be prepared for that just in case. 

Best of luck. 

Nearly there though! Hopefully not too much longer, I hope you get a lovely Christmas present with a big jump in January's VB. 

Thanks. It's weird because I saw eb3 in Feb23 as current. But in Dec23 VB the date is dec2021. How the heck does that happen.

Edited by sys187

10 minutes ago, sys187 said:

Does that actually make any difference if you're ultimately at the mercy of a monthly VB?

Yes, a huge difference. If you were from India then you'd have to add a decade to that time as their PD on the VB is 2012.

And even if you're comparing it to others in the ROW category then it's still potentially as much as 2 years difference! London is one of the quickest consulates, only 2-3 months from being DQ'ed to an interview (if current). Other consulates have huge backlogs and people are waiting 2 years or so for an interview letter even if their PD is current. 

13 minutes ago, sys187 said:

Thanks. It's weird because I saw eb3 in Feb23 as current. But in Dec23 VB the date is dec2021. How the heck does that happen.

Yep, it's retrogressed, just means there is much more demand for visas than there are visas available so they've had to slow it down. 

Edited by appleblossom

2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Yes, a huge difference. If you were from India then you'd have to add a decade to that time as their PD on the VB is 2012.

And even if you're comparing it to others in the ROW category then it's still potentially as much as 2 years difference! London is one of the quickest consulates, only 2-3 months from being DQ'ed to an interview (if current). Other consulates have huge backlogs and people are waiting 2 years or so for an interview letter even if their PD is current. 

Yep, it's retrogressed, just means there is much more demand for visas than there are visas available so they've had to slow it down. 

USCIS said a few months ago that VB would be renewed quarterly, hence whay it hasn't changed much. JAN vB should bring forward dates I think at least to Jan or March 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.