OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

678 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2023 at 11:42 AM, OnPoint said:

Congrats!! Your journey is over finally. Hopefully, I will receive my one this week. 

3 green cards received in today's mail. My daughter's seems to have been forgotten about (same thing happened with her SSN, the rest of us received them and she didn't, we waited several weeks and had to go to an office to sort it), as she's not had any tracking number etc. So will give it a week or so and see if it turns up, if not I'll contact them. They seem to have her missed off our application since landing somehow!

9 hours ago, appleblossom said:

3 green cards received in today's mail. My daughter's seems to have been forgotten about (same thing happened with her SSN, the rest of us received them and she didn't, we waited several weeks and had to go to an office to sort it), as she's not had any tracking number etc. So will give it a week or so and see if it turns up, if not I'll contact them. They seem to have her missed off our application since landing somehow!

Congrats and sorry to hear that your daughter's card didn't arrive, I'm sure it will turn up as soon as she enters the country. I have also got a new update that says my card was mailed and was picked up by US postal service. 

4 hours ago, OnPoint said:

Congrats and sorry to hear that your daughter's card didn't arrive, I'm sure it will turn up as soon as she enters the country. I have also got a new update that says my card was mailed and was picked up by US postal service. 

We all entered together! Same with the SSN’s, 3 turned up but hers didn’t, it seems as though somehow her entering didn’t trigger the usual process. It’s fine as she’s used her I-551 for her job, bank account, driving licence, but if it doesn’t arrive soon I’ll contact USCIS. 

Congrats on yours being despatched, hopefully you’ll have them in the next couple of days. 

Just now, appleblossom said:

We all entered together! Same with the SSN’s, 3 turned up but hers didn’t, it seems as though somehow her entering didn’t trigger the usual process. It’s fine as she’s used her I-551 for her job, bank account, driving licence, but if it doesn’t arrive soon I’ll contact USCIS. 

Congrats on yours being despatched, hopefully you’ll have them in the next couple of days. 

Congrats for both of you. Stories like yours make us see the light at the end of the tunnel

21 minutes ago, anannabanana said:

do you guys know if we can travel outside of US and reenter on  I-551, before the card arrives?:)

Yes, it's just a temporary green card essentially so you can do everything you'd do on the physical green card.

On 9/21/2023 at 6:26 AM, appleblossom said:

Yes, it's just a temporary green card essentially so you can do everything you'd do on the physical green card.

My wife, two children, and I finally received our green cards today and our immigration journey has concluded. I started this discussion back in March and am pleased to see that it has been of great assistance to many. Keep persevering, everyone, and best of luck to you all!

28 minutes ago, OnPoint said:

My wife, two children, and I finally received our green cards today and our immigration journey has concluded. I started this discussion back in March and am pleased to see that it has been of great assistance to many. Keep persevering, everyone, and best of luck to you all!

Congrats! Concluded unless you decide to apply for citizenship in 2028….and then that’s another application to go through. Best to enjoy the green cards for now and not think about that yet though. 😂

Hello house. Thank you all for contributing to this thread. I just got my 1-140 approval, we are based in the UK. I am just wondering how long it will take approximately to get to the interview stage. Again, thank you all. 

4 minutes ago, DrOV said:

Hello house. Thank you all for contributing to this thread. I just got my 1-140 approval, we are based in the UK. I am just wondering how long it will take approximately to get to the interview stage. Again, thank you all. 

Hi, welcome and congrats. Approximately 4-6 months as a very rough guide, depends on how quickly you submit docs, pay the fees etc. 

But that is assuming your PD is current? If not, then it'll be longer. 

3 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Hi, welcome and congrats. Approximately 4-6 months as a very rough guide, depending on how quickly you submit the fees etc. 

But that is assuming your PD is current. If not, then it'll be longer. 

Thank you for this. I am not sure anything about us is current at the moment. The approval just came about 2 weeks ago, yet to receive any message from NVC. We have all the documents down except the UK police report. Again, we are Nigerians, which I believe might be a factor regarding the processing (irrespective of the country of residence, right?). Anyway, I still have some salience questions which I will be popping in as we progress. Many thanks. 

27 minutes ago, DrOV said:

Thank you for this. I am not sure anything about us is current at the moment. The approval just came about 2 weeks ago, yet to receive any message from NVC. We have all the documents down except the UK police report. Again, we are Nigerians, which I believe might be a factor regarding the processing (irrespective of the country of residence, right?). Anyway, I still have some salience questions which I will be popping in as we progress. Many thanks. 

Your Priority Date is the key date - it’ll be on your I-797 (receipt notice). It’s essentially when your I-140 was filed and accepted. The date on the current Visa Bulletin for EB-2 is 1st July 2022, so is your Priority Date before that? 

Unfortunately, being Nigerian may add extra processing time, but hope it all goes smoothly for you. 

Edited by appleblossom

2 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Your Priority Date is the key date - it’ll be on your I-797 (receipt notice). It’s essentially when your I-140 was filed and accepted. 

Unfortunately, being Nigerian may add extra processing time, but hope it all goes smoothly for you. 

I really appreciate this prompt response. On the 1-140 petition, the priority date is 28 April 2023.

Just now, DrOV said:

I really appreciate this prompt response. On the 1-140 petition, the priority date is 28 April 2023.

Ah. The 4-6 month timescale won’t apply so ignore my response above completely!

You’ll be contacted and asked to submit documents etc to NVC once Table B reaches your date - https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-september-2023.html

No interview will be scheduled until your PD is current (which is Table A). All you can do is keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin (released monthly) and see when it gets to your date.  

Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.