OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

616 posts in this topic

On 9/2/2023 at 8:58 AM, dolibash said:

Congrats @CMingo @Luis M @starnsy

Do you mind sharing what was your PD?

Sorry for my late reply. My PD was Dec 20, 2019.

On 9/2/2023 at 7:48 PM, Ali1999 said:

Congrats!!!  @CMingo @starnsy @Luis M 

May I ask when you were Documentarily Qualified? Thanks! 

My DQ was July 26

On 9/3/2023 at 1:37 PM, appleblossom said:

You can, but just bear in mind you only get 6 months from the medical to use the visa, so it would only give you 3 months ish to move once the visa is in hand. Less if there was a problem at the interview i.e. A missing document you had to send it afterwards. 

I booked my interview before I had my IL, as we only had one possible week we could have it done in. And we planned to leave straight after getting our visas anyway. 

Re: the medical care summary, you should be able to download it instantly via the NHS website if you’ve registered for that, rather than waiting for a GP practice to send it. 

Good luck. 

Hi @appleblossom, hope you have settled in well in Boston. I have heard that it usually takes around three weeks to receive the official green card in the mail after entering the US, may I ask if this is the case for you? 

2 hours ago, starnsy said:

Hi @appleblossom, hope you have settled in well in Boston. I have heard that it usually takes around three weeks to receive the official green card in the mail after entering the US, may I ask if this is the case for you? 

I think 3 weeks is very optimistic, seems to take much longer for most. Ours certainly haven’t arrived yet and the status doesn’t even say they’ve been produced. But it’s really not needed, our I-551’s have been accepted as proof of permanent residency status for everything, so as long as they turn up at some point before next July then it’s all good. 

I’ll try and remember to let you know when they do arrive. 😊

21 hours ago, appleblossom said:

I think 3 weeks is very optimistic, seems to take much longer for most. Ours certainly haven’t arrived yet and the status doesn’t even say they’ve been produced. But it’s really not needed, our I-551’s have been accepted as proof of permanent residency status for everything, so as long as they turn up at some point before next July then it’s all good. 

I’ll try and remember to let you know when they do arrive. 😊

Oic thank you so much for your information, @appleblossom 😁

On 9/6/2023 at 5:02 AM, starnsy said:

Oic thank you so much for your information, @appleblossom 😁

Update: cards being produced as of 9th Sept, so exactly 6 weeks after entering the US. Hopefully GC's will be delivered this week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

When you think of the number of applications not that surprising.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 9/15/2023 at 8:37 PM, dolibash said:

Are they Joking guys? They literally advanced it just for one week!!! A whole new FY and just one week!

my PD is Jul22 2022 and I have been waiting since the push back in April. I gave up at this point 

Hang in there, next month for sure

On 9/15/2023 at 8:49 PM, Boiler said:

When you think of the number of applications not that surprising.

Has really nothing to do with that, is just the workload. It will improve significantly in the next 3 months, but doubt ot will be Current.

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Luis M said:

Has really nothing to do with that, is just the workload. It will improve significantly in the next 3 months, but doubt ot will be Current.

I never used to see EB2 NIW, well maybe one a year.

Now seems everyone is having a go and why not, I am not sure if they have changed how they interpret the requirements or people did not realise NIW does not mean what you think it might.

Lawyers offering money back guarantees no doubts help.

So follows that demand has increased, numbers available has remained constant, PD regresses.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Boiler said:

Now seems everyone is having a go and why not, I am not sure if they have changed how they interpret the requirements or people did not realise NIW does not mean what you think it might.

So follows that demand has increased, numbers available has remained constant, PD regresses.

@Mike E predicts that all EB categories will have increased demand and therefore much longer wait times going forward. I'm hoping for every EB applicant's sake that he's wrong (sorry Mike!). 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
11 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

@Mike E predicts that all EB categories will have increased demand and therefore much longer wait times going forward. I'm hoping for every EB applicant's sake that he's wrong (sorry Mike!).

I hope I am wrong too. These workers are valuable contributors to the U.S. econony. 

11 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Math has a cold logic.

We will be seeing nurses with advanced degrees seeking EB-2. And my understanding is nurses are not subject to PERM. Even if PAs and NPs are subject to PERM today, that will not last.

The only thing that  surprises me in the October 2023 visa bulletin is USCIS switching to the date of filing chart for EB I-485s. And yet this switch reinforces my  assessment of the new reality.

Edited by Mike E

Timeline

Nurses used to have their own thing, that went away a long time ago. I suppose they could bring it back.

I actually know someone who came on a H1b, but that is pretty rare. She is a Matron. Well was then. I do not remember if she went EB2 or 3, I doubt it mattered then.

Nurses do not have to do PERM.

It is all a numbers game really, just look at the number of H1b cap applicants, I think I can remember when it was not a lottery, or at least one with very good odds. As you see options become impractical then inevitably there is a cascade effect into other categories. H1b became a pathway to immigrate, what do you expect?

16 hours ago, Boiler said:

Yes they did change the interpretation of the Nationa iinterest since 2016 (court ruling), this made a huge difference on what National Interest could mean.

I think applications 3x or 4x since then, so you are right there are a lot more submissions, the delays outside of India and China are mainly due to the USCIS and NVC processing time (covid backlog impacted specially in 2023, noticed they processed a lot more EB2 visas in 2022 (they had more GC available to give) but 2023 is back to pre covid # of visas + lots of people with PD (RoW) from 2020 and even more so in late 2022 and 2023.

I.e. EB2 NIW in London have only risen 150% since 2016, 2021 and 22 delays were mainly covid backlog, since Niv of 2022 timings went almost back to normal (stage 2 ).

Anyone with a EB2 NIW in the London embassy in which their PD becomes current will get an interview for the following  month, Max 2 if DQ of course.  Thing might change slightly  from Apr 23 PDs as there were a significant number of people submitting after this date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.