OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

618 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, starnsy said:

Yep, my PD is current (Dec 20, 2019). My attorney got my NVC welcome letter on Feb 2022, however they didn't bother to notify me until half year later. Sigh! What a chaos! 

In my case, since my PD is current, do you think that I will get an interview from London Embassy very soon once I get the DQ? Don't know what is the waiting time currently.

Feb 2022?!? Oh good grief, that's appalling. You could have had your visa a year ago! I'd definitely be making a formal complaint, and tbh I'd just deal with everything yourself from here on in if they're that inept.

It's about 3 months from DQ date to interview date via London at the moment for EB1 and CR1, don't know about EB3 but I'd assume it's similar. It's been just a few days short of 3 months for me (my interview is next Monday). So if you're DQ'ed in August then hopefully your interview will be around November time as a rough guide.

Edited by appleblossom

15 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Feb 2022?!? Oh good grief, that's appalling. You could have had your visa a year ago! I'd definitely be making a formal complaint, and tbh I'd just deal with everything yourself from here on in if they're that inept.

It's about 3 months from DQ date to interview date via London at the moment for EB1 and CR1, don't know about EB3 but I'd assume it's similar. It's been just a few days short of 3 months for me (my interview is next Monday). So if you're DQ'ed in August then hopefully your interview will be around November time as a rough guide.

Oic, let me get the document ready to mail out asap. Hey @appleblossom, thank you so much for your help and good luck with your interview next Monday! 😁

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This morning, I just got DQ and received a letter saying NVC will work with the US embassy in London to schedule an interview appointment.

Just wondering how long it took you guys to receive an appointment confirmation and the interview was how many weeks later after receiving the confirmation?

I didn't expect my application to get DQ so quickly, so our family already booked the summer holiday. We will be away from the Mid of August to Sep, so I'm just hoping the interview date won't crash our holiday.

1 hour ago, starnsy said:

Hi,

This morning, I just got DQ and received a letter saying NVC will work with the US embassy in London to schedule an interview appointment.

Just wondering how long it took you guys to receive an appointment confirmation and the interview was how many weeks later after receiving the confirmation?

I didn't expect my application to get DQ so quickly, so our family already booked the summer holiday. We will be away from the Mid of August to Sep, so I'm just hoping the interview date won't crash our holiday.

If you scroll up you'll find lots of timescales, but if you were DQ'ed today I'd expect you to receive an IL in August's batch (they're usually only sent out once a month), for an interview in October, as a very rough guide. It certainly won't be in a months time so enjoy your holiday and good luck.

1 hour ago, appleblossom said:

If you scroll up you'll find lots of timescales, but if you were DQ'ed today I'd expect you to receive an IL in August's batch (they're usually only sent out once a month), for an interview in October, as a very rough guide. It certainly won't be in a months time so enjoy your holiday and good luck.

Thanks again, @appleblossom That's a relief! How was your interview last week? Hope your interview went well 😁

6 minutes ago, starnsy said:

Thanks again, @appleblossom That's a relief! How was your interview last week? Hope your interview went well 😁

Thank you. It was a lot of waiting around, but the actual interview itself was incredibly quick and easy - only two questions. We had our passports back last Thursday so only 4 days after the interview, and we leave for Boston on Saturday. 😁🇺🇸

40 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Thank you. It was a lot of waiting around, but the actual interview itself was incredibly quick and easy - only two questions. We had our passports back last Thursday so only 4 days after the interview, and we leave for Boston on Saturday. 😁🇺🇸

Congrats, @appleblossom! Wow, that was really quick for you! Good luck with your move! 😁

Congratulations @appleblossom and best of luck! Thank you so much for being active on the forums. you've been so much help.

Has anyone received an IL this month? or are we still waiting for this month's batch?

On 7/27/2023 at 12:14 PM, Eren said:

Congratulations @appleblossom and best of luck! Thank you so much for being active on the forums. you've been so much help.

Has anyone received an IL this month? or are we still waiting for this month's batch?

Looks like this month's batch went out today from the CR1 thread, hope we have some EB applicants with them!

2 hours ago, appleblossom said:

Looks like this month's batch went out today from the CR1 thread, hope we have some EB applicants with them!

Yes, I noticed some ILs coming out today! Unfortunately my PD is not current yet, fingers crossed to be current by September...

Hey @appleblossom, thanks a lot for all your inputs to this forum! All your comments are really helpful! And good luck with your move to the US!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

No IL for us as yet, DQ was 29th June, so I was sort of hoping it would be end of July but is it likely we will now potentially be end of August, if the batch has already gone out?

We are EB. EW (Other Workers) class.

Priority date is current.

3 hours ago, Stuart Mac said:

Ignore last message - IL letter arrived today, for mid September interview!

I got mine also. end of September.

Edited by Eren

12 hours ago, Eren said:

I got mine also. end of September.

Great news and congratulations @Eren

Since your PD became current this month, thus not many people EB2 with earlier PD.

Which means, IL within 2-4 weeks after PD becomes current and Interview 6-8 weeks from IL.💯👏👍🏻

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi folks,

We are just about to depart for our medical, and then have our appointment at the London Embassy in a few weeks time. We are a family of 5 and I am just wondering if anyone has any advice in terms of 1) where we would be able to store some of our belongings prior to the interview 2) if a stroller/pram/buggy is permitted inside the embassy (our youngest daughter is 18 months old) - this can fold up if need be) 3) if anyone has any feedback on EB interview questions etc

Many thanks, and good luck to you all on your journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.