OnPoint

EB2-NIW Waiting for Interview Letter in London 2023

678 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, CMingo said:

Hi all, have you seen the upcoming Visa Bulletin for May? There was further retrogression for EB-2 rest of the world. My PD is not current anymore...

image.thumb.png.65050490e044b8890d8fb525c5202b99.png

Ugh, I'm really sorry. Hope you don't have too long to wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is a numbers game, the number that can be issued has not changed. 

EB2 NIW used to be very rare, I seem to see them all the time now so inevitably the PD will suffer

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

8 hours ago, Boiler said:

It is a numbers game, the number that can be issued has not changed. 

EB2 NIW used to be very rare, I seem to see them all the time now so inevitably the PD will suffer

NIW is a sub category from EB2. And EB2 is the common category for employers to give to employees. I think AOS peaked in the US during the layoffs and previous two quartets in the US, everyone resulted to EB2 in order not to leave 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My recollection is that NIWs were rare beasts until a few years ago, now they seem very common.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Can someone on the thread who has already had their NIW CP interview share their experience? Would be great to learn from their experience. I am waiting to submit docs. My PD is still current with the May bulletin. Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 3:05 PM, CMingo said:

Hi @OnPoint, everyone in this group is anxious for any update from you! 😬

Also, do you mind telling your priority date?

Hey @OnPoint @Luis M @CMingo,

Do you guys have any news about your IL?

I got my DQ on 28/03/2023 and still waiting for the IL.

My PD is 08-2021

All the best

8 minutes ago, TVac said:

My PD is 08-2021

All the best

@Luis M and @CMingo's PD's aren't current IIRC, so they won't have any IL yet unfortunately. I'm hoping that @OnPoint updates us all soon. 

Last lot of London IL's went out right at the end of March, so hopefully in a day or two there should be another batch, you might get an IL in that. Good luck.

7 hours ago, TVac said:

My PD is 08-2021

All the best

Hello,

I haven't  submitted  docs yet, but will do in a few days.

However, my PD is not current since the May Visa bulletin, so doesn't matter too much if DQ takes 24 days or 90 days at this stage.

I am hopeful  that the VB will move forward in Oct, once the new FY starts.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, OnPoint said:

Hello everyone! Apologies for my absence and not being able to provide updates. After receiving my interview letter, I focused on gathering the necessary documents, including medical records for myself, my wife, and our children. The interview went extremely well and we were approved right away. The officers were very friendly and didn't ask any tricky questions. The main interview took less than 5 minutes. We should receive our passports with visas in about two weeks. 🙌 🎉 feeling happy guys!

Here is the timeline:

Priority date: May 2020

Documentarily Qualified (DQ): February 9

Interview letter received: March 27

Interview date: 5th May 

Congrats @OnPoint!!!! Well deserved!

Do you mind to share the questions and experience during the interview?

Again, congratulations and all the best!!!! 👏👏🎉🎉🎉

58 minutes ago, OnPoint said:

Hello everyone! Apologies for my absence and not being able to provide updates. After receiving my interview letter, I focused on gathering the necessary documents, including medical records for myself, my wife, and our children. The interview went extremely well and we were approved right away. The officers were very friendly and didn't ask any tricky questions. The main interview took less than 5 minutes. We should receive our passports with visas in about two weeks. 🙌 🎉 feeling happy guys!

Here is the timeline:

Congratulations @OnPoint, happy that all is done for you!

I guess once the PD is current the waiting time for the IL in London is not so bad, roughly almost 2 months for you.  I'm waiting impatiently for the next visa bulletin 😁!

8 hours ago, OnPoint said:

Here is the timeline:

Brilliant! Congrats and thanks for the update. 

That confirms my understanding - cut off date of 5th of the month, all cases received before that scheduled for interviews and IL’s sent at end of the month. I wasn’t sure if that was just for spousal applicants though, it’s great to know it’s for EB cases as well. 

So hopefully end of this month for us then, and an interview date in June or July. 

Congrats again and good luck with the move. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.