6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, 

I’m here seeking for advice. I can’t complete my I-864 as I am still searching for answers and hoping that others have the same experience and wanting to know what has been the result. 

Anyway, our household income is insufficient to cover the poverty guideline. We have a savings account that could cover the difference (x5). I wanted to know if anyone else used their savings for the I-864 and what were your experiences. Did it caused RFEs, delays? Anything else? 

I’m just worried that assets may not have enough bearing compared to income. But wanted to use it anyway before using another sponsor. 

Please throw any advise. 

Beneficiary is in the Philippines (if that helps).

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
56 minutes ago, jarj said:

I wanted to know if anyone else used their savings for the I-864 and what were your experiences.

See

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi! 
my wife (she is the us citizen) and I used only assets to sponsor my spousal visa

my wife didn’t have any us income at all, and for spouses the requirement is only 3x the difference between income and poverty guideline. 
so it sounds like you have enough assets

however, it all depends on the consular officer accepting the I-864 and I’ve read on here that some embassies are stricter than others. I don’t know about the Philippines, I am from Germany and our I-864 was not even questioned during my interview in Frankfurt.

Only our household size was confirmed and it was confirmed that we are using only assets to sponsor, that was it. 

it was accepted without any problems, no RFEs, no delays. 

Expect to have a case note on ceac saying the sponsor doesn’t meet the income requirement and a decision will be made by the consular officer. 

But it does not keep you from getting DQ. 

you can always take multiple I-864 to the interview - first try with your assets only, if the consular officer doesn’t accept, give him a different I-864 with a co sponsor. 😊

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mike E said:

See

Thank you for this link that leads to a “portal” of informative experiences 😊.

My plan would be to fill out the I-864. I don’t have income for 2022 so I will be filling out I-864A since my husband will be a joint sponsor. His income is insufficient though so we are using assets (bank savings) to qualify.  

We decided to line up a joint sponsor as a back up in case they require later in the interview. 

Would it help to include a letter in CEAC that says  "We have provided evidence of our assets to fulfill the financial requirement of the I-864 and I understand that the final decision will be made by the Consular Officer." 
This way, we could probably avoid RFE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
54 minutes ago, jarj said:

Would it help to include a letter in CEAC that says  "We have provided evidence of our assets to fulfill the financial requirement of the I-864 and I understand that the final decision will be made by the Consular Officer." 
This way, we could probably avoid RFE

I doubt @ROK2USA did that and she was successful.  

People achieve DQ with warnings about insufficient incinerator all the time.  I see it at least once a week.  

Timeline
10 hours ago, Mike E said:

I doubt @ROK2USA did that and she was successful.  

People achieve DQ with warnings about insufficient incinerator all the time.  I see it at least once a week.  

Just for verification before we sign the I-864A.... 

Since me and my spouse's taxes are filed jointly and the asset (bank account) that we're using are both in our names, the amounts on these items from I-864 and I-864A should be the same, right?

image.png.ba613b878db1569d1ce0dc0b5b260c8c.png 

image.png.bb372f58b1795f7e02ca53202aa2e8eb.png

I'm not sure this was answered on the links I've checked. 

Thank you. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.