deemabrouk

Looking for work... Driving me crazy!!!!!!!

262 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
i think I am going to loose my mind.. patience.. and everything else

he never shuts up about work.. and making money.. mean while he has NO idea about the American legal system.. he has NO SSN... NO working permit.. No credit history

he wants to rent a space to make it a garage to park cars..

he wants to buy a car and resell it

he want to buy clothes on a discount.. and resell it full price

he wants to open a dollar store

he wants to buy a gas station

he wants to rent a small shop for Koshari

I want to FREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!!.. HE WANTS ALL THIS TO HAPPEN NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this very fcuking SECOND!!!!!!

blowupow3.gifblowupow3.gifblowupow3.gifblowupow3.gif

sounds like my situation...my husband could not understand that he had to wait for his social security number before he could get a job...he was very impatient...he felt as a man he needed to bring money home

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
all the time he picks fight........ Even NOW... he wants me to rent in MY NAME (my credit is BAD) some space a HOUR away.. he has No idea where it is.. to rent it to park cars... I tell him its a bad Idea.. Now he is freaking out.. tell me I dont wanna help him in anything

I told him .. go walk around and ask about work.. Introduce your self... He says No he cant do that.. there are several gas stations around me with muslims... Go talk to them.. No I hate the smell of Gas

i am serioulsy biting my tongue so I just dont start bawling at my desk.......

i am sooo overwhlemed.. I'd drive home to take a Zanax.. but he is there and I dont wanna deal with him :cry:

the idea about renting a space for parking cars may not be such a bad idea...look into it...my daughter's friend at school rented a space for very cheap and made about $2,000 in one weekend....he is a college student studying to become a doctor so that money was very useful for him...this particular weekend was a special event in that town...but it may still be a good ides where you are

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
all the time he picks fight........ Even NOW... he wants me to rent in MY NAME (my credit is BAD) some space a HOUR away.. he has No idea where it is.. to rent it to park cars... I tell him its a bad Idea.. Now he is freaking out.. tell me I dont wanna help him in anything

I told him .. go walk around and ask about work.. Introduce your self... He says No he cant do that.. there are several gas stations around me with muslims... Go talk to them.. No I hate the smell of Gas

i am serioulsy biting my tongue so I just dont start bawling at my desk.......

i am sooo overwhlemed.. I'd drive home to take a Zanax.. but he is there and I dont wanna deal with him :cry:

the idea about renting a space for parking cars may not be such a bad idea...look into it...my daughter's friend at school rented a space for very cheap and made about $2,000 in one weekend....he is a college student studying to become a doctor so that money was very useful for him...this particular weekend was a special event in that town...but it may still be a good ides where you are

Parking spaces in NYC have been sold for $250K recently for that very purpose!

But anyway, I think you could be on to something, more generally speaking, I mean.

Don't just dismiss his ideas and plans as hare-brained, no matter how much you think they are. He really is just thinking about how he's going to make a good life for you guys. While you need to make sure you are a voice of reason, constantly being the "wet blanket" will be tiring, for both you and him. I think that opening your mind, even just a little, to his persepctive will go a long way in getting him to see your side of things too.

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't see how spending money (that you don't have) to make money (if you are lucky) on your wife's credit (#######!) the minute you get here when there are kids and a wife and debt is anything more than harebrained. And selfish.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Timeline

It's all in the delivery...on both sides. He's not gonna win you over with demands, guilt trips and shouting. You're not gonna win him over with melt downs and attitude. There's gotta be a compromise. Like Jen said, listen to what he's saying and give it some thought (not wild harebrained schemes, I'm talking the more reasonable ideas). Maybe if you give what he says some thought without being dismissive, he'll lay off a bit.

Edited by moody

Timeline

the parking space this young man rented cost him a couple of hunded dollars...no credit was used...a small price to pay for the possibility of making thousands

Edited by i adore you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
It's all in the delivery...on both sides. He's not gonna win you over with demands, guilt trips and shouting. You're not gonna win him over with melt downs and attitude. There's gotta be a compromise. Like Jen said, listen to what he's saying and give it some thought. Maybe if you give what he says some thought without being dismissive, he'll lay off a bit.

Exactly.

It doesn't mean that you're gonna "give in" to his demands. But if you say, "we don't have the money for that now, but I think that might be a good idea for something to work and save for", it's going to go over a whole lot better than telling him what a stupid idea that is and how could he even dare talk about that right now. IMO, the second way is only going to build resentment, both ways.

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't see him saying any of this is for YOUR future together, it's all about him and what you will do for him. Sure, having a fit at him doesn't solve anything, but he needs to change his attitude quick.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
I don't see how spending money (that you don't have) to make money (if you are lucky) on your wife's credit (#######!) the minute you get here when there are kids and a wife and debt is anything more than harebrained. And selfish.

OMG !!! Dare I believe my eyes ???? Harebrained !!!! Spelled correctly !!!!! On an internet message board !!!!!!!

LOL step up and collect your trophy !

4z2tlq0.jpg

OMG it's more amazing that I thought. I have just been informed that lightning has actually struck twice in the same spot today, and we have TWO champions !

Don't just dismiss his ideas and plans as hare-brained, no matter how much you think they are. He really is just thinking about how he's going to make a good life for you guys.

4z2tlq0.jpg

D'oh !!!!!

Like Jen said, listen to what he's saying and give it some thought (not wild harebrained schemes, I'm talking the more reasonable ideas).

4z2tlq0.jpg

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

OMG !!! Dare I believe my eyes ???? Harebrained !!!! Spelled correctly !!!!! On an internet message board !!!!!!!

4z2tlq0.jpg

OMG it's more amazing that I thought. I have just been informed that lightning has actually struck twice in the same spot today, and we have TWO champions !

Don't just dismiss his ideas and plans as hare-brained, no matter how much you think they are. He really is just thinking about how he's going to make a good life for you guys.

4z2tlq0.jpg

I object to the term harebrained. What did the rabbit ever do to you? :whistle:

ps just jealous because I want a trophy, but my poor typing, sticky laptop keyboard and overall lack of interest in proofreading means I will never get one. :crying:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

I don't know if I deserve mine, I put a hyphen in there.

maybe I would have too if my hyphen key was working on this crazy laptop :lol: We will never know ;)

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

I don't see him saying any of this is for YOUR future together, it's all about him and what you will do for him. Sure, having a fit at him doesn't solve anything, but he needs to change his attitude quick.

I'm not sure this is true about her husband, but this is the risk of venting on a public forum. You can make your situation sound like something its not.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

honestly I agree with you

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.