deemabrouk

Looking for work... Driving me crazy!!!!!!!

262 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Don't forget within each cultural there are also classes. My husbands family are all educated. Education is so important that the women were not allowed to even THINK of marriage till they were done with college. All are professionals, which is so very good as only one is married at this point. One is a widow, one is divorced one still married- you never know what life will throw you. His sisters argue and tend to mother my husband... I don't think they are submissive in the least! So when they think that the women are less educated or that all men who come from these countries are all college educated... so not true.

just because you may not argue with a man outright doesn't mean that you give into what he wants... remember my big fat Greek wedding???? My point~!

My neighbor is in her late 50's. she married a man who is in his 60's. She must clear where she goes and what she does with him. He is 100% American and so is she. There are people who tend to be dominant types and some who are submissive. Of course within a family there is give and take.. Perhaps she is very happy with this arrangement, if so more power to her. I happen to like a man who is more in control. I was raised very old fashioned where the woman stayed home and took care of her family too. I worked only when I was not married... and now because my husband isn't here and will not be able to support us for a year or so. My oldest daughter is married and has a child. She married a man who also believes as I do that her job is at home. I also use to listen and subscribe to Dr laura's ideals. My heritage is polish and German.

As for religion... I know Muslim women and men who say they are religious and are not. They smoke, have done drugs, will steal you blind and lie like heck. I know Christians who are the same and profess they are religious and go to church weekly. Does the Muslim faith make the women submissive? I don't think so. The Christian belief also has many of the same attributes.

I still go back to what I was asked by typical common people in Jordan.... Are there really prostitutes on every corner? Does everyone really hop in and out of bed with so many people? Does everyone do drugs there? Does every family have many guns? Where do they get it.... movies, books and thanks to Jerry springer TV. I had to laugh when my husband said that my step father was a red neck therefor would not like him. I said WHAT?!?!

We all have misconceptions. I only knew what I read and saw on tv... and don't tell me that our news is biased... just watch the BBC or read other countries news papers. We are the original spin doctors! I didn't know what to expect when I moved to Jordan. It is more like the US then not.

What I am getting at here is that it is the individual not the culture, religion or class.

Its late and I think I am rambling too much... just my two cents worth

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well Dee, I hope this is it for you guys and you can get yourself and your children out of this situation. You can spend your whole life giving him second chances or you can get out now and move on with your life. Good luck. I think it's time to really cancel the AOS/EAD now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well Dee, I hope this is it for you guys and you can get yourself and your children out of this situation. You can spend your whole life giving him second chances or you can get out now and move on with your life. Good luck. I think it's time to really cancel the AOS/EAD now.

well Like I said before.. I dont care about the EAD... and the AOS is not gonna proceed with a cancled check. no money.. never mind that fact that what I am making NOw will NOT cover the income guidelines..

after the ####### he has been saying about America and americans... I am hoping that he will go back home.. from what he says... this is the most vile place on earth... drug addicts everywhere.. lesbians everywhere.. mentally retarded people everywhere.. homeless everywhere... so I am pushing to him just going home cause America is not the place for him

Edited by deemabrouk

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
after the ####### he has been saying about America and americans... I am hoping that he will go back home.. from what he says... this is the most vile place on earth... drug addicts everywhere.. lesbians everywhere.. mentally retarded people everywhere.. homeless everywhere... so I am pushing to him just going home cause America is not the place for him

Holy cow, someone has a flair for the dramatic, huh? Lesbians everywhere, LOL. Where has he been hanging out?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Holy cow, someone has a flair for the dramatic, huh? Lesbians everywhere, LOL. Where has he been hanging out?

well... they ARE around.. we have a group of them that live in our building.. very butchie.. that seem to turn his stomach.. and the other day.. I guess he had to ride a bus.. and the whole time to girls were cuddleing and kissing... I dont really give a ####### about these things... I've grown up with gay people and it doesnt bother me any... but to him.. :blink:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

well Like I said before.. I dont care about the EAD... and the AOS is not gonna proceed with a cancled check. no money.. never mind that fact that what I am making NOw will NOT cover the income guidelines..

Wow. :no:

Then he can just go home where everyone is perfect.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.