Valeria47

Parole extension? X parcis

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone 

I have a friend who arrived here with advance parole, due to risk situations in his country, at the embassy they gave him the parole, the visa says X Parcis and it is valid for one year the parole I suppose that X Parcis is the type of parole, this It expires in a month, and he already submitted the asylum application recently but he still haven't received anything from his asylum application. With the parole he had and the i94 he was able to process his license, among other things he also processed his work permit, all this expires when the parole expires, the concern at the moment is valid documentation to go to the bank, drive, etc. Is there a possibility to extend the parole while the USCIS response arrives? At least for have a id or valid driver license, thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Is it 5 months after applying for Asylum you can get EAD? Anyway this should really be directed towards your friends lawyer.

I understand there may be a way to extend parole but have yet to see anybody do it, ditto Lawyer question.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Is it 5 months after applying for Asylum you can get EAD? Anyway this should really be directed towards your friends lawyer.

I understand there may be a way to extend parole but have yet to see anybody do it, ditto Lawyer question.

Yes in 150 days you can process the work permit, the lawyer told him to request an extension at immigration, the lawyer who took the case is also probono, immigration did not give him the appointment for the extension and told him to talk to your lawyer . So that's why I was asking if there was an option since I’m not sure about the lawyer. But thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Ab1414 said:

Hi Valeria, my family members also got approved for Humanitarian parole. They did their medical screening last week. Can you tell me how long it took your friend to get interview in the embassy and what embassy it was. Because my family interview is still not scheduled. Thank you

My friend's case is different, they gave him parole because he is a human rights defender, he needed to leave the country. The embassy did not require any of the vaccinations, but it is more due to his situation because it was the same American embassy that processed his immediate departure. I know that some people are coming here to get their vaccines and exams, not there, I don't know what humanitarian parole you are referring to, that of Nicaraguans, Venezuelans and Cubans? 

45 minutes ago, Valeria47 said:

My friend's case is different, they gave him parole because he is a human rights defender, he needed to leave the country. The embassy did not require any of the vaccinations, but it is more due to his situation because it was the same American embassy that processed his immediate departure. I know that some people are coming here to get their vaccines and exams, not there, I don't know what humanitarian parole you are referring to, that of Nicaraguans, Venezuelans and Cubans? 

I am referring to Afghan Humanitarian parole and my mother use to work for women empowerment. Thats why she got approved for humanitarian parole. She also didn’t need any vaccination but they only did chest x-ray. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.