JojoandTomas

MARCH 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

399 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Long time lurker here! So glad to finally be on the other side of the USCIS wait. Fingers crossed the rest goes quickly for all <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
On 3/20/2023 at 9:15 PM, Emily4560 said:

We were approved today! 

NOA1: Jan 13th, 2022

NOA2: March 20th, 2023

Thank you SO much @Ngillet for the constant updates, we found this to be incredibly helpful through the wait. 

We know how hard this is but you will all get approved! Hang in there.

Congratulations to all who got approved 😊.. Thank you @Ngillet for all the regular updates.

Waiting for an update from the NVC..

NOA1 - 18th Jan 2022

NOA2 - 13th March 2023

Probably a dumb question, but could any of you tell me what the expiration date on the physical approval notice means and entails? (i.e. the section saying notice type: approval notice – valid from [date] to [date]?)

Does the case have to be processed by the NVC within that time frame or ..?

I'm only asking since I'm worried the consulate may only be able to issue the K1 within the validity period, though that's probably unrealistic considering how backed up a lot of embassies still are.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Pangoleen said:

Probably a dumb question, but could any of you tell me what the expiration date on the physical approval notice means and entails? (i.e. the section saying notice type: approval notice – valid from [date] to [date]?)

Does the case have to be processed by the NVC within that time frame or ..?

I'm only asking since I'm worried the consulate may only be able to issue the K1 within the validity period, though that's probably unrealistic considering how backed up a lot of embassies still are.

The deadline for an approved petition is 4 months from the date of its approval by USCIS. In theory, you should complete the interview before the expiration of this period. But if for some reason you cannot do this, for personal reasons or delays at the embassy, etc., then the petition can be extended by the consulate for another 4 months. It can be extended up to one year at most. Knowledgeable people let me correct if I'm wrong somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Aleksis said:

The deadline for an approved petition is 4 months from the date of its approval by USCIS. In theory, you should complete the interview before the expiration of this period. But if for some reason you cannot do this, for personal reasons or delays at the embassy, etc., then the petition can be extended by the consulate for another 4 months. It can be extended up to one year at most. Knowledgeable people let me correct if I'm wrong somewhere.

Thank you so much for your reply! We were able to connect with a live agent just now who gave us the same info. Even though I've read up on all the steps following NOA2 these past 15 months, I never stopped to think about the validity period bit and so my nerves got to me 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Aleksis said:

@Aleksis You're correct, I used a firm and I had the same question. Here is what they said: 

"Note that the approval notice from USCIS is only valid for four months for Form 129-F, even though the government will keep your case open for up to 12 months as long as you’re pursuing the visa. However, the I-130 doesn’t expire but can be revoked under certain circumstances."

@Pangoleen You have nothing to worry about as most cases will be sent to the interview stage within this time frame.

Best of luck to everyone :D

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Nyeomi said:

@Ngillet

Hi! Could you add your "After NOA2" steps here?

Hi! This is actually exactly where I got it from. The very first post in this thread from @JojoandTomas has a link to the document as well as alot of helpful information on the next steps.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, Sha-Lee88 said:

I saw in another thread that k1 visas don't receive a welcome letter. How are we notified of our NVC case number without the welcome letter?

Yes, they don't send any welcome email.  They send a notification to the petitioner that they sent the case to the embassy, the same notification contains the nvc case number and the beneficiary's Id.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ngillet said:

not me :( noa2 3/14

I think the processing time is 45 days right now (according to VJ statistics for NOA2 to NVC). It looks like both you and me (NOA2 3/17) still have another 2 weeks or so to wait. I'll post here as soon as I get my case number. But everyone should be patient and wait about 4-6 weeks from their NOA2 before they start to worry :unsure:

I-1295F Sent - 12/31/2021

I-1295F NOA 1 - 01/07/2022

I-1295F NOA 2 - 03/17/2023

USCIS Shipped to NVC - 5/12/2023

NVC Received -  5/15/2023.

NVC Case Number - 5/31/2023

NVC Left: 6/8/2023

Ready At Embassy: 7/5/2023

Medical Exam: 8/14/2023

Interview Date: 8/17/2023

Flight to USA: 8/30/2023

Marriage: 9/13/2023

AOS & EAD NOA1: 10/16/2023

Bio Appt: 11/08/2023

EAD Approved: 01/06/2024

Green Card Approval ETA: 02/13/2024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.