JojoandTomas

MARCH 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

399 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to consulate from the NVC? Also, does this mean the interview has been scheduled?

My fiancee scheduled her medical today and we are hoping she can call to schedule the interview tomorrow. 

received_587033753616529~2.jpg

Just paid my visa fees after receiving packet 3 from the consulate yesterday! I was a bit surprised that they asked me not to send my documents in advance, kinda assumed we had to do that.

Anyways, now it's just a matter of waiting for them to confirm my payment so I can schedule ❤️

4 hours ago, JoshKT21 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to consulate from the NVC? Also, does this mean the interview has been scheduled?

My fiancee scheduled her medical today and we are hoping she can call to schedule the interview tomorrow.

Transit time seems to depend heavily on location. @PakistaniRussian waited for about a month I believe, mine was ready after 2 weeks.

Your fiancée cannot schedule her interview yet since your case is still in transit and not ready. Interviews can be scheduled once the consulate has received your case, upon which you'll likely have to wait for a confirmation email with general instructions on how to proceed (at least that was the case for me, I think some embassies may need prompting so if you're unsure I'd call to ask about their specific process once your status shows as 'ready'). Once you have confirmation from the embassy, you should be able to schedule your interview online – never heard of them scheduling appointments over the phone.

Timeline

I got my case ready status today. I go on to the link and everything references a DS 260 number, but we file a DS 160.

If I go through nonimmigrant it says DS 160 but doesn't give the option for a K visa.

Does anyone have any insight?

IMG_20230720_122748.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, JoshKT21 said:

I got my case ready status today. I go on to the link and everything references a DS 260 number, but we file a DS 160.

If I go through nonimmigrant it says DS 160 but doesn't give the option for a K visa.

K1 is a weird one. It's non-immigrant but some embassies treat it as immigrant.

All I know is that you have to fill DS-160, NOT DS-260.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

K1 is a weird one. It's non-immigrant but some embassies treat it as immigrant.

All I know is that you have to fill DS-160, NOT DS-260.

I'm wondering if I just put the DS 160 number in there. The other option doesn't list K visa at all. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JoshKT21 said:

I'm wondering if I just put the DS 160 number in there. The other option doesn't list K visa at all. 

I am not sure how it works in the UK (every embassy is different). I researched and you did have to select you received instructions and is scheduling for K1 before that stage, right? Then I would not worry about the warning, embassies usually use immigrant visa terms for K. But check on what other people from UK did it.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/immigrant-or-fiancee-visa-interview/ - 2nd FAQ question explains it too.

NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

On 7/18/2023 at 11:27 PM, Pangoleen said:

Just paid my visa fees after receiving packet 3 from the consulate yesterday! I was a bit surprised that they asked me not to send my documents in advance, kinda assumed we had to do that.

Anyways, now it's just a matter of waiting for them to confirm my payment so I can schedule ❤️

Transit time seems to depend heavily on location. @PakistaniRussian waited for about a month I believe, mine was ready after 2 weeks.

Your fiancée cannot schedule her interview yet since your case is still in transit and not ready. Interviews can be scheduled once the consulate has received your case, upon which you'll likely have to wait for a confirmation email with general instructions on how to proceed (at least that was the case for me, I think some embassies may need prompting so if you're unsure I'd call to ask about their specific process once your status shows as 'ready'). Once you have confirmation from the embassy, you should be able to schedule your interview online – never heard of them scheduling appointments over the phone.

Have you managed to book interview?

I got this message from NVC after inquiring about where my welcome letter was, because we had not received anything after our I-129f was approved. 

image.thumb.png.070a35e472ab2073b325258fee60380d.png

Then I filled out the DS-160, and the status on CEAC website said "ready" for like one day then changed to this:

image.png.970cf4d03e9bf75a46f57e8df6e4d2fd.png

The NVC finally sent me my invoice ID and beneficiary ID etc., so when I tried to pay the fees on their page I got this notification:

image.png.ace63dcc3a345dae6aa2bcda3a3f8020.png

I'm not really sure what to do/ what the next step here is?

Timeline

My fiancee has scheduled her medicals and interview, but one of the things it says to bring is a copy of the letter or email you receive from the consular section. Does anyone know who to contact to get a copy of that if we've not received it yet?

Timeline
1 hour ago, alexam23 said:

I got this message from NVC after inquiring about where my welcome letter was, because we had not received anything after our I-129f was approved. 

image.thumb.png.070a35e472ab2073b325258fee60380d.png

Then I filled out the DS-160, and the status on CEAC website said "ready" for like one day then changed to this:

image.png.970cf4d03e9bf75a46f57e8df6e4d2fd.png

The NVC finally sent me my invoice ID and beneficiary ID etc., so when I tried to pay the fees on their page I got this notification:

image.png.ace63dcc3a345dae6aa2bcda3a3f8020.png

When it goes ready you should be able to go here to create a profile and pay the fees. 

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Timeline
2 hours ago, alexam23 said:

So you got your case number, correct? And when you track your case number here on CEAC (note that it's immigrant, not non-immigrant), it shows as ready? If it shows as ready, then your case is at your embassy. You already filled DS-160. Your NVC stage is done. Now it's embassy stage and every embassy has its own requirements. 

Did your embassy email you anything? They are supposed to email you the packet 3, but some take some time to do it. What is your embassy? The suggestion from the comment above is only specific to UK, every embassy is different and has its own system to schedule interviews and pay fees.

I don't know why NVC gives out people invoice IDs or beneficiary IDs, those are completely useless to us. We don't need to create an account on CEAC (that is why your status there shows as no status), we don't need to submit any documents to CEAC/NVC and we definitely don't need to pay any fees at all at CEAC/NVC. I am sorry this process isn't transparent at all and the lines between immigrant and non-immigrant get blurred during NVC.

Edited by Bh_sarah

NOA1:

15 minutes ago, Bh_sarah said:

So you got your case number, correct? And when you track your case number here on CEAC (note that it's immigrant, not non-immigrant), it shows as ready? If it shows as ready, then your case is at your embassy. You already filled DS-160. Your NVC stage is done. Now it's embassy stage and every embassy has its own requirements. 

Did your embassy email you anything? They are supposed to email you the packet 3, but some take some time to do it. What is your embassy? The suggestion from the comment above is only specific to UK, every embassy is different and has its own system to schedule interviews and pay fees.

I don't know why NVC gives out people invoice IDs or beneficiary IDs, those are completely useless to us. We don't need to create an account on CEAC (that is why your status there shows as no status), we don't need to submit any documents to CEAC/NVC and we definitely don't need to pay any fees at all at CEAC/NVC. I am sorry this process isn't transparent at all and the lines between immigrant and non-immigrant get blurred during NVC.

I guess I'm still confused because it said the to fill out the DS-160 (non-immigrant), but you said fill out the DS-261 (immigrant)? No, the embassy has not emailed me anything. When I check under the non-immigrant with my confirmation number starting in AA from the DS-160 confirmation page it just says "No status". Should I fill out the DS-261 also?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, alexam23 said:

I guess I'm still confused because it said the to fill out the DS-160 (non-immigrant), but you said fill out the DS-261 (immigrant)? No, the embassy has not emailed me anything. When I check under the non-immigrant with my confirmation number starting in AA from the DS-160 confirmation page it just says "No status". Should I fill out the DS-261 also?

I didn't tell you to fill any DS-261 (or DS-260 - immigrant one). You only need DS-160. And you told me you already filled it. And your case is ready, so it's at the embassy. So you're done with NVC

Let me go back to the start. K1 is non-immigrant. However, when we go and check the status of our cases on CEAC here, we gotta choose the immigrant option to see the real status. You only use your case number to check it. The case number starts with the 3 letters representing your embassy + 10 numbers. No DS-160 application number is needed. 

What is your embassy? Every embassy has specific systems and ways of proceeding. No way to help if I don't know what's your embassy, unfortunately. 

NOA1:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.