badwolfxi

Case Transfer To Different Embassy

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

Hey guys, we are in the process of trying to request a K1 case transfer to the US Embassy in Doha, Qatar from the US Embassy in Manila, Philippines. The issue was that my beneficiaries birth country in The Philippines but she is a resident in Doha, Qatar. We did fill in the form that the designated embassy to be Doha, but NVC assigned it to Manila. They did not reassign it in time before they shipped the case to the embassy. I do understand that we need to contact the embassy which we need the case to be transferred to. So I've emailed the US Embassy in Doha, they have not responded but the automated reply email states that we must submit a residency ID and the scheduled appointment at the current embassy in order to request a transfer. I sent another email with her residency ID, proof of address, and a screenshot of the CEAC status that shows "ready". We do not want to go through the process of filling out the ds160 and scheduling at the wrong embassy. It just seems like that would cause issues. Can anyone who has insight on this sort of situation give us any advice?

• 7 months later...

Hey, I seen on one of your posts that you had to transfer your case from Manila to Doha, I was wondering if you could tell me how many times you had to email them for them to reply to you and how long the transfer took? My finace originally had his case in Beirut, we are trying to transfer it to Doha as he is currently working there. I've emailed the embassy a few times but I do not want to email too many times as I am not sure of the process. I would really appreciate any assistance/advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I replied to your PM as well, and also wanted to add that it took about 6 weeks for the case transfer to complete and arrive at the Doha embassy. Of course, it has changed since I've dealt with doha embassy as they don't respond via emails anymore from what I've heard. They use a visa navigator that they uploaded into Google docs

On 10/21/2023 at 9:48 AM, Z and N said:

Hey, I seen on one of your posts that you had to transfer your case from Manila to Doha, I was wondering if you could tell me how many times you had to email them for them to reply to you and how long the transfer took? My finace originally had his case in Beirut, we are trying to transfer it to Doha as he is currently working there. I've emailed the embassy a few times but I do not want to email too many times as I am not sure of the process. I would really appreciate any assistance/advice.

Hi, I recently transferred my husband’s case to Doha embassy from Islamabad. It took us about 3 to 4 weeks. The first 3 times NVC emailed back to us saying that they are unable to transfer our case but we kept on resubmitting the request with the same evidence and the 4th time they accepted the request and transferred it. 

Edited by rbatool

On 10/25/2023 at 2:13 AM, rbatool said:

Hi, I recently transferred my husband’s case to Doha embassy from Islamabad. It took us about 3 to 4 weeks. The first 3 times NVC emailed back to us saying that they are unable to transfer our case but we kept on resubmitting the request with the same evidence and the 4th time they accepted the request and transferred it. 

Hello, was your case at Islamabad when you requested the transfer from NVC? I emailed NVC and they told me that they have no control over the transfer and the embassy should request the transfer from Beirut. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.