D. Sala

I-751 March 2023 Filers

494 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 6/29/2023 at 9:51 AM, igoyougoduke said:

i think its silly that they are approving military spouses like as if US is at war. There is no reason that military spouses get this priority. its not like they are fighting for the country. pretty ridiculous though

I’m a military spouse and mine is still pending. But this is a poor take on your end.

2 minutes ago, Ela G. said:

I’m a military spouse and mine is still pending. But this is a poor take on your end.

its not really.  what is it that entitles a military spouse for priority. Its not like the spouse is participating in war 

duh

Timeline
2 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

its not really.  what is it that entitles a military spouse for priority. Its not like the spouse is participating in war 

There is no entitlement. And you should know that the only ones getting priority are those living overseas because they obviously need to be on 100% legal status. But even then, mil spouses living overseas don’t even need to do ROC. They can expedite citizenship for them. For us mil spouses stateside, there is absolutely no priority whatsoever. But even if we did have any, it’s still a poor take on your end.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ellie_7 said:

Is there any official source or data backing up the notion that the I-751s approved in approx. 3 months is exclusively due to a military spouse being involved in those cases?

Not really because Mil spouses living overseas can jump straight from AOS to expediting their citizenship. If a mil spouse goes through ROC they are living stateside and have no priority whatsoever. We are going through the process like everyone else. The only cases I can think of is the spouse getting orders to go overseas in the middle of the process and then (maybe) getting it expedited but I don’t even know if this would be true

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, cocoVA said:

This is a stupid question but can someone explain to me why some people have IOE receipt nr.? IOE means = electronically, right? How is that possible? Did they change anything recently?

They are now scanning the paper applications upon receipt, this allows them to process the applications electronically, hence the IOE numbers for physical paper applications. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
18 hours ago, TeddyFazBear said:

I have a documents tab and a button for unsolicited evidence but if I click it, I just get returned to the front page of the website. 

Same for me! And I don't have an extra 'USCIS Notices' tab, just the document one. 

On 7/12/2023 at 11:12 AM, Fenja said:

Same for me! And I don't have an extra 'USCIS Notices' tab, just the document one. 

Same, I had those USCIS notices tabs show up on my previous IOE petitions (EAD/AP) but doesnt show up on my i751 :( 

On 7/11/2023 at 2:08 PM, TeddyFazBear said:

I have a documents tab and a button for unsolicited evidence but if I click it, I just get returned to the front page of the website. 

Even I tried clicking on unsolicited evidence button and it was just refreshing the page. Please let me know if you find a way to make it work.

I guess otherwise we can only wait for one or two years until this I-751 get approved or until we file for N-400.

I-751 Timeline:

Jan 12, 2022 : Sent I-751 application package via USPS

Jan 14, 2022 : Delivered to USCIS Phoenix lockbox

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, April_L said:

We can travel abroad with the expired GC and extension letter, right?

As long as extension letter is still valid, no problem. I travelled multiple times while waiting for I-751 to be approved. It does take a little longer at the airports though.

4 hours ago, OldUser said:

As long as extension letter is still valid, no problem. I travelled multiple times while waiting for I-751 to be approved. It does take a little longer at the airports though.

Also traveled many many times on the letter, 3/4 of the time they don’t even want to see the letter at all - despite me offering it to them - and I’m through immigration control in seconds. It’s quite odd!

36 minutes ago, TeddyFazBear said:

Also traveled many many times on the letter, 3/4 of the time they don’t even want to see the letter at all - despite me offering it to them - and I’m through immigration control in seconds. It’s quite odd!

Facial recognition and checks during boading overseas plus airline passenger data may be the reason.

I think it's a matter of few years when paper passports and plastic GC will only be checked when technology fails.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.