An D

W7 ITIN acceptance agent

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need to file my taxes mfj and my spouse is still in the Philippines. I need to get her an ITIN. We have been looking into getting a copy of her passport when I visit next month so I can bring it back and send the IRS the tax return and w7 together. 

But I have been looking into acceptance agents and see that there is one in angeles city.

Would it be easier to just go with her to Angeles city with a completed w7 and other required documentation and get this over with there? 

What is the cost of using the acceptance agent? 

Does it only take one day and how do you schedule it?

Do you need to bring your federal tax return and file that at the same time, or is the acceptance agent only going to process the w7 by itself and give the itin number immediately so I can use it for the tax return on my own time?

What is all the documentation we would need to take to the acceptance agent?

On 3/1/2023 at 6:43 PM, An D said:

Do you need to bring your federal tax return and file that at the same time, or is the acceptance agent only going to process the w7 by itself and give the itin number immediately so I can use it for the tax return on my own time?

The W7 form must be submitted to the IRS together with the federal tax return for filing.  The IRS (not the acceptance agent) processes the W7 and issues the ITIN.  The only advantage to using an acceptance agent is so you do not have to mail your wife's original (or certified copy) passport to the IRS.

On 3/2/2023 at 8:43 AM, An D said:

Hi,

I need to file my taxes mfj and my spouse is still in the Philippines. I need to get her an ITIN. We have been looking into getting a copy of her passport when I visit next month so I can bring it back and send the IRS the tax return and w7 together. 

But I have been looking into acceptance agents and see that there is one in angeles city.

Would it be easier to just go with her to Angeles city with a completed w7 and other required documentation and get this over with there? 

What is the cost of using the acceptance agent? 

Does it only take one day and how do you schedule it?

What is all the documentation we would need to take to the acceptance agent?

We did our W7 at the Angeles Acceptance Agent, at RAO, in 2015.  See info below.  Call ahead and go over what you need to bring, then make an appointment to make sure the ITIN person will be there when your wife goes.  Normally only one visit is required.  The ITIN lady typed up the W7 for us.  They know what they are doing.  There is a small charge but I don't think it was much.

Very common that your wife will not receive the hard copy ITIN in the Philippine postal system, which is very bad.  The agent gets U.S. postal mail directly from the U.S. Embassy, and they will get a copy.  If your wife never receives it by postal mail, you can get a copy from them.

https://1925mcarthur.wixsite.com/raoangeles

IRS CERTIFYING AGENT FOR ITIN'S: WE ARE THE IRS CERTIFYING AGENT FOR THE PHILIPPINES AND CAN PROCESS YOUR ITIN REQUIREMENTS… THERE ARE SEVERAL CATEGORIES OF ITIN’S BUT ALL MUST BE FOR TAX PURPOSES… THE MOST COMMON IS FOR A JOINT TAX RETURNS; REQUIREMENTS ARE: ITIN APPLICANT MUST APPEAR IN PERSON, MUST HAVE A MARRIAGE LICENSE/ CONTRACT OF MARRIAGE, HAVE A CURRENT PASSPORT (APPLICANT) IF NO PASSPORT, TWO OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS! NATIONAL ID CARD/CURRENT DRIVERS LICENSE/MILITARY ID CARD/VOTERS ID ARE ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS… PROVIDE AN UNFILED IRS 1040/1040X… NOTE: SPOUSE NAME ON 1040 MUST BE SAME AS ON SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (PASSPORT/OTHER) AND CAN USE THE MARRIED OR SINGLE NAME… WE WILL PREPARE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS ATTACH YOUR TAX RETURN AND SEND TO IRS VIA PRIORITY MAIL… DURING COVID, IT TAKES AROUND 3 MONTHS TO PROCESS… IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REFUND, IT WILL GO TO THE ADDRESS/BANK LISTED ON YOUR IRS FORM 1040… IRS WILL MAIL APPLICANT AND US A COPY OF THE ITIN… USUALLY WE RECEIVE OUR COPY FIRST AND WILL NOTIFY YOU UPON RECEIPT… WE PROCESS ITIN APPLICATION BETWEEN 1000 -1300HRS M-F EXCEPT HOLIDAYS… IF ANY QUESTIONS CALL (045) 888-2748 OR 09495037332 AND ASK TO SPEAK TO AN ITIN REPRESENTATIVE…

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

On 3/9/2023 at 12:18 AM, seekingthetruth said:

We did our W7 at the Angeles Acceptance Agent, at RAO, in 2015.  See info below.  Call ahead and go over what you need to bring, then make an appointment to make sure the ITIN person will be there when your wife goes.  Normally only one visit is required.  The ITIN lady typed up the W7 for us.  They know what they are doing.  There is a small charge but I don't think it was much.

Very common that your wife will not receive the hard copy ITIN in the Philippine postal system, which is very bad.  The agent gets U.S. postal mail directly from the U.S. Embassy, and they will get a copy.  If your wife never receives it by postal mail, you can get a copy from them.

https://1925mcarthur.wixsite.com/raoangeles

IRS CERTIFYING AGENT FOR ITIN'S: WE ARE THE IRS CERTIFYING AGENT FOR THE PHILIPPINES AND CAN PROCESS YOUR ITIN REQUIREMENTS… THERE ARE SEVERAL CATEGORIES OF ITIN’S BUT ALL MUST BE FOR TAX PURPOSES… THE MOST COMMON IS FOR A JOINT TAX RETURNS; REQUIREMENTS ARE: ITIN APPLICANT MUST APPEAR IN PERSON, MUST HAVE A MARRIAGE LICENSE/ CONTRACT OF MARRIAGE, HAVE A CURRENT PASSPORT (APPLICANT) IF NO PASSPORT, TWO OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS! NATIONAL ID CARD/CURRENT DRIVERS LICENSE/MILITARY ID CARD/VOTERS ID ARE ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS… PROVIDE AN UNFILED IRS 1040/1040X… NOTE: SPOUSE NAME ON 1040 MUST BE SAME AS ON SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS (PASSPORT/OTHER) AND CAN USE THE MARRIED OR SINGLE NAME… WE WILL PREPARE ALL THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS ATTACH YOUR TAX RETURN AND SEND TO IRS VIA PRIORITY MAIL… DURING COVID, IT TAKES AROUND 3 MONTHS TO PROCESS… IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REFUND, IT WILL GO TO THE ADDRESS/BANK LISTED ON YOUR IRS FORM 1040… IRS WILL MAIL APPLICANT AND US A COPY OF THE ITIN… USUALLY WE RECEIVE OUR COPY FIRST AND WILL NOTIFY YOU UPON RECEIPT… WE PROCESS ITIN APPLICATION BETWEEN 1000 -1300HRS M-F EXCEPT HOLIDAYS… IF ANY QUESTIONS CALL (045) 888-2748 OR 09495037332 AND ASK TO SPEAK TO AN ITIN REPRESENTATIVE…

You can email Jim Boyd at rao_ac@ymail.com.  The fee is P2,500 plus you'll need some cash for Notary fees at the lawyers across the street.  Email them and they will send you everything you need.  They are only open in the am so get there by 9. They will file your taxes and submit your wife's W-7 for you.  Then you give them about P200 and they will LBC the ITIN letter to you when they get it. Great people.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.