Hithere222

NVC Notice of Missing Item: Please submit Form DS-260***. I got this email from nvc even though I submitted all the required documents and ds-260 on 23rd Nov 2022 and our case is still not DQ'ed.Why?

2 posts in this topic

"****NVC Notice of Missing Item: Please submit Form

DS-260 ****

Good day,

The National Visa Center (NVC) received the documents you submitted in support of XXXXXX immigrant visa petition. This petition's NVC case number is XXXXXXXXXX.

However, NVC will not review these documents until we receive an Immigrant Visa Application (Form DS-260) for each intending immigrant. Form DS-260 must be completed and submitted to NVC online at

ceac.state.gov.

Please follow the online instructions at nvc.state.gov/260

(English) or nvc.state.gov/260/espanol (Spanish). If you have any questions, please call 1-603-334-0700 or use NVC's online inquiry form at nvc.state.gov/ask (English) or nvc.state.gov/ask/espanol (Spanish).

For current processing times, please visit our website at nvc.state.gov/submit (English) or nvc.state.gov/enviar/ espanol (Spanish).

Reminder: This is only a notice that we 

received documents from you. We will not review them until we have received both the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant's civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted a DS-260

Immigrant Visa application online at ceac.state.gov._.

IMPORTANT:

If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Sincerely,

National Visa Center

U.S. Department of State

Anyone with similar situation? Please help if you know anything regarding this situation. 

Edited by Hithere222

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello

i had a similar situation. I went to my CEAC case and saw that the status of the DS 260 showed Complete and Submitted. I printed that information and scanned it into a file. I then sent an Inquiry to NVC and attached the file.  A few days later, I received an email telling me that the case was currently being reviewed and not to send any more information. A put a copy of that email on this site for anyone with the same situation.  Here is their response:

The documents you submitted will be reviewed soon. We will let you know whether we complete your case or if we need more information.

“Current processing times are posted on our website at https://nvc.state.gov/timeframes (English) or https://nvc.state.gov/plazos (Spanish).

If you need to correct or re-submit a document, we will send you an email stating that you have a message in your Consular Electronic Applicant Center (CEAC) account. Return to https://ceac.state.gov/iv and click on the View Messages button to read our comments and instructions.

To see whether documents are missing or need to be deleted and re-submitted, you should open these tabs:

·           Civil Documents

·           Affidavit of Support Documents and Financial Evidence

You can also check the status of the items you submitted and your case in general in your CEAC account.”

Hope this helps you

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.