Mari_S

Newbie here! July filers and other questions...

20 posts in this topic

hello

06/11/2007 i-130 reseived

but i still did't get the i-797c and iam wondering why if there is ppl just filed they cases in july and they already got this form so whats wrong with my case iam waiting for this i-797c forever so i can file the i-129f .

my question is :

can i file i-129f without this i-797c ?????

how much the fee for i-129f i have to put in the check now as i already filed the i-130.???

hope to hear some news soon

thanks

Hi Booboo,

Sorry but i am quite confused with your statement - you mean to say you received I-130 or did you submit it on the date you specified? Also, I-797c's is the same as Notice of Action (NOA)...if you haven't received one yet then you'll have to wait for it to be sent to you by the Service Center where you file your I-130. You will need to attach this to your I-129F form.

For more info on this, i suggest you visit this link:

K3 Guide

As for the fees, there will be fee increase come August. I suggest you visit this as well:

Fee Increase

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

thank you for your answer

the cic reseived my case in 6/11/07

but i still did't get the i-797c even there is many cases reseived by cic in jully and they already get it .

that what i can't understand .

about the fee:

i already payed 190$ for the i-130 and soon i will file the i-129f thats mean after 30 july so how much i have to pay then for the i-129f.

do i have to pay 355$ or 170$ as the old fee.or no fee for i129f

this is the only thing confusing me .

plz i need to make sure about that .

Hi Booboo,

See attached file. Hope this helps! :D

post-36613-1185624951_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

2-0. In favor of the boys.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think it would be unrealistic to expect to get away with only paying $190 for both applications. This is one of the main reasons I was told to send my petitions in together.

I think your best bet would be to call the USCIS Natl. Customer Service Center and ask to speak to an officer. The people that answer are only reps and I have found them to be relatively clueless. They always to tell you to follow the instructions on a form. Clearly, that is not good advice in this case, so after listening to their drivel, insist on speaking to an officer. They are typically more well informed and may be able to advise you on the proper way to pay for your I-129F.

Peace,

CG

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, I've been looking around for awhile, and finally got the I-130 and 129F filed in July (see my timeline). I received the I-129F NOA1, but the MSC number would not show up on the online USCIS website, or on their telephone system. So I got through (very, very quickly) to first a person manning the phones, and then an officer (who was able to find my case number).

What's interesting (or sad) is that the officer told me that it would take approximately 6-8 months to get through the process, so that I would be looking for a NOA2 in February '08.

OK, I realize after reading everyone else's posts on VJ that the USCIS likes to give themselves wiggle room - but hearing it certainly makes the journey ahead look totally uphill. :blink:

I suppose in the meantime I can only hope that they at least get my case into the system soon!

niki

I-130

7/02/07 - I-130 Sent

7/05/07 - NOA1 Rec'd Date

7/11/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

I-129F

7/16/07 - I-129F Sent

7/18/07 - I-129F Rec'd Date

7/20/07 - NOA 1 Notice Date

11/28/07 - NOA 2 APPROVAL

12/03/07 - Rec'd NOA 2 hardcopy

1/17/08 - Sent to NVC

NVC

1/24/08 - Rec'd by NVC

1/25/08 - Sent to New Delhi Consulate

Delhi Consulate

1/29/08 - Rec'd by New Delhi Consulate

1/30/08 - Packet 3 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

2/14/08 - Submitted DS-230 & completed checklist to Delhi Consulate in person

2/25/08 - Packet 4 mailed by New Delhi Consulate

3/24/08 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

Hi everyone, I've been looking around for awhile, and finally got the I-130 and 129F filed in July (see my timeline). I received the I-129F NOA1, but the MSC number would not show up on the online USCIS website, or on their telephone system. So I got through (very, very quickly) to first a person manning the phones, and then an officer (who was able to find my case number).

What's interesting (or sad) is that the officer told me that it would take approximately 6-8 months to get through the process, so that I would be looking for a NOA2 in February '08.

OK, I realize after reading everyone else's posts on VJ that the USCIS likes to give themselves wiggle room - but hearing it certainly makes the journey ahead look totally uphill. :blink:

I suppose in the meantime I can only hope that they at least get my case into the system soon!

niki

Hi Niki,

Just be strong and don't fuss about it much. Approval can be faster and slower (depends!)...just relax for the meantime. Good luck on your journey! :-D

Mari and Mitch

2-0. In favor of the boys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.