flyboyof3

From Philippines to Canada to America.

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a friend who is a Filipina and still in the Philippines. soon she will be moving to Canada to live with her son and daughter in law. later I will be going there to meet her and her family there. Then I want to bring her here to America to get married. What is the prosecc for her to come here. will she have to go back to the Philippines to do the process to come here or will she do it all from Canada. 

I also recommend CR1 path as K1 has many disadvantages and the wait time is practically the same.

Either way, CR1 or K1, the timeline for her to join you in the US is about 18-24 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Another vote for CR1

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

It's weird that you call your future wife "a friend"🤔

yes you are right. she is my future wife but as of now I have not even proposed to her yet. she still has over 1 year before she moves to Canada. she is a school teacher in the Philippines and will retire then. then she will go to Canada.

1 hour ago, flyboyof3 said:

she is my future wife but as of now I have not even proposed to her yet. she still has over 1 year before she moves to Canada. she is a school teacher in the Philippines and will retire then.

Was she married to her son's father?  This is a critical question for all visa applicants born in the Philippines.  Your spouse-to-be will need a PSA CENOMAR/CEMAR eventually, for her US visa processing.  I didn't list it in my previous post as CENOMAR/CEMAR is only valid for 1 year after issue date, so not recommended to get one before petition approval.

19 hours ago, Rocio0010 said:

It's weird that you call your future wife "a friend"🤔

It's quite common here to call someone we are a dating here a "friend." Especially by mature people around others we are not close to. There is nothing "weird" about it. He was just looking for information not criticism. No wonder new people don't stay here and post.

Finally done...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Carpe Vinum said:

It's quite common here to call someone we are a dating here a "friend." Especially by mature people around others we are not close to. There is nothing "weird" about it. He was just looking for information not criticism. No wonder new people don't stay here and post.

I was just thinking of what an IO will think if he calls his future wife a friend. Plus, this wasn't posted in the Philippines regional forum. Had it been there I wouldn't have commented

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I was just thinking of what an IO will think if he calls his future wife a friend. Plus, this wasn't posted in the Philippines regional forum. Had it been there I wouldn't have commented

Yeah, but on the other end of that scale, calling her his "wife" would potentially cause other issues, too.  Nothing wrong with "friend".  It's just a cultural difference.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.