EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

532 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, NeonParticles said:

Curious as to how long us folks who were DQed recently or are going to be DQed in the following weeks are going to have to wait. Surely not 6 months .. right? right? :lol:

That's really unfortunate as well if you didn't make the cutoff. I can't imagine it will be another 6 months. Maybe 2 or 3 after all these current expedites are done? 

35 minutes ago, NeonParticles said:

Curious as to how long us folks who were DQed recently or are going to be DQed in the following weeks are going to have to wait. Surely not 6 months .. right? right? :lol:

I sure hope not. I've been talking to someone on FB who like us, didn't also make the cut off, and they have been researching about the previous auto-expedites. There is a very slight chance that they will do another auto-expedite next week (back in January, there were 2 weeks in between 2 batches of auto expedites). I've been praying and hoping that's true. Although if not, I'm also not gonna be surprised anymore since this is only a theory based from what happened previously with CR1/IR1 cases. I really don't want to get my and everyone who didn't make the cut off hopes up too high. The disappointment is unbearable.

If not next week, I'm guessing maybe 2-3 months (really praying it's not another 6 months) since they've been auto expediting a lot across all categories since the start of the year.

Edited by PsychoGF

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

FYI, here is our timeline so far.  Those still waiting can compare notes.  Dates are +/- 16 hours.  ( multiple timezones + laziness = a little sloppy )

date event(s)
2022/02/05 USCIS NOA1 and PD
2023/02/17 USCIS NOA2
2023/02/25 NVC case created, fees paid
2023/03/07 NVC docs submitted
2023/03/22 NVC posted case FE notes, additional evidence submitted
2023/04/10 NVC DQ
2023/06/26 NVC auto-expedited (as seen in CEAC messages)
2023/06/30 NVC emailed "Immigration visa case has been expedited"
2023/07/01 Able to schedule via ustraveldocs.com/ph, while case "In Transit"
2023/07/07 Case still showing as "In Transit"
2023/07/12 (tentative) IV interview date

Tried to talk to US Travel Docs over the phone to clarify some of the documents. Seems like nobody has any idea what anyone else is doing. Travel Docs says the NVC is scheduling, US Embassy says that people can schedule their own appointments via travel docs, NVC seems to have given up. How is any of this acceptable?

4 minutes ago, Evan757 said:

Seems like nobody has any idea what anyone else is doing.

6 minutes ago, Evan757 said:

How is any of this acceptable?

That's big government for ya.  We all feel your pain, my friend.  No worries, another office/committee/agency to the rescue! :jest::rofl:

Well, some of the groups I'm in on facebook are reporting that the autoexpedited june 26th batch people whose cases read "ready" were able to get into their interviews and get their visas approved, even without their embassy instruction packet or whatever. Thanks for motivating me to schedule. Just hope Saint Lukes doesn't see a "spot" on the X-ray...

On 7/7/2023 at 12:03 AM, An D said:

Only trend I have noticed is actions seem to occur on Mondays.

Monday 6/26 - auto-expedites

Monday 7/3 - lots of people became Ready all at once

Monday 7/10 - ??? (this is why I want to wait till Tuesday and not have my wife just leave Manila and not waste her time, because what if)

Well, this trend seems to be supported by another data point... More cases went "Ready" today, including ours.

Just in time, too.  My wife's interview is Wednesday, July 12.

4 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

Well, this trend seems to be supported by another data point... More cases went "Ready" today, including ours.

On 7/7/2023 at 12:03 AM, An D said:

Only trend I have noticed is actions seem to occur on Mondays.

Monday 6/26 - auto-expedites

Monday 7/3 - lots of people became Ready all at once

Monday 7/10 - ???

Just a thought, based on the "Ready" status page, I wonder if "Case Created" date is the order in which they are readying cases.

Screenshot_20230710-205921_Brave2.thumb.png.7c97eb3712a85b6a70e59226aabfbc4b.png

3 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Just in time, too.  My wife's interview is Wednesday, July 12.

Yep, just in time is right. My wife's interview is July 11, in about 7 hours. Good luck.

Edited by An D

34 minutes ago, An D said:

My wife's interview is July 11, in about 7 hours. Good luck.

Likewise, my friend!  We're headed to Manila in about 11 hours.  We were able to book the same Airbnb as we did for the medical appointment -- a home away from "home away from home", if you will.

21 minutes ago, An D said:

Finally approved. Was pretty quick and easy my wife said. 

Congrats! Still waiting for ours (less than a week now). My wife just finished the medical earlier today and was given the all clear, which I'm happy about (I was worried they'd find something and delay the interview even more). Please let us know how long it takes for her visa to arrive, and how soon she's able to get into a CFO seminar.

1 hour ago, An D said:

Finally approved. Was pretty quick and easy my wife said. 

Congrats, guys.  Less than 24 hours and we hope to post a similar report.

15 hours ago, Evan757 said:

Congrats! Still waiting for ours (less than a week now). My wife just finished the medical earlier today and was given the all clear, which I'm happy about (I was worried they'd find something and delay the interview even more). Please let us know how long it takes for her visa to arrive, and how soon she's able to get into a CFO seminar.

Yes, huge relief to get past the medical without further issue. I'll be sure to update later on when we receive it how long it took. For CFO, we registered online in May and the counselor told us to email a copy of the visa once it is on hand. We went ahead and already bought the plane ticket as well, so I will have that and the visa and hopefully that pushes her through the CFO quickly. The only thing I don't like about the email counseling is that the counselor could just choose to stop replying and then you're stuck with no recourse. She will be flying out of Clark and not NAIA. I still have to figure out if there's any face to face CFO at Clark that could be done if she has the visa and plane ticket and urgently needs it completed and cannot get an email response. 

Anybody have trouble with getting an NBI clearance with an AKA? We tried to get one and they refused to give it to us because my wife never legally changed her name (aside from taking my last name), though it seems like the embassy requires it. They're only letting us get one without an AKA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.