EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

532 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 10:33 AM, WaltAimee said:

Went “Case Ready” today and scheduled my wife and daughter’s IR1/IR2 interviews. Already had their medical scheduled, so hopefully all will go well with their medical and we can get this show on the road. 

You are lucky. I am an IR1.Case ready,5th of April,but still was not able to get an appointment slot.

I have been checking the site and it says "There is no available slot".I got the go signal to proceed with the scheduling but there is no slot blah!

I wonder if you constantly checked the CGI portal to see the interview dates available?

Was case ready on 2 April, scheduled an interview for 2 May within 4 hours of finding out my wife/daughters IR1/IR2 was case ready. Within 48 hours, all interview slots for April/May were filled. The slots for June should be available to schedule on 1 May.

17 hours ago, jinkiearthur said:

You are lucky. I am an IR1.Case ready,5th of April,but still was not able to get an appointment slot.

I have been checking the site and it says "There is no available slot".I got the go signal to proceed with the scheduling but there is no slot blah!

I wonder if you constantly checked the CGI portal to see the interview dates available?

Keep at it man. My wife went on as soon as she got the email and it said there was nothing. Later in the day a bunch of slots opened up. She has hers set for may 6th. Just don’t give up. Something will open

On 3/26/2024 at 1:30 AM, top_secret said:

Those who received auto-expedites.  In the previous mass expedites, the whole system gets hit all at once, Philippine parts get jammed up and break down, and those who move quickly hold the advantage.  If you got an expedite, book Saint Luke's now, create your http://ustraveldocs.com/ph account now, and as soon as your case status is "Ready" start trying to schedule.  Don't wait for an e-mail from the embassy with instructions. If it's "Ready" you can proceed as soon as it lets you. If you get "case number not found" try again later.

Any CR's yet? 

Hey man, I just wanted to personally thank you for this post. The fact that I followed your advice was THE reason why my wife was already able to complete her interview at USEM on April 8, after we got auto-expedited at the end of March. My wife talked with another lady whose case got auto-expedited at the same time as ours did...they waited for the email with instructions to book an interview, and the earliest interview appointment they could book was in July.

I will be able to bring my wife over to America in time to celebrate my 30th birthday with my family in May, and to attend my cousin's baby shower in June. She would have missed both of these events if I hadn't seen your post and done what you had suggested. I really appreciate it!

Edited by Walter94

4 hours ago, Walter94 said:

Hey man, I just wanted to personally thank you for this post. The fact that I followed your advice was THE reason why my wife was already able to complete her interview at USEM on April 8, after we got auto-expedited at the end of March. My wife talked with another lady whose case got auto-expedited at the same time as ours did...they waited for the email with instructions to book an interview, and the earliest interview appointment they could book was in July.

I will be able to bring my wife over to America in time to celebrate my 30th birthday with my family in May, and to attend my cousin's baby shower in June. She would have missed both of these events if I hadn't seen your post and done what you had suggested. I really appreciate it!

Congratulations!!  It's just nice to finally see some movement.  After 8 months wit ZERO visajourney members getting spousal interviews at US Embassy Manila, nine have now updated their timelines with recent or imminent interviews.

Those who still having trouble scheduling interviews just keep checking.  Twice this last week they opened up a few more dates which were quickly snatched up.  Speculation is that 1:00PM to 2:00PM Manila time is when they have recently released  more dates.  Also, anyone who has an interview date scheduled but cant get a date at Saint Luke's, apparently they are taking walk-ins without appointment if they have an interview scheduled in the next 10 days.

I remain totally baffled by what USEM is doing.    

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

That is great news! I have seen a few posts from those completing there interviews which is great progress. Still no movement on CR1s from what I have seen, me and my wife are converting to IR1 next week and the week after that will mark two full years from the day we started this process. I remain hopeful that the time waiting is coming to an end and soon we will all have our interview dates! 

On 2/15/2023 at 10:17 AM, top_secret said:

There is no backlog at all for CR/IR interviews at USEM these days.  2 to 4 weeks to get an interview date would be typical.  If your case DQ Feb 6, it would be reasonable to expect to get an interview date at USEM 'soon'.

if this is so we should have gotten something on my wifes case she was doc qualified jan 12 2023 i read IR Visas are going good  But not Cr1

Edited by Andy and Let

CR1 I just got my interview email saying my wife's interview is on May 23rd!  Is it normal that we wouldn't have to schedule it...?

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

10 minutes ago, NeonParticles said:

CR1 I just got my interview email saying my wife's interview is on May 23rd!  Is it normal that we wouldn't have to schedule it...?

When was she dq?

3 minutes ago, Andy and Let said:

When was she dq?

July 17

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

2 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

Nothing is "normal" about interview scheduling at US Embassy Manilla these days, but receiving dates scheduled by NVC is consistent with what they have done the last few months, with the recent mass-expedite of IR1 and IR2 cases being a seemingly more one off event.  It's notable that IR5's were also included in this round of NVC scheduling with similar DQ dates.  IR1's and IR2's were most likely excluded from this round of NVC scheduling by virtue of that pool being depleted by the recent mass-expedite.  It's great to hear that CRs were not totally passed by.

3 hours ago, Andy and Let said:

if this is so we should have gotten something on my wifes case she was doc qualified jan 12 2023 i read IR Visas are going good  But not Cr1

The referenced statement was completely correct when this thread started and when written in February 2023.  A CR/IR-1/2 case documentarily qualified January 12, 2023 should have been included in the mass expedite that occurred the last week of January 2023 and would have been able to self schedule an interview at that time.  But what a difference a year has made.  Cases that became documentarily qualified January 2024 probably still have a few more months to wait.  At least is is hopeful they seem to be addressing the backlog they accumulated during 2023.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Got interview date for my husband, for May 2!

Congrats to us and all of those who got the ILs!

And yes, this is actually the normal way - us getting an interview date rather than scheduling it. 

The only reason some need to schedule their own is because they were "auto-expedited". MNL embassy is trying to clear their backlogs.

But this is how things should be.

3 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.