EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

534 posts in this topic

US Embassy Manila is on their Facebook page AGAIN patting themselves on the back and trumpeting what an awesome job they are doing on visa interviews lately.  This time for C1/D crewman's visas where they issued 110,000 last year, and publish a current wait time of 32 days to get a visa interview for that category.

OTOH, all the CR and IR interview appointment letters they just sent out Friday and Monday were for cases that were documentarily qualified before the last week of June 2023.  Since they got April Interview dates that makes the backlog for spousal visas rather definitively 10 plus months from becoming documentarily qualified.  A backlog that only developed over the last year and that did not previously exist.

The embassy is getting roasted in the comments AGAIN.  Certainly one of the more dumb, tone-deaf social media campaigns ever.

image.jpeg.b1ce4084945409b1f51675f2cef8da50.jpeg

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

I think this is the right response!  👏👏👏👏👏to all who posted responses.

We need to keep them from congratulating themselves for ignoring us.

You have to make them uncomfortable. 

You don't have to let them post this ####### without a response. 

If we could "ratio" them, it would change things.

Screenshot 2024-03-14 192835.png

Another grim milestone.  It has now passed 7 months since any VJ member has updated their timeline reporting issuance of a CR1 or IR1 visa by US Embassy Manila.  A gap for Philippines spousal visas that as far as I can tell is unprecedented in the entire history of this forum.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

23 hours ago, top_secret said:

Another grim milestone.  It has now passed 7 months since any VJ member has updated their timeline reporting issuance of a CR1 or IR1 visa by US Embassy Manila.  A gap for Philippines spousal visas that as far as I can tell is unprecedented in the entire history of this forum.

Always love being a part of history ... :bonk:

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

On 3/15/2024 at 1:44 PM, top_secret said:

I know I've been itching to update my timeline.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:44 AM, top_secret said:

Is this even longer than the covid shutdown?

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

Is this even longer than the covid shutdown?

Actually for the most part US Embassy Manila kept up on CR1/IR1 CR2/IR2 interviews throughout all the lockdowns, even as they let K1's and other family categories languish.  They never developed a major backlog in CR1/IR1 CR2/IR2 even while K1's were screwed.  The Embassy totally shut down with the mid-March 2020 lockdown, remained closed April and May 2020, resumed limited priority CR1/IR1 CR2/IR2 in June and resumed kind of low normal-ish interviewing in July-September and then came up to full speed October on.   I think that if you had your CR1/IR1 CR2/IR2 interview canceled in May 2020 you were probably accommodated by July or August.   For the sake of comparison in July 2020 they processed 76 CR1's and 84 IR1's vs January 2024 where they only processed 4 CR1's and 86 IR'1.   Our interview letter in October 2021 came 2 weeks after becoming documentarily qualified so that's where the backlog stood then.

This NEW backlog is not a product of the COVID era because as recently as June of last year they sent those mass expedites to everyone documentarily qualified up until early May. Very literally, if you became documentarily qualified May 5 2023, then in late June 2023 you could self schedule an interview and many are sitting in the US since July of last year.  Whereas someone who was documentarily qualified 20 days later on May 25 2023 is still waiting and has not received an interview letter to this day.  It seems crazy.  I suspect what has happened is that CR1/IR1 CR2/IR2 had always been prioritized but last year they just removed any prioritization and dumped them all in the lengthy IR5 queue.  So rather than preserve those categories that did not have backlogs and catch up on the categories that did, they created a new backlog that did not previously exist.  Some kind of government logic that normal folks cant understand.

On the bright side K1's are doing awesome now.  You could schedule a K1 interview next week.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

2 hours ago, top_secret said:

On the bright side K1's are doing awesome now.  You could schedule a K1 interview next week.

I almost wonder if they paused CR/IR visas to focus on clearing the K1 backlog

• 2 weeks later...

Just receive expedite notice for my wife and daughter’s IR1/IR2 Visa Interviews after being documentarily complete in July of 2023. Must be an auto expedite as we didn’t file an expedite request.

Been seeing a lot of IR1s get expedited even though they got DQed in June, July and August.

Mostly CR1s that turned into IR1s. 

I thought CR1 and IR1 are just processed the same but probably not.

My husband got DQed in May, but won't be IR1 till June. 

We'll probably get left behind 😭

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

1 minute ago, WaltAimee said:

Just receive expedite notice for my wife and daughter’s IR1/IR2 Visa Interviews after being documentarily complete in July of 2023. Must be an auto expedite as we didn’t file an expedite request.

Would be great if they did another mass of auto expedites, but I wonder why you received this and all these other cases from May forward are waiting in queue. I wonder if it is the IR2. Or maybe we’ll start seeing a number of posts the next couple of days or weeks similar to yours. 

Weird. Weird but awesome for you guys! Congratulations! 🥳🤙🏾

1 hour ago, WaltAimee said:

We just got expedite request to post as well for Ir-1/Ir-2. we're early July. Do we need to schedule interview now? And, if so, how? Thanks

We also just received notice of expedite. My wife has a DQ date of 7/12/23. I just returned home from the Philippines, after waiting 8 long months. But I'm still happy to see the expedite. I know it will take a few more months but at least it's moving forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.