EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

533 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, james2019 said:

I have been also following the Manila - US Embassy (DQ) group on Facebook.  Seems like ILs are being sent today; 08 FEB 2024.  Those that have been IL'd that I can see for now have been for Feb - Mar 2023.  So finally things are starting to move at the very least.

what is an IL? i am not familiar with this acronym. I thought we were all IR-1/CR-1

IL is Interview Letter

Any news is good news at this point. I am cautiously optimistic but not holding my breath either.  Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of our wait.

6/25/2022 - Married via Utah County Zoom Marriage
6/28/2022 - Submitted I-130 online
6/28/2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)
7/1/2022 - Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

But to be waiting 5 years to be with my wife is crazy. only 2 years now waiting with the CR-1, but still 5 years of waiting without her. The level of incompetence at the immigration offices knows no limits. 

7 derailing posts removed. Please take political commentary to the appropriate section of this forum here. This is an immigration forum, let’s keep it as such. Moreover, please do not tell other members to not post, it’s against the TOS of VJ. Feel free to utilize the “Ignore” function if you wish to not see someone’s posts. This can be found under Account > Ignored Users. 

VJ Moderation 

16 hours ago, top_secret said:

I saw those reports too.  They appear to be credible and that is kind of big news.  Here is my take on the situation.  There are only a relative handful of IR1/IR2 cases remaining for US Embassy Manila that have DQ dates older than mid May of 2023.  It is very demonstrable that that almost all ordinary CR/IR-1/2 cases up to somewhere in May were included in the late June "mass-expedite".  The only older cases outstanding had something that artificially held them back, like they are F2A to IR1 cases where the sponsor naturalized after the the late June mass expedite etc.  So Feb-Mar 2023 cases getting interview letters are not huge numbers.

What DOES have huge numbers and got many more interview letters today for Feb-Mar 2023 DQ dates are IR5's.  Previously IR5, and CR/IR-1/2 cases were in different queues at USEM and CR/IR-1/2 were prioritized.  What it really seriously looks like is going on here is last June USEM cleared all the CR/IR-1/2 cases up until mid May and then removed any prioritization for any cases that didn't make the cut and dumped them into the lengthy IR5 backlog.  The clearing of the IR5 backlog is more trackable because of the numbers of cases and sponsors who are active online.  It will be interesting to follow if the CR/IR-1/2 backlog now remains in lockstep with IR5.  I am wagering that they do. If it's any consolation they have been clearing the IR5 backlog very quickly.

If indeed USEM developed a large backlog that did not previously exist as they work to reduce other backlogs that does seem incredibly dumb.

I was thinking the same thing. There should not be a lot of CR1 and IR1 (not the converted IR1) waiting between January 2023 to June 2023. Most of them, not all, were included on the last mass expedite. 

So my thinking is, if USEM continue on scheduling interviews in the next couple of months they will get to the ones who were DQ'd in June 2023 pretty quick. That's something to look forward to....lets just hope they continue sending IL's for CR1 and IR1.

3 hours ago, LeroyJenkins said:

Waiting one year for an interview is fast?

Even if they are servicing March 2023 DQ, that is horrendously and embarrassingly slow.

Not fast as in correct. Fast as in getting their butts in gear and trying to at least get something done. Of course it’s been horrendously slow. Stop being so literal. 

Just wanted to say I'm really happy to hear of these developments for the folks still waiting.  I'm really praying for you guys.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news (for some of you, anyway).

BUT

My congressman is the Speaker of the House now.  His office reached out to me with a communication from the NVC.  This may help people with mental timelines and expectations:

As of DEC-2023, the NVC is scheduling IV interview appointments for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MANILA, PHILIPPINES for Immediate Relative applicants that were documentarily complete on or before JUL-2022.                  

Ugh...       

29 minutes ago, LonelyGringo21 said:

BUT

My congressman is the Speaker of the House now.  His office reached out to me with a communication from the NVC.  This may help people with mental timelines and expectations:

As of DEC-2023, the NVC is scheduling IV interview appointments for the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in MANILA, PHILIPPINES for Immediate Relative applicants that were documentarily complete on or before JUL-2022.                  

Ugh...       

This is pretty outdated.  We have received newer messages stating as of JAN-2024 with a DQ date of JAN-2023 for example.  

My congressman also gave me an old email they received back in November with an even earlier DQ date.  Seems like they're clearing out stragglers before catching up to our cases.  Or so I hope that's the case.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

17 hours ago, LonelyGringo21 said:

BUT

Ugh...       

my congressman response was in February of this year and apparently they’re on oct 22 dqs right now. So at least they’re making ground it appears

4 hours ago, Vegamanx7 said:

my congressman response was in February of this year and apparently they’re on oct 22 dqs right now. So at least they’re making ground it appears

And here's what I got from my response:

NVC documentarily completed this case on 17-JUL-2023. As of JAN-2024, the NVC is scheduling IV interview appointments for the U.S. Embassy in MANILA, PHILIPPINES for Immediate Relative applicants that were documentarily complete on or before JAN-2023.

Seems like they're just spitting out random dates.  Or there's a difference between IR1/CR1 timing?  We are CR1

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

8 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

NVC documentarily completed this case on 17-JUL-2023. As of JAN-2024, the NVC is scheduling IV interview appointments for the U.S. Embassy in MANILA, PHILIPPINES for Immediate Relative applicants that were documentarily complete on or before JAN-2023.

Seems like they're just spitting out random dates.  Or there's a difference between IR1/CR1 timing?  We are CR1

There really isn't.  From what I have gathered; If your spouse lands on US soil after your two year anniversary, immigration will make her visa an IR1 automatically.  It's only treated differently depending if you're CR1 or IR1 while in the USA i.e. 3 year conditional residence (similar to that of the old and obsolete K3 visa).  Besides most cases have been taking so long, they turn into IR1 anyways before landing.

Edited by flipicaneze

9 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

Those dates actually more or less correspond to the actual dates of the IR5 backlog as of a month ago.  The handful of recent "old" IR1/CR1 cases that just did get interview letters also align with the IR5 backlog.  I am merely speculating without any real knowledge, but circumstantial facts seem to point to all CR/IR-1/2 cases being dumped into the IR5 backlog without prioritization since the "mass expedite" in June of 2023.  I'm wagering CR/IR-1/2 are now equal with the IR5 backlog and will advance in lockstep.  It seems they are all at about March 2023 at the moment.  With 'almost' all CR/IR-1/2 through mid-May 2023 being long since finished, it will be interesting to watch the IR5 backlog advance a couple of months and see if it uncovers the huge numbers of CR/IR-1/2 languishing with no scheduling since last June.  Again, merely speculating but I suspect watching the IR5 backlog advance is telling.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.