EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

533 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Jason and May said:

Are you referring to the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) issued through CFO…? 

It is actually the Guidance and Counseling Program (GCP) from CFO.  This program is the one for spouses and fiancees.  Everyone else (parents, siblings, children, OFWs, etc.) take PDOS.

So at what stage does one apply for the green card/ssn/work permit?

I don't think that the immigrant visa (CR1) covers this part of the process...right?

This step is not clear to me. I'm on the process of moving to a different state, so I was planning on sending the i-485 form once I have settled at our new place.

Unless the CR1 application already includes the permanent residency/ssn.

Also, I've seen some posts where the beneficiary is given their green card/ssn at the port of entry. Is this correct? and how does this work? How would immigration know the immigrant's port of entry ahead of time? Does immigration require the immigrant to fly into a pre-determined port of entry?

I usually depart from or land on whatever International airport Expedia directs me to. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rubanoid said:

So at what stage does one apply for the green card/ssn/work permit?

I don't think that the immigrant visa (CR1) covers this part of the process...right?

This step is not clear to me. I'm on the process of moving to a different state, so I was planning on sending the i-485 form once I have settled at our new place.

Unless the CR1 application already includes the permanent residency/ssn.

Also, I've seen some posts where the beneficiary is given their green card/ssn at the port of entry. Is this correct? and how does this work? How would immigration know the immigrant's port of entry ahead of time? Does immigration require the immigrant to fly into a pre-determined port of entry?

I usually depart from or land on whatever International airport Expedia directs me to. lol

When a spousal visa holder enters the US, he/she is IMMEDIATELY a Green Card holder.  He/she is IMMEDIATELY authorized to work.  He/she will AUTOMATICALLY receive a SSN if the box was checked on the DS-260.  You do NOT receive a plastic Green Card upon entry.  Your passport will be stamped.  Your passport then acts as a full-fledged Green Card until the plastic one arrives.  You are NOT required to enter at a specific port of entry.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Rubanoid said:

so I was planning on sending the i-485 form once I have settled at our new place.

I-485 is not needed for a spousal visa holder.  The actual plastic Green Card will be mailed to you if you have paid the $220 immigrant fee.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

2 hours ago, Vegamanx7 said:

Doesn’t look like that mass expedite will be happening this month. Kinda depressing. Was really hoping to be with my wife this year. 

We were in the last batch, and we're praying for you guys.  We know the uncertainty is frustrating.  I want you to know that we're rooting for you.

4 minutes ago, aaroncv3 said:

We were in the last batch, and we're praying for you guys.  We know the uncertainty is frustrating.  I want you to know that we're rooting for you.

I appreciate it! I’m glad you guys made it!

2 hours ago, Vegamanx7 said:

Doesn’t look like that mass expedite will be happening this month. Kinda depressing. Was really hoping to be with my wife this year. 

The next coping mechanism is to say they're doing it every January and June now, so... more waiting, woo.  

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

4 hours ago, Vegamanx7 said:

USEM issued 15 CR1 and 121 IR1 visas in October. September was 28 and 148. August was a bit higher. 

Given that CR1 is among the lowest average numbers of visas issued monthly by USEM (at least from what I’ve seen looking back though the visa statistic reports), and that IR1s are almost always substantially higher, I assume many of us have a very long wait ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, hiram a said:

I don't understand what the USEM is doing. The NIV backlog is cleared, so why can't we get Ir/cr interview dates?

Well, the old pattern myth has been debunked. I think there will be a mass expedite end of January, followed by another mass expedite in June like this year. December is a holiday month and you know how seriously Filipinos take their holidays, which may explain what's going (or lack thereof) there. 

14 hours ago, hiram a said:

I don't understand what the USEM is doing. The NIV backlog is cleared, so why can't we get Ir/cr interview dates?

The IV and NIV are different units (ie departments) with different staffing levels and training.  While common sense would be to cross train, we are dealing with a government beauracracy.

On 11/30/2023 at 7:40 PM, Jason and May said:

USEM issued 15 CR1 and 121 IR1 visas in October. September was 28 and 148. August was a bit higher. 

Given that CR1 is among the lowest average numbers of visas issued monthly by USEM (at least from what I’ve seen looking back though the visa statistic reports), and that IR1s are almost always substantially higher, I assume many of us have a very long wait ahead. 

You cannot look at CR1 and IR1 visas separately, the only difference is the age of the marriage at time of visa issuance.  

14 minutes ago, IWander said:

You cannot look at CR1 and IR1 visas separately, the only difference is the age of the marriage at time of visa issuance.  

I think we sure can…to some extent. While I understand there are many factors that go into a beneficiary’s visa type being CR1 or IR1, at the end of the day triple and quadruple the number of IR1s issued monthly indicate it is more likely than not the reason for the substantially higher number of IR1s is due—at least in part—to USEM’s inefficiency, not case dynamics.  

For example, in my wife’s case, we’ve processed everything fairly timely, and there’s a very good possibility that by the time she is interviewed, her CR1 will rollover to an IR1. That is my point. 

That said, I’m no expert here. I’m simply extrapolating data and applying what I view as logic. If you have procedural information you would like to share to correct my perspective, I’m always willing to learn new things. 

Edited by Jason and May
Grammar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.