EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

533 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PsychoGF said:

It's already November and we are nearing the 5th month mark since the last mass auto expedite (June 26).

Prior to that, the last one was back in January 25 - which is also 5 months before.

How likely is it that we'll finally be getting another auto expedite this month?

I'm not trying to get my nor anybody's hopes up too much but the long wait is becoming insanely unbearable 😔

My thought is: Don’t expect anything from USEM. If anyone has ever learned anything, it’s that USEM will do whatever it does, and we are expected to sit and wait. 

That said, it would be awesome if what appears to be a trend is a thing, but I expect nothing. 

38 CR1 visas were issued in September and 171 IR1s. August’s numbers were higher. But this seems about average. Now, imagine thousands of CR1 and IR1 cases pending, and those cases being processed monthly at these numbers. And also imagine why the IR1s are almost always about double the CR1s. 

2 years from your priority date. And if she’s not with you by then, then you might have a legitimate grievance, and even then, you’ll probably get a canned response. 

It sucks. But it’s life. And with any good fortune, she will be with you soon or at least before mass war breaks out, disrupting immigration everywhere. 

On 11/2/2023 at 6:35 AM, Jason and May said:

My thought is: Don’t expect anything from USEM. If anyone has ever learned anything, it’s that USEM will do whatever it does, and we are expected to sit and wait. 

That said, it would be awesome if what appears to be a trend is a thing, but I expect nothing. 

38 CR1 visas were issued in September and 171 IR1s. August’s numbers were higher. But this seems about average. Now, imagine thousands of CR1 and IR1 cases pending, and those cases being processed monthly at these numbers. And also imagine why the IR1s are almost always about double the CR1s. 

2 years from your priority date. And if she’s not with you by then, then you might have a legitimate grievance, and even then, you’ll probably get a canned response. 

It sucks. But it’s life. And with any good fortune, she will be with you soon or at least before mass war breaks out, disrupting immigration everywhere. 

We’re DQ’d Aug 4 this yr and I am scheduled for advance medical tomorrow, thinking we should hear something within the next 3-6 mos  🤞 although i hope we all receive the good news very very soon. 

On 11/5/2023 at 4:21 AM, CDFranck said:

We’re DQ’d Aug 4 this yr and I am scheduled for advance medical tomorrow, thinking we should hear something within the next 3-6 mos  🤞 although i hope we all receive the good news very very soon. 

Was a bit nervous to schedule medical since we have no information on when the next mass expedite will be, or if there even will be one.  So we'll be waiting for things to move forward first.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 
June 30, 2024 - Flight to US

On 11/6/2023 at 11:56 PM, NeonParticles said:

Was a bit nervous to schedule medical since we have no information on when the next mass expedite will be, or if there even will be one.  So we'll be waiting for things to move forward first.

Yeah. That’s why i also waited for 3mos before scheduling it 😅 I decided to take the risk since some group chats / fb pages mentioned a lot of “healthy” people having issues with SLEC Xray and asked to undergo Sputum which delays the process by 2-3mos. Actually i heard 2 people there during my medical, they were asked to repeat their Xray after reaching the triage counter (the counter who releases the application form after completing all tests).. Luckily i passed the medical and got my immunizations. 

I just want to get it over with, so fingers crossed i get my interview before May 2024 😅🤞

33 minutes ago, CDFranck said:

Yeah. That’s why i also waited for 3mos before scheduling it 😅 I decided to take the risk since some group chats / fb pages mentioned a lot of “healthy” people having issues with SLEC Xray and asked to undergo Sputum which delays the process by 2-3mos. Actually i heard 2 people there during my medical, they were asked to repeat their Xray after reaching the triage counter (the counter who releases the application form after completing all tests).. Luckily i passed the medical and got my immunizations. 

I just want to get it over with, so fingers crossed i get my interview before May 2024 😅🤞

When you do the medical before your interview, do they send the results in advance to the embassy or did they give you something to take with you?  Just curious as to how that process goes.  We might consider doing it soon due to the sputum scare as well.

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 

10 hours ago, NeonParticles said:

When you do the medical before your interview, do they send the results in advance to the embassy or did they give you something to take with you?  Just curious as to how that process goes.  We might consider doing it soon due to the sputum scare as well.

They give you a paper with a copy of vaccines they gave you but the actual result for all tests they send it directly to the Embassy.

Edited by CDFranck

We got our DQ July 8, 2023 has anyone heard if the auto expedites that happened in February and September have moved ahead and are in their destination? 

It seems like so many are asking the same but there is no follow up. I will try to update here when we are moving again in the system so that others may have an idea what is happening overall. 

10 hours ago, DUBSTER1 said:

We got our DQ July 8, 2023 has anyone heard if the auto expedites that happened in February and September have moved ahead and are in their destination? 

It seems like so many are asking the same but there is no follow up. I will try to update here when we are moving again in the system so that others may have an idea what is happening overall. 

The auto expedited happened in January and June. So if the pattern follows, we should be hearing sometime by the end of the month, perhaps because of Thanksgiving, it may happen beginning of December.

On 11/16/2023 at 11:29 PM, kailtan19 said:

"Hey, guys! I'm new here. My mother just received a DQ on May 8, 2023. Is there a chance for her to be included in the upcoming 'mass expedite,' if there ever will be one?

There's a chance, but honestly nobody knows absolutely anything at this point. :(

June 25, 2022 - Married

June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

June 4, 2024 - CFO 

Greetings to everyone here!

My wife's CR-1 application was recently DQ'd by the NVC. We were very excited to see that things were starting to move along until now that we're just finding out about how slow the Manila embassy is with scheduling interviews for CR1 visas and the like.

Anywho, to everyone that might be auto-expedited in the next few weeks/months, I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you can be re-united with your special one(s) just in time for the holidays.

Here's our timeline:

October 2022     - Married in the Philippines

December 2022 - I-130 received by Nebraska Service Center

October 2023    -  I-130 approved (California Service Center)

November 2023 - NVC Documentarily Qualified

We are just also finding out that there are a few more requirements for all emigrating Filipino citizens: Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and a Travel Tax.

The Philippine gv't really doesn't make things easy, eh?

Is there anything else that we should be aware of?

On top of all of this, my wife and I had our first child this summer. The US passport for our child has already been issued and we seem to be half way with SSN application process.

Looks like I'll be checking this thread pretty often for any updates or movement.

Just now, Rubanoid said:

Greetings to everyone here!

My wife's CR-1 application was recently DQ'd by the NVC. We were very excited to see that things were starting to move along until now that we're just finding out about how slow the Manila embassy is with scheduling interviews for CR1 visas and the like.

Anywho, to everyone that might be auto-expedited in the next few weeks/months, I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you can be re-united with your special one(s) just in time for the holidays.

Here's our timeline:

October 2022     - Married in the Philippines

December 2022 - I-130 received by Nebraska Service Center

October 2023    -  I-130 approved (California Service Center)

November 2023 - NVC Documentarily Qualified

We are just also finding out that there are a few more requirements for all emigrating Filipino citizens: Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) and a Travel Tax.

The Philippine gv't really doesn't make things easy, eh?

Is there anything else that we should be aware of?

On top of all of this, my wife and I had our first child this summer. The US passport for our child has already been issued and we seem to be half way with SSN application process.

Looks like I'll be checking this thread pretty often for any updates or movement.

PDOS is the wrong seminar for a spouse.  The required seminar is GCP.  

13 minutes ago, IWander said:

PDOS is the wrong seminar for a spouse.  The required seminar is GCP.  

Are you referring to the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) issued through CFO…? 

Too many acronyms to keep track of.

I merely copy-pasted the info found on the embassy webpage lol

I believe IWander pointed me into the right direction.

It's this seminar thing right?: https://manila.cfo.gov.ph/GCP-Manila-Appointment/

8 minutes ago, Rubanoid said:

Too many acronyms to keep track of.

I merely copy-pasted the info found on the embassy webpage lol

I believe IWander pointed me into the right direction.

It's this seminar thing right?: https://manila.cfo.gov.ph/GCP-Manila-Appointment/

LoL. It is a lot of acronyms.

This is indeed the correct seminar. The PDOS is for Overseas Filipino Workers. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.