EdwardSnowden

CR1 is DQ, current wait time for interview in Manila?

544 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

True.

Congrats!

I was not aware of this.  Thank you so much.  I was thinking the might be an exit tax, but not until after 1 year.  I think my wife will have an emigration tax, though.  Man.  I can hardly wait for this circus to be over.

It's silly. You have to bring your itinerary, some 2x2 passport photos, copy of your latest visa extension, copy of ACR if you have one, copy of passport bio page, copy of passport visa page, and a couple other things I don't remember, and they don't release it for five days. IIRC it's good for a month. If you do it a couple weeks before your flight you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Evan757 said:

It's silly.

Coincidentally, an apt summary of so many things in this entire process, if not somewhat modest. 🤣

You have to bring your itinerary, some 2x2 passport photos, copy of your latest visa extension, copy of ACR if you have one, copy of passport bio page, copy of passport visa page, and a couple other things I don't remember, and they don't release it for five days. IIRC it's good for a month. If you do it a couple weeks before your flight you should be fine.

We scheduled a driver for next week, since the nearest BI office is 1 hr away in Sta Rosa.

My wife just got home from CFO, she said it was fine.

I'll need to examine our tickets for the travel tax.

Just now, Adobo said:

Quick question, because I am not aware of this yet.......but are  we able to get medical in St Lukes if there is no NVC/USEM notice of interview yet?

Yes, just keep in mind that it's only good for 6 months.

6 hours ago, aaroncv3 said:

Coincidentally, an apt summary of so many things in this entire process, if not somewhat modest. 🤣

We scheduled a driver for next week, since the nearest BI office is 1 hr away in Sta Rosa.

My wife just got home from CFO, she said it was fine.

I'll need to examine our tickets for the travel tax.

Also FYI, they're going to be closed on August 21 for Ninoy Aquino Day, and on the 28th as well. 

7 hours ago, Adobo said:

That is good to know. I just got off the phone with my wife and we will discuss this option and we may opt to get her medical next month or October. That'll be good for until March or April of next year...

Keep in mind also that the visa will expire when the medical exam does.  So if you hold on to your medical clearance for 5 months before the interview, your approved visa will expire in only 1 month.

13 hours ago, curtgolf said:

Another Rally is starting on the follow Facebook group (Manila-US Embassy (DQ).  If you are waiting for interview date at USEM, please join.

💯👍 This is good.  It was a huge help to my wife over the past few months.  My Tagalog is "konti lang", so I didn't absorb all the GC, which was mostly (but not entirely) in Tagalog or Taglish.  This site, at least for me, had the benefit of being all English and also has a greater breadth of US immigration experience.  But we absolutely made use of both resources.

We're in Dallas. Customs took about two minutes. My wife and I entered together and she's now an LPR!

Nice!  Thanks for the update, and congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.