Jake77

IR2 to F11 ... + RFE

6 posts in this topic

Order of events:
1. My I-130 was filed roughly a month before I turned 21.
2. We received an RFE for my  I-130 when I was already 21.
3. We sent the requested evidence and the issue was solved.
4. We received the case number for CEAC.
5. CEAC showed IR2 as my VISA type (I was already 22 at this time).
6. Case was expedited.
7. Case was sent to Manila.
8. Noticed that my VISA type changed from IR2 to F11. (I don't know when this happened but it probably occurred during or after the expedition process.)

My questions:
1. CSPA freezes the age at the time I-130 is filed ... we filed mine before I turned 21, but we got an RFE (I-130) when I was already 21.
... Does the CSPA rule still apply (despite getting an RFE when I was already 21?)
... Note: I was already 21 when they made my CEAC account, and on that account, it showed IR2.

2. My case status is "Ready." But, I've yet to receive a notification regarding the actual interview date from the Embassy.
... Who do I contact here to resolve this  IR2-to-F11 issue? The NVC or the Embassy in Manila?

I don't wanna go to the Embassy for a scheduled interview date only to be denied because my date is not current and that I've been reclassed to F11.

Edited by Jake77
Clarifications

*** Moved from Embassy/Consulate Discussion to the Philippine regional forum, for country-specific input ***

*** Removed related thread.  For future reference, please do not create multiple threads on the same topic.  If you mistakenly post on the wrong forum, click "Report post" to request your thread to be moved.  FYI ***

14 hours ago, Jake77 said:

I've posted this on another forum but have received no answers.
My status was IR2 (CEAC website) but when the case was expedited and sent to the Embassy in Manila, it changed to F11.

I'm posting this here because most of the people (on VisaJourney and even Reddit) had the same problem (IR2 - F11) and they were all from the Philippines.
So, it seems to be a country-specific thing.

CEAC tracker says my case is "Ready" but I haven't received any interview date from the Embassy for the past 3 weeks.
What do I do here? Call the NVC? The Embassy?

Contact the embassy to correct your visa class -- https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visa-inquiry-form/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Karmo said:

Hi Jake 

can you pls tell me how your process went, did your Case change back to IR2 after it went to f11 or will the consular decides?

pls I need your response 

So long as your I-130 was sent before your 21th birthday, you'll be fine.

Mine was changed back to IR2 during the interview itself - the officer will decide.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.