Kimgaba

Can I use the same strategy I used for my I-130 for the bona fide marriage interview?

6 posts in this topic

So for the I-130 application we did a powerpoint. A basic intro, an index organized by month with a picture of my passport stamp, a receipt from the hotel with just my spuse name on it but it matched the date on the stamp. And then a page with 1 or 2 pictures of what we did with a very short description. When we did the I-130 it was 6 trips. Can I just do the same for the interview? Except this time a binder with just the index and then that organization? By now we have 14 trips. I'll give my wife my passport so she can show them the stamps are real to the interviewer.

I ask because when my wife went for the medical examination people were building these 200+ pages of online chat as evidence with pictures. Just 3 days ago my wife edited a screenshot from her computer using paint to trick a classmate into thinking the server lost her homework because she didn't want her friend cheating off of her. Surely online chats and screenshots are a waste of time? because you can just fabricate them or even download them and do a quick edit. If we only have 10-15 mins to convince them, they aren't going to bother with it. Same with the letter from the loved ones, those can be fabricated. Are those legit evidence?

Should we just keep it simple and organized? 32 pages from 14 trips with actual glued or stickied pictures with the stamps and hotel receipts? Or go nuts?

Edited by Kimgaba

keep it simple. quality over quantity. i think 200 pages of online chat is excessive and no one has time to read it all. trips to meet with each other is better. if u want to give 1-2 pages of chat thats fine. same with letters. boarding pass is good idea aswell

Edited by Misscloud

16 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

keep it simple. quality over quantity. i think 200 pages of online chat is excessive and no one has time to read it all. trips to meet with each other is better. if u want to give 1-2 pages of chat thats fine. same with letters. boarding pass is good idea aswell

Okay, thanks for the confirmation. Do you know if they'll accept a binder or a book style ? Or they like loose leafs? I wanted to organize a nice binder so they can see what they want effectively.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No, they will not accept a binder.  Keep your evidence to no more than 50 pages.  If you have more trips since filing the petition, update your stack with new evidence.

This is not a bona fide marriage interview.  It's an immigrant spouse visa interview.  They are evaluation EVERYTHING, not just your bona fides.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We had a well organized booklet about 20 pages with chat and photos - the officer just looked at the cover and never opened it. Perhaps she already decided to grant the visa. Just my gut feeling: but too much is bad as well as too little. For example if you're together for one year, just have a few important pieces from each month. My wife an I chatted daily for 5 months - that would be about 150 conversations. Way too much for anyone. When we were together, I just included a few photos for each month. You could probably lay out on powerpoint a matrix such as June: 25 daily conversation; discussed wedding plans with future in-laws; photo on vacation; etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.