RizOne

Visa officer called and asked willingness to travel before medical exirpy.

8 posts in this topic

Hi Fellows,

My brother is waiting for marriage-based immigration case in Islamabad embassy. He had his interview appx 5 months ago. Yesterday he received a call from visa office asking him his willingness to travel to US before his medical expires in next 15 days, which he gave affirmative answer. The call was followed by an email asking for the same. There are not many instructions in the email other than a link to local courier processing center. His passport is already at the US embassy. Following actions were taken:

1) He informed the visa office on the call that he would like to travel before expiry.
2) He also tried to reply to the following email which did not go through and was returned.
3) He also logged in via the following link to courier mentioned in the email and has requested the passport to be sent to the processing center and He will pick it up from the processing center instead of sending it to his home. 

Has anyone else received this and what actions did they take. Please share. How many days did it take to get the passport back since he only has 15 days to travel?

Here is the email received from US embassy. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Applicant,

We are glad to inform you that our office is ready for further processing of the subject case and requires the following to be completed for review by the Consular Officer(s).

• Please let us know your willingness to travel prior to your medical expiry date i.e. 28-FeB-2023.

Create / Update profile to submit / receive documents via courier, use link https://ustraveldocs.com/pk/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you.

Thats good news.  Create the profile, schedule the flight at least two days before the visa expires. Tight window but do-able.  I’d suggest a nonstop to US soil.

Edited by iwannaplay54

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Process & Procedures to IR1/CR1 Progress Reports ***

22 minutes ago, RizOne said:

Yesterday he received a call from visa office asking him his willingness to travel to US before his medical expires in next 15 days

I didn't get an email, but I was asked this question by the consul officer at my visa interview.  My medical expiry date was only around a month after my interview.

As to when the passport with visa will be delivered, there's no guaranteed timeframe.  But since the consulate asked about the applicant's willingness to travel immediately, presumably they're trying to issue the visa in time to enable that travel.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, iwannaplay54 said:

Thats good news.  Create the profile, schedule the flight at least two days before the visa expires. Tight window but do-able.  I’d suggest a nonstop to US soil.

Great points!!!  Many, many, many people would jump at a chance to travel within 15 days.  By all means, make sure he arrives BEFORE that visa expires.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jump on it and get ready to travel.

Airfare might be expensive for short notice travel, but it is worth it

You never know what could happen if things are delayed again

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

20 minutes ago, RizOne said:

He already have created the profile before he went for the interview and have selected the passport delivery option since the passport is alerady at US emabssy, the question is - Does he have to recreate the profile/ update the profile and/or perform any other actions on this site to get the passport.

Normally - not - and I believe the notice was a heads up to make sure the profile is up to date.  My recollection was that we also paid for delivery at interview but embassies do things differently.  I recall going to like three different counters dumping cash here and there.  
Stay in touch with the IV unit.  I did and asked for / received the tracking number when the passport was sent.  If I were to recommend any further action that would be it.

Safe travels!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.