MMRF

Should we anticipate an RFE for a joint sponsor? I'm (petitioner) self employed

1 post in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sponsoring my husband and am self-employed (and have been for 17 years). We worked with a lawyer to prepare our package (130, 485, etc, etc) and they submitted 3 yrs of full accountant prepared tax returns (with all supporting 1099's, etc) plus 12 months of of statements for all of my bank and investment accounts for assets (talk about a lot of paper). The lawyer said we don't need a joint sponsor but I'm not so sure. They did a poor job so I don't trust them.

I made over the required amount for a household of two in 2019 and 2021 but not in 2020 b/c well, you were all there, you saw what happened. 2022 taxes are not ready yet but I will again make more than enough. My total assets fall just under the requirement at 65k, but we also included his assets which puts us over the baseline. I've read old threads about self employment and the info is conflicting. I am concerned that the lawyer did not ask me to write a "letter of employment" for myself or provide any business license or anything else. 

Should we line up a joint sponsor or are we probably ok?

Edited by MMRF

Sept 2020 - Met

Oct 2022 - Married

Jan 2023 - Filed AOS packet

Feb 2023 - Biometrics

July 2023 - Greened

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}