Richieee7777

Why was interview canceled? [split topic]

34 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2023 at 5:18 PM, Richieee7777 said:

Wow! What does FOIA mean and when could one do that? I mean what situation could one attempt the FOIA?

Also, if you have to apply for FOIA, which of these options best describe your case

FCC0CFFB-CB5C-40DE-8069-8B0F2D2AD884.png

Any updates on the interview yet? 

On 3/24/2023 at 3:37 PM, rohsha said:

I did go to the field office on March 6th. I checked in on the 2nd floor as was mentioned in the notice. They of course could not find the appointment so I spoke to the supervisor and he said he could not find the appointment either. He said he was going to put my application back in line for scheduling an interview. It’s been close to 3 weeks and there has been no change yet. I was reading in the Facebook groups that filing an FOIA request can sometimes help expedite the interview date so I did that on March 8th. I’ve only gotten an acknowledgment from USCIS that they’ve received my FOIA request and will let me know when the documents are ready. 

30 minutes ago, Ab199226 said:

No updates yet, I’m still waiting - it’s almost two months since the interview was cancelled. 

@rohsha I was going to contact you to confirm if they’ve responded to you since you went to the field office on that day. Also did they get back to you regarding the FOIA?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Richieee7777 said:

No updates yet, I’m still waiting - it’s almost two months since the interview was cancelled. 

@rohsha I was going to contact you to confirm if they’ve responded to you since you went to the field office on that day. Also did they get back to you regarding the FOIA?

Nothing yet since I went to the field office. 

I got a response from the FOIA request with a copy of my permanent resident card and a copy of the N400 form that was already submitted online. Nothing on the rescheduling of the interview yet. 

6 hours ago, rohsha said:

Nothing yet since I went to the field office. 

I got a response from the FOIA request with a copy of my permanent resident card and a copy of the N400 form that was already submitted online. Nothing on the rescheduling of the interview yet. 

This is extremely frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.