Richieee7777

Why was interview canceled? [split topic]

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Richieee7777 said:

As anyone received any updates on “Descheduled Interviews” for N-400 (Naturalization) yet?

Nothing yet. It’s been over 3 weeks since the interview was canceled. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
17 hours ago, Richieee7777 said:

As anyone received any updates on “Descheduled Interviews” for N-400 (Naturalization) yet?

My wife's oath ceremony had been cancelled to re-schedule at the same time same day.  It moves from KC courthouse to convention center.  I guess making more room for more people.

19 hours ago, Richieee7777 said:

Were you all scheduled for biometrics? 

2/13/23 Mailed application to USCIS

2/15/23 USCIS Received Application 

2/25/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment (online update)

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

3/15/23 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

7/25/23 Interview was scheduled  

36 minutes ago, Richieee7777 said:

I was never scheduled for biometrics. I only got a notification that “Biometrics was reused”.

Oh, I thought maybe they re-schedule because they are awaiting for the result of your bio. 

2/13/23 Mailed application to USCIS

2/15/23 USCIS Received Application 

2/25/23 USCIS Scheduled for bio appointment (online update)

3/15/23 Bio appointment 

3/15/23 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

7/25/23 Interview was scheduled  

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you all. Just following up on this post again! Has anyone received any updates yet regarding interview rescheduling?

I learned that it typically takes 30 days to get rescheduled for an interview after being descheduled (varies with Service center).

Anyone with viable information regarding how long it takes Chicago Field Center to reschedule a descheduled interview?

FYI we had our interview scheduled in September, cancelled, then rescheduled in March. Be prepared, sometimes they put you at the end of the list again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 10:03 PM, Richieee7777 said:

Sorry to bother you all. Just following up on this post again! Has anyone received any updates yet regarding interview rescheduling?

I learned that it typically takes 30 days to get rescheduled for an interview after being descheduled (varies with Service center).

Anyone with viable information regarding how long it takes Chicago Field Center to reschedule a descheduled interview?

I am in the same boat as rohsha and richieee — got my canceled twice from Chicago field office with a similar timeline. Feb 07,2023 was it got cancelled last and has still not rescheduled! 

5 minutes ago, Ab199226 said:

I am in the same boat as rohsha and richieee — got my canceled twice from Chicago field office with a similar timeline. Feb 07,2023 was it got cancelled last and has still not rescheduled! 

Yes, they cancelled almost every N-400 interview scheduled for March on February 7th at Chicago Field office. I still don’t know the reason why.

They have not rescheduled the interview yet.

Just now, Richieee7777 said:

Yes, they cancelled almost every N-400 interview scheduled for March on February 7th at Chicago Field office. I still don’t know the reason why.

They have not rescheduled the interview yet.

Very absurd IMO — hopefully it gets done soon. I have a trip coming up in June and really want to get the passport by then. 

I am really wondering if they’re understaffed or what! 

1 minute ago, Ab199226 said:

Very absurd IMO — hopefully it gets done soon. I have a trip coming up in June and really want to get the passport by then. 

I am really wondering if they’re understaffed or what! 

I believe they are probably understaffed. I hope they reschedule the interview soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I did go to the field office on March 6th. I checked in on the 2nd floor as was mentioned in the notice. They of course could not find the appointment so I spoke to the supervisor and he said he could not find the appointment either. He said he was going to put my application back in line for scheduling an interview. It’s been close to 3 weeks and there has been no change yet. I was reading in the Facebook groups that filing an FOIA request can sometimes help expedite the interview date so I did that on March 8th. I’ve only gotten an acknowledgment from USCIS that they’ve received my FOIA request and will let me know when the documents are ready. 

On 3/24/2023 at 3:37 PM, rohsha said:

I did go to the field office on March 6th. I checked in on the 2nd floor as was mentioned in the notice. They of course could not find the appointment so I spoke to the supervisor and he said he could not find the appointment either. He said he was going to put my application back in line for scheduling an interview. It’s been close to 3 weeks and there has been no change yet. I was reading in the Facebook groups that filing an FOIA request can sometimes help expedite the interview date so I did that on March 8th. I’ve only gotten an acknowledgment from USCIS that they’ve received my FOIA request and will let me know when the documents are ready. 

Wow! What does FOIA mean and when could one do that? I mean what situation could one attempt the FOIA?

Also, if you have to apply for FOIA, which of these options best describe your case

FCC0CFFB-CB5C-40DE-8069-8B0F2D2AD884.png

Edited by Richieee7777
Clarification

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.