31 posts in this topic

A little about myself: I am a nurse and my husband is an immigrant from Mexico. He came here for school back in 2010 and has been in school since. His plan was always to go back to Mexico when he graduated but then he met me. During a pandemic where medical professionals worked in excess we did not have a whole lot of dates out and generally had them at my house, which mostly consisted of my husband being my pillow while I slept. So we submitted a lot of photos that were just of us doing things solo. We finally moved in together and focused on getting my daughter accustomed to her new life, which was not easy, and we started the process to getting pregnant. After 2 HSGs it was shown that my tubes were blocked and so we moved onto IVF. Well in December of 2021 we transferred our first embryo and were overjoyed that it stuck and we were pregnant. My mother in law and sister in law came from MX and we went to my families Christmas party which is where we have the only pictures of us not alone together or with the kid. I ended up with Covid from my little sister after attending that party and our baby's heartbeat stopped and I miscarried. I have not been to a family event since and have since moved across the country to another state. I took down my social media bc it was triggering seeing so many people getting pregnant and I felt foresaken by God. I was in a better place until yesterday when I was sent a NOID and one of the things that was put in it was that we had not had children together. Now I am sitting at work, typing this and crying in an office alone. Here's the kicker, I am a correctional nurse in a facility that houses many ICE and I am over here worried about my immigration case. I am prepared to move to MX if need be but the only problem is that I am in the Army National Guard and would have to end up AWOL bc i wouldn't be able to afford the trips back and forth Anyways, nice to meet everyone and thank you for listening to my soapbox.  

2 hours ago, hlascari said:

A little about myself: I am a nurse and my husband is an immigrant from Mexico. He came here for school back in 2010 and has been in school since. His plan was always to go back to Mexico when he graduated but then he met me. During a pandemic where medical professionals worked in excess we did not have a whole lot of dates out and generally had them at my house, which mostly consisted of my husband being my pillow while I slept. So we submitted a lot of photos that were just of us doing things solo. We finally moved in together and focused on getting my daughter accustomed to her new life, which was not easy, and we started the process to getting pregnant. After 2 HSGs it was shown that my tubes were blocked and so we moved onto IVF. Well in December of 2021 we transferred our first embryo and were overjoyed that it stuck and we were pregnant. My mother in law and sister in law came from MX and we went to my families Christmas party which is where we have the only pictures of us not alone together or with the kid. I ended up with Covid from my little sister after attending that party and our baby's heartbeat stopped and I miscarried. I have not been to a family event since and have since moved across the country to another state. I took down my social media bc it was triggering seeing so many people getting pregnant and I felt foresaken by God. I was in a better place until yesterday when I was sent a NOID and one of the things that was put in it was that we had not had children together. Now I am sitting at work, typing this and crying in an office alone. Here's the kicker, I am a correctional nurse in a facility that houses many ICE and I am over here worried about my immigration case. I am prepared to move to MX if need be but the only problem is that I am in the Army National Guard and would have to end up AWOL bc i wouldn't be able to afford the trips back and forth Anyways, nice to meet everyone and thank you for listening to my soapbox.  

Your case is not deny yet, it ia a NOID , that mean if you dont send good evidence they will deny, so send good evidences eith the NOID

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Reading back through the OP, I have a few more questions.  Are you and your husband still living together?  What evidence did you send with the AOS package?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, iwannaplay54 said:

What were the other reasons.  Couples WITH children are denied.  There is something else.

They said that I did not provide sufficient evidence. We did not have a traditional wedding, it was a preacher who married us. We lack a bunch of photos bc I worked a lot during Covid, when I was not working my one day off a week I spent it with him and we stayed home bc you know COVID. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Introducing Our Members forum to the "AOS from WS&T Visas" main forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
13 hours ago, hlascari said:

So we submitted a lot of photos that were just of us doing things solo.

Just photos are not enough. You need more marriage and cohabitation evidence beyond just photos. As suggested, redact personal info and paste the NOID here.

We’re good at navigating this.  Just the list of reasons would be very helpful.

As others have said, very sorry to hear your situation and thank you for your service.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.