SMK 89

Ways to Contact Officer that Interviewed? Pending I-751 and Passed by N-400 Interview - No Updates Still

8 posts in this topic

Hi, looking to see if anyone has found a way to get directly in-touch with the USCIS officer that interviewed them post naturalization interview. How do you submit evidence if they ask for more? I was not asked for more but my interview occured 12/13/2022, with a pending i-751. This is all marriage based. I passed, and the officer didnt realize my i-751 was pending until we got to that question. And no, he didnt need to request/wait for my file. It was in front of him on his desk. He asked if i wanted to give additional evidence so i gave him recent mortgae statements, health insurance, other insurance stuff since everything in the i-751 was from summer of 2020. It's february, and no movement. Yes, my spouse was outside but was never asked to come in. I honestly feel like he put my file on the back of his desk and forgot about it. I've put in a message through the USCIS portal and got a general response back saying the last status is that i attended the interview. 

Has anyone had this happen, and been waiting this long? Any way to get through to this guy? I legit feel like i was just forgotten and not this is just pending because no one is thinking/looking at it...out of sight out of mind. I wonder if now with things being more elctronic if officers get promts when something is approaching the 120 days... but i doubt it, and it's probably just wishful thinking. At this point it has been 38 business days post interview that was passed and he even made the comment that 1) he would look at my case next week (i.e. Week of December 20th), and when i gave him the additional evidence he said he doesn't forsee there being problems with i-751 approval with this type of evidence and us having as child together since getting married etc. How can i just get someone to remind this guy to look at my stuff --- we really are an easy case!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You just have to wait. Unless you get a letter giving you his name and USCIS address to send file to, nothing but waitp

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

2 minutes ago, Timona said:

You just have to wait. Unless you get a letter giving you his name and USCIS address to send file to, nothing but waitp

That's not a bad idea...my receipt from the N-400 interview had his first initial and last name on it. And i know his office is at the location i had my interview. I could do that. Not sure if they just throw out any mail they get. Is that typically what they ask people to do when sending additional evidence to specific officer? 

28 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Hi, looking to see if anyone has found a way to get directly in-touch with the USCIS officer that interviewed them post naturalization interview. How do you submit evidence if they ask for more? I was not asked for more but my interview occured 12/13/2022, with a pending i-751. This is all marriage based. I passed, and the officer didnt realize my i-751 was pending until we got to that question. And no, he didnt need to request/wait for my file. It was in front of him on his desk. He asked if i wanted to give additional evidence so i gave him recent mortgae statements, health insurance, other insurance stuff since everything in the i-751 was from summer of 2020. It's february, and no movement. Yes, my spouse was outside but was never asked to come in. I honestly feel like he put my file on the back of his desk and forgot about it. I've put in a message through the USCIS portal and got a general response back saying the last status is that i attended the interview. 

Has anyone had this happen, and been waiting this long? Any way to get through to this guy? I legit feel like i was just forgotten and not this is just pending because no one is thinking/looking at it...out of sight out of mind. I wonder if now with things being more elctronic if officers get promts when something is approaching the 120 days... but i doubt it, and it's probably just wishful thinking. At this point it has been 38 business days post interview that was passed and he even made the comment that 1) he would look at my case next week (i.e. Week of December 20th), and when i gave him the additional evidence he said he doesn't forsee there being problems with i-751 approval with this type of evidence and us having as child together since getting married etc. How can i just get someone to remind this guy to look at my stuff --- we really are an easy case!

No way to get in touch but I wouldnt worry.  Your’re going to be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You cannot send anything unless you are asked. How will they know? Simple. Whenever you send it in, they ask you to put a copy of the letter mailed to you. 

And you cannot pop up there asking to speak to IO

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

wait until 120 days, after that u can try to write letter to that field office ( cc Field Office Director) sent it by certified mail, maybe u will get response maybe u wont. but worth to try right? and also u can ask ur local congressperson to make an inquiry.

note. during my interview i actually asked the IO full name and she gave it to me. i just want to have it "just in case" but during the interview i found out its her last week working with the field office :(

Edited by Misscloud

10 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

during my interview i actually asked the IO full name and she gave it to me. i just want to have it "just in case" but during the interview i found out its her last week working with the field office :(

That's why she was so keen introducing herself 😆

Actually, a good question: aren't they required by law to give their full name?

At my AOS interview, IOs name was displayed on his table at all times. Maybe it's a diffent standard depending on whether a lawyer is present 😅

Edited by OldUser

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

That's why she was so keen introducing herself 😆

Actually, a good question: aren't they required by law to give their full name?

At my AOS interview, IOs name was displayed on his table at all times. Maybe it's a diffent standard when a lawyer is present 😅

LOL ! probably why she doesnt mind to give her full name

i dont think they are required by law to give their full name. i went to 2 interview, 1 with asylum officer and 1 when i did AOS interview, they just stated their first name. though for last one, i actually asked nicely do u mind to tell me ur full name. but i dont know the etiquette about that matter. really dont want to rock the boat with the IO and piss them off. and both interviews i never attended it with a lawyer 

Edited by Misscloud

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.