Eduardo Rodriguez

How much time do I have to send I-485 after I-130?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This morning my wife and I filed two I-130s in which she, an American an born citizen, is requesting me and my daughter of a previous marriage as her direct family. We thought the whole process could. be done online, but apparently right now only the I-130 can. be done through  the USCIS website. 

We are aware that the next step we should take to file the I-485s for me and my daughter. But how should we do it? Should we print the forms (we are aware that theres a new version for this year) and send them via USPS? If thats the case, how do we indicate that those files are part of our cases? 

Also, we understand that when filing for a minor with her parent at the same time the child's I-485 costs is less. So how do we indicate that this two I-485s are part of a same family?

Thank you so much in advance, we are a bit lost in this part of the process

Yes you send the others forms by usps.

On top the form i-485 you place the i- 130 receipt that you got when you submited the i-130.

They know you are filling currently because when you fill out i-485 you will type the i-130 receipt number.

I advise you read about current filing here on visajourney

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

48 minutes ago, Eduardo Rodriguez said:

This morning my wife and I filed two I-130s in which she, an American an born citizen, is requesting me and my daughter of a previous marriage as her direct family. We thought the whole process could. be done online, but apparently right now only the I-130 can. be done through  the USCIS website. 

We are aware that the next step we should take to file the I-485s for me and my daughter. But how should we do it? Should we print the forms (we are aware that theres a new version for this year) and send them via USPS? If thats the case, how do we indicate that those files are part of our cases? 

Also, we understand that when filing for a minor with her parent at the same time the child's I-485 costs is less. So how do we indicate that this two I-485s are part of a same family?

Try to send your aos package this months, in march uscis will increase the fee, and it is a big increase in each forms

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

🤣

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You should have indicated, on the I-130, that this is for Adjustment of Status.  As @mytruelove18 said, include the I-130 receipt notices to the I-485 packages to connect the dots. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, mytruelove18 said:

Yes you send the others forms by usps.On top the form i-485 you place the i- 130 receipt that you got when you submited the i-130.

They know you are filling currently because when you fill out i-485 you will type the i-130 receipt number.

I advise you read about current filing here on visajourney

Thanks! If you dont mind could you point me in the right direction on what to read? Im not familiar with this website so Im a bit lost.

17 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

You should have indicated, on the I-130, that this is for Adjustment of Status.  As @mytruelove18 said, include the I-130 receipt notices to the I-485 packages to connect the dots. 

Thanks, when the I-130 asked where do I plan to do the following steps, current address, etc my answers indicated that I'm already in USA but there was no explicit question about adjustment of status explicitly

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Eduardo Rodriguez said:

Thanks! If you dont mind could you point me in the right direction on what to read? Im not familiar with this website so Im a bit lost.

Thanks, when the I-130 asked where do I plan to do the following steps, current address, etc my answers indicated that I'm already in USA but there was no explicit question about adjustment of status explicitly

Was this section on the online form?

image.thumb.png.64dedceed8774e42ed1ef713356be64a.png

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Was this section on the online form?

image.thumb.png.64dedceed8774e42ed1ef713356be64a.png

Exactly! On that question I marked Greer, SC (according to google my closest USCI office) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Are you in or out of US?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
Just now, Timona said:

Are you in or out of US?

In the US, I came two and a half years ago with a tourist visa, met the woman who is now my wife and overstayed 

Timeline

Edited by Crazy Cat

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Eduardo Rodriguez said:

In the US, I came two and a half years ago with a tourist visa, met the woman who is now my wife and overstayed 

And when did your daughter come in? 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 hour ago, Eduardo Rodriguez said:

Also send the medical exam, call uscis doctor in your area and get medical exam done and send it with the i-485 form

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Roc April 27, 2021

🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.