Kyle6811

Question on i130 required evidence

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Here's to hoping about now the OP is thinking...."Oh my!  Maybe that guy knows what he's talking about after all."  Just laugh.  It's early Sunday Morning here and I haven't had my coffee yet.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

2 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

1. Get a new card for you two, with a low limit to be used in case of emergency.

Big no. Emergency funds are for emergencies. Credit cards are not for emergencies.

Put small recurring charge on that card instead, such as phone bill.

Edited by OldUser

12 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Big no. Emergency funds are for emergencies. Credit cards are not for emergencies.

Put small recurring charge on that card instead, such as phone bill.

Uh. Some emergencies you can't go to the bank. I haven't said to spend the money. Can even be a secured/prepaid card.  Sheesh.

5 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Uh. Some emergencies you can't go to the bank. I haven't said to spend the money. Can even be a secured/prepaid card.  Sheesh.

Don't forget 24% APR on CC. Put $500 aside and use for emergency instead. Missing a payment is so easy when you're in emergency and do not have funds. Using CC for emergency can cause a snowball effect, worsening financial situation and damaging credit score. Personal loan is much lower APR if you want to borrow money for emergency (although as I say, it's best to have actual money for emergency).

Thus my recommendation of using CC for small regular payments that already occur and don't require shopping. Helps credit score, and helps as evidence of bonafide marriage.

Edited by OldUser

6 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Don't forget 24% APR on CC. Put $500 aside and use for emergency instead. Missing a payment is so easy when you're in emergency and do not have funds. Using CC for emergency can cause a snowball effect, worsening financial situation and damaging credit score. Personal loan is much lower APR if you want to borrow money for emergency (although as I say, it's best to have actual money for emergency).

Thus my recommendation of using CC for small regular payments that already occur and don't require shopping. Helps credit score, and helps as evidence of bonafide marriage.

Ok.  I feel this is off topic.  I was just trying to provide ways to have some evidence,  since OP does not even seem to want to share financial stuff with their spouse.   

Maybe they're financially illiterate and will appreciate your advice.

Never paid interest on my credit card, since I pay it in full on time.  Had some unexpected expenses at times, but I can fully pay the card right back from my savings.  Debit cards can't be used everywhere abroad.     Whatever works for them. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, OldUser said:

This is an immigration forum, not a financial advice for beginners forum.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

7 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

This is an immigration forum, not a financial advice for beginners forum.  

Good immigration advice should not entail poor financial or life advice in my opinion. Regularly used card will provide better evidence for I-130 than the one with no transactions waiting for emergency.

Edited by OldUser

4 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Good immigration advice should not entail poor financial or life advice in my opinion. Regularly used card will provide better evidence for I-130 than the one with no transactions waiting for emergency.

Which common bill do they have to pay though? They just got married and are living separately.  I think no matter how they use it, it's still evidence. 

Poor financial decisions I see in so many threads that there would be no end to the advice you can give.  Legit respect to you, but I don't feel it's my place to baby them.  Same why I don't remind them to eat healthy, visit their doctor, and what not. I see trainwreck relationships that will never work, bite my tongue and try to help with immigration.  Rest is to them to figure out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OP, you're being advised here by an exceptionally experienced group of members, all of whom are contributing useful advice to your thread.  Please avoid making negative comments toward anyone, because these violate the site's Terms of Service.

Experienced members, please avoid bickering among yourselves.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
1 hour ago, OldUser said:

Now that you've put your advise in an immigration context, it makes more sense.  In order for an immigration official to know the difference would require statements over time.  Since in the OP's circumstances, such evidence is not actually expected, it is more likely to look "contrived" than helpful, IMO.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

OP, you're being advised here by an exceptionally experienced group of members, all of whom are contributing useful advice to your thread.  Please avoid making negative comments toward anyone, because these violate the site's Terms of Service.

Experienced members, please avoid bickering among yourselves.

VJ Moderation

@TBoneTX what exactly did I say here? I haven’t responded in hours. 

Edited by Kyle6811

Timeline
4 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

Ok.  I feel this is off topic.  I was just trying to provide ways to have some evidence,  since OP does not even seem to want to share financial stuff with their spouse.   

Maybe they're financially illiterate and will appreciate your advice.

@LemonsliceMy wife has full knowledge of my net worth. We both choose to have separate finances so we can spend what we want on what we want after bills are paid. 
I appreciate everyone’s thoughts here. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Here's to hoping about now the OP is thinking...."Oh my!  Maybe that guy knows what he's talking about after all."  Just laugh.  It's early Sunday Morning here and I haven't had my coffee yet.

@pushbrkMy original question to you was just out of confusion because I know that wording is very specific from the i129, I don’t remember seeing it anywhere in the 130. You and some other have provided some good thoughts, other have been less than helpful.  Thanks push

3 minutes ago, Kyle6811 said:

@LemonsliceMy wife has full knowledge of my net worth. We both choose to have separate finances so we can spend what we want on what we want after bills are paid. 
I appreciate everyone’s thoughts here. 

Rich or poor is not the question, it is about having the required evidence to have a smooth immigration journey.  I would read through this thread a couple more times, and then read the instructions a few more times.  Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.