kaypling

Next Steps after 212(a)(9)(b)

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Did you tell the Consulate your plan?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

27 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Did you tell the Consulate your plan?

If not, could have been returned to the US with a NOIR.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

If not, could have been returned to the US with a NOIR.

How long before they do that? Cos I responded to their email on Thursday, received the email from the consulate on Tuesday, I'm also going to follow that up with a message on the traveldocs platform and probably a phone call to the Lagos consulate on Monday

Edited by kaypling

49 minutes ago, kaypling said:

How long before they do that? Cos I responded to their email on Thursday, received the email from the consulate on Tuesday, I'm also going to follow that up with a message on the traveldocs platform and probably a phone call to the Lagos consulate on Monday

I have no idea.

But it's good that you're planning to contact them.  Best luck and let us know how it goes.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

I have no idea.

But it's good that you're planning to contact them.  Best luck and let us know how it goes.

Yes I'll call on Monday. I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks for the responses 

• 1 year later...
Timeline

So, I didn't get an interview until this month, and I kind of messed up. Before the interview, I was going through my documents and saw my police clearance certificate (PCC), the pink paper. When I got to the interview, a lady checked my documents, handed back the PCC, and said it was expired. I thought that couldn't be possible because I had the one from my last interview, which wasn't supposed to expire until the end of the year. I checked it and realized it was the first one I ever got. To this day, I can't explain where the unexpired one disappeared to.

In the actual interview, I wasn't asked many questions, just the nature of my wife's job, who lives with her (our daughter), and if there were any changes to my status like divorce, separation, or death. She said she needed to see the PCC and that I shouldn't worry, "those are easy to get." So, she gave me a 221g form to submit the PCC and my passport.

I thought I'd get home and find the unexpired PCC somewhere and feel like a total knucklehead, but I still can't find it. I had to apply for a new one and submitted it with my passport. My case status has been updated, likely to indicate they received the documents, but it still shows "Refused."

Has anyone had a recent experience with a similar timeline? Are there usually any more checks? I asked the interviewer if I would need another interview, and she said it wasn't likely.

On 7/24/2024 at 12:30 PM, kaypling said:

So, I didn't get an interview until this month, and I kind of messed up. Before the interview, I was going through my documents and saw my police clearance certificate (PCC), the pink paper. When I got to the interview, a lady checked my documents, handed back the PCC, and said it was expired. I thought that couldn't be possible because I had the one from my last interview, which wasn't supposed to expire until the end of the year. I checked it and realized it was the first one I ever got. To this day, I can't explain where the unexpired one disappeared to.

In the actual interview, I wasn't asked many questions, just the nature of my wife's job, who lives with her (our daughter), and if there were any changes to my status like divorce, separation, or death. She said she needed to see the PCC and that I shouldn't worry, "those are easy to get." So, she gave me a 221g form to submit the PCC and my passport.

I thought I'd get home and find the unexpired PCC somewhere and feel like a total knucklehead, but I still can't find it. I had to apply for a new one and submitted it with my passport. My case status has been updated, likely to indicate they received the documents, but it still shows "Refused."

Has anyone had a recent experience with a similar timeline? Are there usually any more checks? I asked the interviewer if I would need another interview, and she said it wasn't likely.

Sounds like you're all set in terms of documents they need.  There are always last minute checks for all US visas.  Good luck!

Timeline
4 hours ago, SalishSea said:

Sounds like you're all set in terms of documents they need.  There are always last minute checks for all US visas.  Good luck!

Thanks! What kind of checks do they usually carry out, just curious. If you know...

13 hours ago, kaypling said:

Thanks! What kind of checks do they usually carry out, just curious. If you know...

They don’t really reveal such info, but I would guess they check whatever databases were checked in the interim since the previous checks.   They are looking for updates.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.