JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2023 K1 to NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

156 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, kcpaty said:

I'm extremely frustrated. "Ready" status was April 6th. To date have not heard anything back after initial contact-embassy told me to be patient that they will send packet 3. I feel like we should be doing something in the interim. Can't schedule interview or medical without welcome letter. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Do you need the actual welcome letter from NVC to schedule the interview or just the application number & invoice number? If it's the latter, send an inquiry to NVC for the invoice number. 

In my experience, I only needed the application and invoice numbers. The website was able to pull my NVC application and allowed me to pay/schedule the interview easily after that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
27 minutes ago, yosemite1997 said:

Do you need the actual welcome letter from NVC to schedule the interview or just the application number & invoice number? If it's the latter, send an inquiry to NVC for the invoice number. 

In my experience, I only needed the application and invoice numbers. The website was able to pull my NVC application and allowed me to pay/schedule the interview easily after that.

Actual welcome letter is needed for scheduling interview period the site and the medical appointment per the medical center. Even when we log in to the dashboard of CGI or whatever the site is for scheduling it asks if we were instructed to pay by consulate. It seems like a real cluster. Thought it would be more streamlined at this juncture.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 5:58 PM, Mark Hancock said:

We've tried that and the " live chat operative " cut us off twice. No idea how to get past this. We are now outside the USCIS timeline and still not getting any information from them as to where our petition is. We were approved February 1, 2023.

Call USCIS at 800-375-5283 and say "info pass", try to get a tier 2 representative

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
8 hours ago, Bloomingdale said:

Call USCIS at 800-375-5283 and say "info pass", try to get a tier 2 representative

We tried that and other hacks suggested but didn't get anywhere. But now we are past that and have our case number, done the medical interview and waiting to do the embassy interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Mark Hancock said:

We tried that and other hacks suggested but didn't get anywhere. But now we are past that and have our case number, done the medical interview and waiting to do the embassy interview.

Full steam ahead!! Wishing you both all the best for the future 🥳

On 4/25/2023 at 7:42 AM, Aren said:

I actually just tried it and it works. It needs to be on the Live Chat feature, with an actual Customer Service Rep. I asked them if our case has been sent to NVC yet. Apparently our case was only transferred to NVC on April 17th (😒 we got our NOA2 on 28th Feb) so it's been sitting at USCIS this whole time! The CSR agent couldn't tell me why, it was part of the "normal process". NVC hasn't received it yet as of the last inquiry we sent last week on Thursday 20th, they got back to us on Fri 21st saying they didn't have it.

When I asked the agent when we can expect NVC to receive it, they said within 90 days! 😅😭 So I guess someone's trekking across the country with our file.

The wait continues 😬

Same here. I talked to the live agent at AskEmma. Seems like an inquiry can be made every 90 days. Also seems like USCIS is holding on to approved cases for as long as 90 days now before sending to NVC for some reason. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I followed up with the NVC at the 90-ish day mark (a little passed it), and I got a response the next day saying "Hey we received your petition from the USCIS, here's your case number, oh and by the way we also sent it off to the embassy where your fiancé's interview is."     Uh, ok! Great? Kinda thought I would be notified in stages, but this works I suppose. I was under the impression I had to submit a few more things before they would send it to the embassy.

I also can't update my timeline. Best I can figure is that the time between my NOA2 and NVC receiving my petition is too great. Both lines have "error" next to them when I try to update it but it won't tell me why its an error.

Edited by Mychal
Timeline Info

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Mychal said:

I followed up with the NVC at the 90-ish day mark (a little passed it), and I got a response the next day saying "Hey we received your petition from the USCIS, here's your case number, oh and by the way we also sent it off to the embassy where your fiancé's interview is."     Uh, ok! Great? Kinda thought I would be notified in stages, but this works I suppose. I was under the impression I had to submit a few more things before they would send it to the embassy.

I also can't update my timeline. Best I can figure is that the time between my NOA2 and NVC receiving my petition is too great. Both lines have "error" next to them when I try to update it but it won't tell me why its an error.

How did you contact NVC? my noa2 is May 02...

8 hours ago, GinoNiña said:

How did you contact NVC? my noa2 is May 02...

I used the email nvcresearch@state.gov. Enter your USCIS receipt number as the subject of the email.

I just kept it as polite and professional as possible, giving them my NOA2 date and asking if they received my petition from the USCIS yet.

All their responses start with "To Whom It May Concern" which kinda made me think there wasn't a real person responding. But hey, eventually I got a response saying everything was received and sent off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has everyone else in this group got there interview dates? Or are we the only ones to have heard nothing?

What has happened so far in how we have been notified and the manner in which information is sent from the USCIS, NVC, and US embassy in my finances country hasn't followed the processes listed here on this website at all, and now we are completely in the dark, months after a weird notice of the NVC sending our information off, which itself is weird because we never submitted anything to the NVC before they told us they sent our case to the embassy, with no agency responding to any request we send for or try and call about.

Nothing is playing out as we have researched and been informed, and now we feel like sitting ducks with no agency to answer us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.